Hi everyone,
First of all I'd like to thank you all for the good vibes/zen/paw crossing for Lucy. When Bryan took her to the vet last Saturday, she found a second lump on the back of her leg. They are both the same size and quite big. I was suprised at their size. The vet took 3 biopsies from each lump and found them to be fatty tissue. She also has sent them off to be tested (best to be on the safe side). We will just monitor their size and should they get bigger we may then have them removed but for now if all is well they will remain a part of our lovely girl.
D xx
ps, that is her tag in the photo not one of the lumps
Monday, July 27, 2009
Update on Lucy
Posted by
Noah the Airedale
at
8:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

40 comments:
Oh dear, the last thing a gal wants is a fatty bump on her bottom. But that is really good news that she just has the fat bumps.
Slobbers,
Mango
That is great news!
We needed that on this dreary Monday Morning!!
Whew! This is great news!
And what a beautiful picture of you, Lucy!
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
YAY! Wait, are you allowed to say thank dogness for fatty lumps? Especially to a girl? Maybe I won't say that and instead I'll say, Glad you're ok Lucy!
Bolo
Comme elle est belle ! Heureusement que ce n'est rien de grave.
Bisous, Faya
An adorable thing like Lucy doesn't deserve any sort of lumps. Thank Dog it's all under control for now...
Love,
Inky and Molly
We're so glad they are just "fatty lumps"!!! No girl wants to be associated with fatty anything -- but in this case, it's a good thing!!
Wirey woofs!!
Jake and Just Harry
We are sooooo glad they are just fatty tissue! I, Poppy have a lipoma on my chest. Mom wants it off, but it doesn't bother me so we are waiting till she gets a job! We just loooove that picture of you, Lucy!
Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches
That is great news! Lucy look so beautiful in that picture! I had never found an airedale in the dog park. I would be so happy if I meet one. lots of love, Thor
lovely lucy....phew!!! you had us on pins and needles there for a while.. so happy to hear all is well.. hey what's a wee bit of pfat? the gurleez said don't ever say that to a gurl....exactly what does that mean?? harumph...
anyhow glad you now know...tell the pinkies it's time for that nice juicy steak!!!
theBUSTER Ms. Persephone & Ms. Blue
We were furry happy to read the news on FB over the weekend!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Oh, we have not been blogging much and we are just hearing about Lucy! We will cross paws and purr so hard for her. We hope everything turns out ok with the tests.
--JB, Chester and mom too
That is a very nice photo of Lucy. We are glad to hear the initial report. Mom really wants to hear the results of the biopsy. She worries about the two "fatty" lumps on Phantom that were not biopsied.
Have a great week.
woos, the OP Pack
Great news to hear on a Monday! We will still keep our paws crossed and send purr-rayers :)
Benson, Gibson, Theodore and Sasha
w00fs, me happy the results was good..hope all will b fine..
b safe,
~rocky~
Oh that's great news, although our female human agrees that no girl wants a fatty anything it's certainly the best news in this case, he he he! BEAUTIFUL picutre of Lucy there - we're quite smitten! Schnauzerly snuggles - JD and Max.
Hi, Noah...
Yay!!!
I'm sooo glad the reports were good...
Abby xxxooo
Well fat is a GOOD thing!!
Whew! Lumps are scary! In this case, fatty lumps are a GOOD thing! And we're glad!!!! We'll keep our paws crossed that all stays well, Lucy. You are such a pretty girl.
Love,
Miss Fergi and Jake
Glad to know those are fatty lumps!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
So glad to hear that! Keeping paws crossed for the test result.
You must be so relieved! Lucy is quite a stunner.
We are really relieved over here that they are just fatty lumps - at least she can carry them off being such a nice slim girl! You have to store fat somewhere for the winter!
Alf n Mindy x
sorry I am late commenting, actually supposed to be on a blog break, but saw your post about the lumps and was worried.
Glad all is ok, and hope the biopsy results will prove good too.
Marvin has had several of these scares, and each time it has been fatty lumps.
Get well Soon Lucy, and get back to your Licking Ways!
lotsaluv, Jeannie xxxx oh and Marvin xxxxxxx
Tuffy had a fat lump on his chest too once ... it went away after some time ...
We hope the biopsy of lucy's lumps will give you all a peace of mind.
Licks and wags
Tuffy and the Dog Woods Pack
I'm glad to hear the good news about Lucy. What a pretty girl she is!
I'm so relieved to hear that Lucy is okay. My best pal Tagpi was just taken to the vet for the same thing and got the same results. That's a lovely picture of Lucy.
Phew! Thank goodness it's just fatty lumps! She looks lovely in this pic. We usually just see her racing about :)
Headrubs
Finni xx
Phew, wagging it's nothing worrying. But poor lucy and D + B, must of been a worry. Was it that Cell U Light that girlies get - Mom is always complaining about hers!!
Wiry wags n kisses Eric xxx
We are delighted that the VET has advised they are just fatty lumps. Twelve paws crossed here the results are OK.
Molly, Taffy and Monty
My first Airedale had the same thing happen to her. Sometimes lumps and bumps are just part of life!
Sherry, Alanis & MIro
Glad to hear that those are just fatty lumps (Psst Lucy, that does NOT mean that you are fat ok!!)..
Foley has fat lumps also. They don't seem to get any bigger though. Our healing vibes go out to Lucy.
so you're a lumpy bumpy girl that's all Lucy! (yes, & a cutie too) whew...
good news!
tula
We've been pwaying that the lumps would be just that fatty tissue
I hope the tests cotino to pwove they awe!
Lucy looks gowgeous in that pawtwait
smoochie kisses
ASTA
AWWW, Luce-Goose! I wish I was home to hug you....fatty lumps just give me more of you to luv. I didn't know about it but know that you will receive the best of care and the best of love and hugs from Noah and the girls. Stay strong, sweetie...love from Colin Harriesxx
I am so glad that Lucy is doing well! I bet that was soooooo scary!!
Love,
janie
Weird... I just found out that Keeley has a growth on one of his hind legs near his foot. We're going to have it removed in a couple of weeks because it's in a tricky spot.
Glad to hear Lucy is ok. I'm sure everyone is very relieved. We Love Lucy, fatty little bumpies and all!
xox
Chef
Hi- We just found your blog. We send our very best to Lucy. Our Morgan just had two fatty cysts checked on and we're doing the same- just watching.
Post a Comment