Friday, August 15, 2008

Tess' Gotcha Day, an Award & a Tag

Hi hi it's me Tess,
Last Monday was my gotcha day. That's right everyone, I've lived here with D & B for one whole year. After a very rocky start I've settled in nicely. Lucy and I get along great now, in fact she is my best friend and sparing partner.
Now we had a litte surprise that arrived here last week. Brooke organised for a very special present to be sent to me. We weren't allowed to open it until Brooke got here. We were very good and waited patiently until Monday to open the box and WOW what a great surprise it was. Check it out:



It was the most pawesome cake I have ever seen. It was huge with loads of decorations. Guess what, it looked so good that B had a little nibble even though it's a doggy cake...the man can't help himself lol.

We had another surprise during the week too. Our good friends Sephie & Buster and our matie Kirby gave us an fantastic award


This card has some rules on re-passing it:-
1. Only five people allowed.
2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog.
3. One has to be someone new or recently new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
4. You must link back to whoever gave you the award.

We would now like to pass this pawesome award onto Penny from Melbourne, Molly & Taffy, William Tell, Gus Louie & Callie and Moco.

We have also been tagged by our human matie Blue.
Unspectacular quirks...
Rules:-
1. Link back to the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.


Here are our quirks:


Noah: I simply refuse to go upstairs if something is blocking my way, even if it's a feather.

Willow: I have a big obssession with collecting socks & underwear from B's undies draw which is conveniently located at ground level.

Tess: I always try to hump Bryan...he says it's just not natural but I don't care.

Lucy: I can't help but attack my own sisters & brother if I see another dog I don't like. They think I'm totally nuts.

Noah: I'm a total snob who would rather hang out in my basket upstairs alone than with the girls downstairs. Well you know my sissies...can you blame me.

Willow: I like to sleep with D & B in the big bed.

We know tag Maggie & Mitch to play this quirky game.

Wow that was a long post. Promise to keep the next one short.

tailwags,

Tess xx

38 comments:

The Black and Tans. said...

Oooooo yummy that cake looked so scrummy. Did you eat it all in one go? Tell B to keep his paws off your food, you have to keep your paws of his. These hoomans sure do take liberties.
Well done on all your Paw-Limpic medals.
Have a good weekend
Molly and Taffy xx

parlance said...

They are certainly quirky behaviours. It must make for an interesting household.

Thanks for the award. It certainly looks like a beautiful card. I'll have to put my thinking cap on as to who to pass it on to. I have to admit that although I love getting awards, I find it difficult to figure out who to pass them on to, because there are so many fascinating blogs.

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Tess...what an adorable cake...Happiest Gotcha Day, Sweet Girl!!! Now, B shouldn't be eatin' ur doggie cake...can never trust a hooman to keep their nose outta ur dogbowl can ya???

And SNOW! Wow...seeing that's is very summer here right now, that looks amazing! I love to run threw it when it's all powdery and such!!

Ask Sweet Noah if he's ready for our date when I get back from the UK and nursing Jackson?

Hugs and kissies to all of ya!

Barks!!!

Laciegirl

Faya said...

I have never seen such a big nice cake ! If you need some help to finish it.....just tell me ok ? Kisses, Faya
PS : Véronique wants to know how many calories in the cake ? Who cares.....

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Wow! That's certainly a pawsome cake you got there, Tess! I bet it tastes as yummy as it looks! Happy Gotcha Day!

Scottie

Deetz said...

Happy Gotcha day last Monday. Mine is this weekend. I loved reading about your quirks....
Deetzy

Bogart H. Devil said...

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY

What a great cake!!! And what a sweetie Brooke is :)

THANKS SO MUCH for my birthday card, I LOVED IT!!!!

Love,
Bogart

Bogart H. Devil said...

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY

What a great cake!!! And what a sweetie Brooke is :)

THANKS SO MUCH for my birthday card, I LOVED IT!!!!

Love,
Bogart

Duke said...

Holy Moley! Look at that cake! What a beauty and I bet it tasted as good as it looks!
Thanks for tagging us! We'll be thinking about this one!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Moco said...

Happy Gotcha' Day. What a great cake. I bet it tasted as good as it looks.
Thanks for the award. I will be passing it on very soon.
Loved the quirks. Foley used to drag Grammie's underware and socks all over the house when she was gone when we first got him. He is better now.

Asta said...

Hi Noah
I loved youw quiwks, especially about not going past even a feathew, hehehneat fweak, hehehehe
Tha is a pasome cake..akshually , the pawsomest evew!
Happy Gotcha day TESS
love and smoochie kisses
ASTA

Eric said...

Happy Gotcha day Tess! Did you eat all of the scrumptious cake? That looked one doglightful cake.

Congratulations on your award and I had a giggle at your quirks. I wonder do you have the same touble going downstairs as upstairs Noel? No wonder you hang out in your basket alone if you do..:(

Wagging weekend pals, Eric x

Lizzy said...

Tess!

Happy Gotcha Day, I hope you had a grrrrEAT day! That cake looks so tasty, I'm drooling on the keyboard again!

By the way, I love the new blog look!

Sparky

George the Pup said...

Wow Tess, what a pawesome cake! That is so cool. What a great Gotcha Day celebration! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Lacy said...

w00f;s Noah and Girlies, ooops did me furgit to make Tess a barkday crawdd...me sooo sorrwy, me will fix u one tonite...anyways happy late barkday...congrats on ur award...

b safe,
~rocky~

Asta Marie said...

Wow Tess.... Happy Gotcha Day...I bet you are happy that you ended up where you are.....That is one pawsome surprise you all received...it looks delicious and much too pretty to eat but I bet it was good...

Lucy, I did the same thing you do when my doggie dad was still around...everytime we saw a dog we couldn't get nearwho barked at us, I would attack him....I don't do it to Dewey or Toby for some reason.

And Tess, I have been known to try to hump Toby too....and I'm even spayed now...of course my dog Dad, Alfie used to actually doink me before I was and he was neutered...go figure.....

Great job!!!!
Asta Marie, WFT

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh thank you so much for the award. We are so honored. We love keeping up with your blog. Thanks for being our friend..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Asta said...

Noah
I know you and Tess and Willow and Lucy wewe wi us in spiwit..it was a vewy quick last minute fly ovew..not the weal pawty..that will happen when Jackson is totally well!
hope you have a gweat weekend
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Lorenza said...

Happy Gotcha Day Tess! That cake looks pawesome. Sure it was delicious!
Congratulations on you Award!
Thanks for sharing your quirks!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Thor and Jack said...

Happy Gotcha Day Tess! What a wonderful cake! It looks yummy!
Congrats on your award!

Love and licks
Thor

Terra said...

Wowee! That is a pawsome cake! I am super jealous and can only hope that my humans will get me something half as nice for my big day! I have a long time to wait though...

~ Jedi ~

Kyanite said...

Happy belated Gotcha Day!
And, what a cake... looks yummy!

Con grats on award & the quirks made me smile.

Have a great w/e!
Pats & pets
Blue

Charlie Daniels said...

That cakes looks very yummy. It's cool at my place today, but not as cold as it has been! :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Mack said...

I think that is the prettiest cake I have ever seen in my life!

Happy Gotcha Day Tess!!

Joe Stains said...

Happy Gotcha Day!! I have never seen a cake that pawesome in my whole entire life. I am going to beg for one just like it for my barkday!!

Agatha and Archie said...

Happy Gotcha day Tess!! WHOA we have NEVER EVER seen a more lovely cake!! PAWSOME!!!!!! And we bet it was wuite yummy( tell B to eat his own cake......they don't share that often with us do they?!) We loved all your quirks......Hope its not too chilly there for you guys!! Love A+A

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pals, a belated Happy Gotcha Day to Tess! It was my gotcha day too on Friday - I've been with the Js for 4 years now!
That cake looked so pawsome! Almost too good to eat! J x

Stanley said...

Hey, Tessie Girl!

Happy Gotcha Day, girlie! You sure picked a winning family when you adopted the LeuraDales. I bet Lucy is especially glad you're there to wreak havoc with her.

That cake is amazingly FABuloso! Did you guys eat it all in one sitting? That Miss Brooke is too cool for school if you ask me!

Goober love & gobs of Gotcha smooches,
Stanley

Princess Patches said...

We know we're a little late, but Happy Gotcha Day, Tess! That's one pawsome looking cake!

To answer your question...no, Ohio isn't the only state with covered bridges, but they have MORE than any other state. In the fall of each year, they have covered bridge tours so everyone can see the bridges and the leaves turning colors all at the same time. Sadly, our mom has never been there at the right time.

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Southbaygirl said...

OMG, that cake looks SO GOOD!!!! Did you get to eat it? Did it taste good? I wish i got one!!!

Velcro

Dexter said...

Oh my, I know so much about you now. First off, that cake was to die for! Did you eat it all at once? Yummers!

Tess, not sure about that whole humping thing. That sounds like a bit more than a quirk. I mean, it makes you look kind of dopey.

Noah, I totally get the stairs thing. I can only come in the door hugging the wall near the doorknob. SO even if the door is wide open, I can't get through if something is on that side.



Slobbers,
Mango

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Wow what a colourful yummy looking cake. Mum has also tried our doggy cakes "just to see what they taste ike"!! Happy Gotcha Day to Tess. Jazz is a bit like Tess with the humping thing and only with Dad!
Lix
J&D

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Sorry I am late! But Happy Belated Gotcha day!!!! Wooohooo a whole entire year!

That cake...mmmmmm I can't keep the drool falling from my face, it won't stop!!! I need cake! CAKE!!!

Hehehehe! Did the human spit out the cake or eat it all?

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Kirby said...

OK, I'm way behind in my blogging, so a huge (and belated) Happy Gotcha Day to Tess! That cake looked delish! I bet you all enjoyed it over an over!! Yummers! That was such a nice gift from Brooke. You were all so lucky to hang out with her!

Your pal,
Kirby

Urban Smoothie Read said...

happy gotcha day, tess...

ur cake looks LOVELY!

i said...

Happy Belated Gotch Day! Oh boy, the cake looked absolutely yummy!

Congrats on your award!

Duke said...

We have more awards for you guys! Check out our blog!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Anonymous said...

Oh pup Those cookies look awesome!!!! And oh so yummy!
Hugs,
Sitka

Guest Book

Followers