Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Disaster averted & Lacie's visit

G'day maties,
Notice how handsome I look in the photo below. This photo was taken this morning, BEFORE I went to the groomer. Now don't be shocked. The next photo is the end result of my grooming session. I'M A FREAK


My groomer is only new and this is the first time he trimmed us without the help of our old groomer. Why oh why did she leave...................
When D saw how I looked she took immediate action. She got the clippers out and fixed the toilet brush that is my face. It still isn't perfect but D says my hair will grow back and next time they will give the groomer stricked instructions plus a diagram!!! You think I look bad, you should have seen Lucy. She looked the same when she came out as when she went in......see the video below for proof. Strewth....D had to clip Lucy herself when we got home.
At least he got Tess & Willow right.






During the week a very special visitor arrived.

You're not going to believe it but Lacie dropped in from Africa.

Lacie: Ahhhh that's so comfy Noah. You're so handsome. Shame the groomer totally stuffed up your face.

Noah: LACIE.....D fixed it, can't you tell?


Lacie: Oh yeah, sure Noah (Lacie kisses Noah's toilet brush face). D did a
wonderful job.

Lacie: Let me make you a smoothie Noah, it'll make ya feel better


Lacie: Gosh the view is awesome from up here. Now come on Noah, it's not that bad



Hi everyone it's me D. Ok so it's not the real Lacie, it's a Lacie look-a-like. This wonderful stuffie arrived during the week. A very special thank you goes to Lacie's mum 'Mumsie' for sending me this amazing gift. It's a Steiff Lakeland called Terry but we are calling it Lacie2. It's quiet old for a stuffie, circa 1950. I have to keep it safe, away from the likes of Lucy & Tess who have the ability to end it's life in minutes. Thanks Marilyn, I love it!!!!!!!!

Denise & Noah xx

33 comments:

Dexter said...

Holy crap! Isn't a proper terrier cut required to graduate grooming school? Good thing D was there to tidy things up. You look a fright.

That little Lacie2 seems a bit more manageable than the real thing.

Slobbers,
Mango

The Black and Tans. said...

Oh my goodness Noah what did that groomer do to you? You poor chap. Perhaps he held the clippers the wrong way round!

Have to say you are looking as handsome as ever now.

Little Lacie looks very pretty, what a wonderful gift.

Molly, Taffy and Monty

Hollie and Janie said...

Noah,
Bless your poor 'dale heart! I, too, have had a very, very bad airecut, so I know exactly how you feel! I was shorn down to the skin! Mama was beyond distraught! D did a very good job shaping you up! You are still so handsome!! I bet Lacie's visit cheered you up, too! That girl is a mess! :)
Love,
janie

Terra said...

Oh dear!! That groomer needs a lesson or two, I think!! Hope your fluff grows back soon!

~ Jedi ~

Tosca the Lakeland Terrier said...

Grr! Why do groomers have a hard time with us terriers? It'll be better next time... or get your money back and buy treats ;)

I hope that doesn't happen to me when I go to the groomer's next week!

Karen Raye and Bentley Beargrass said...

We've had that look around here a few times. It's called a bad h'aire day!

Mack said...

Ha! You think your new haircut is bad, you should see Paris'. She's totally nekkid!

And I hope Lacie didn't walk all over you. BOL!

Duke said...

Thank goodness for D! Doesn't this groomer know that you have a blog and always need to be looking your very best, Noah?!
Lacie2 is just too cute! What a nice gift!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS said...

You coud of fooled us! We thought that it was your new baby brutha. He looks just like you!

Take good care of him now and don't squeeeze the stuffin out of him!

Luv,
Riley and Star.

Moco said...

If you think you look odd you should have seen the haircut the Big Red Guy got that had to be fixed. You fluffy face looked 1000% better than his head.
Watch out for Lacie's teeth.

Unknown said...

A small, silent, stuffed Lacie is the best kind!

You're still a big handsome brute!

Your pal,

Petey

Thoughts said...

You all still look precious to us, bad haircut or not. Ironically enough, we had a similar experience with Benson last month, this groomer did a total HACK JOB on him, the poor dog, he looks naked, even his tail got shaved...

Jaime

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

The more I read these kinds of posts, the happier I am to be ME!

Now THAT is a Lacie I khould handle!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: That is furry khool of Mumsie!

The Schnauzer Brothers said...

Hi - thank goodness D was around! We know she's tried being your groomer before but stopped because it took a lot of time, but we think you should re-employ her again as she obviously knows what she's doing more than the so-called professionals.

Hey - we love Lacie2! We loved the chat she had with you Noah, soooo cute! Great photos as usual!! :)

Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

Deefor said...

I think you looked fine before you went to the groomer! Very handsome and furry. I keep telling my mom it's a waste of money that could be used for treats.

Ruby said...

I'm not sure what groomers are thinking when they do the 'toilet brush' style - you see it a lot and it's not nice! Good thing D was able to fix things up.

Love the stuffie. Kay is crazy about Steiff toys and has a bunch that she hides from me - they are very old and valuable and she's worried I might shred them. Lacie2 is in excellent condition - very nice.

cheers,
Ruby

TwoSpecialWires said...

Sorry. We're just a little preoccupied as we leave this comment. You brought up sore recent memories. (Like five minutes ago.) A boy dog not to be named chewed up a feltie stuffie that Moma has been working on for months! It WAS a Yorkie stuffie for Moma's moma. And there have been some HBO words shared with it (it's lots harder for Moma to make that a square dog) ANYHOW, sorry for the self-centeredness of this comment...but that vintage Lacie just brought it all on. PUT YOURS UP HIGH (says Jake!)

Love,
the one in the doghouse and Fergi xxoo

Inky and Molly said...

Oh Noah, no matter what they do to you, we still love you!!
Now that D fixed you up, things really don't look so bad anymore.
The toilet brush thing happened to our friend Riley, too. Our pinkie had to fix him up as soon as he walked through our door.
You know, next time you guys need an Airecut, you should just call on our pinkie. She said, if you'd put her up for the weekend and give her lots of wet beard kisses, she'd fly up...

Astrid Keel said...

Noah, I know the cut is not up to your standards, but you still look handsome to me! When I saw Lacie, I thought I had finally figured out how she and everyone else plus their luggage fit into one car.... i though she had been midgetized!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We sure hope your Mom complained about this - it sure makes us glad that the only trimming our Mom allows on us is the fur between our pads. But you are all still beautiful to us.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Lorenza said...

Hi, Noah!
I guess you were telling that groomer what you think in that video!
Lacie 2 is beautiful!
I know you are going to take good care of her!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Joe Stains said...

Oh silly groomer!! Believe me that real lacie would bust your eardrums! LOL

parlance said...

Well, you had me going there for a while! Africa, I'm thinking, don't they have to go through quarantine? Wow, that's a strange perspective, and doesn't Lacie look small?

Okay, I must be the most naive reader of this blog!

Charlie Daniels said...

Is that really you Noah! ;-)

Cheers

Charlie

Faya said...

oups.......oui mais je t'aime toujours autant...
Bisous, Faya

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Dear Noah, What in the world do they teach groomers about Airedales in groomer school?? We are so glad your D fixed you back up. Our mommy is afraid to take clippers to us, so we are at a groomers mercy! Up here in Idaho Jody is the best. Phoenix we still haven't found a good one.:>(

That Lacie2 is great!! Looks real too!

Smooches, BabyRD & Hootie

Nelly said...

Oooops. Your Mummy made a really good job of rectifying things though. That is a nice stuffie ... and so helpful. LIKE!
Nibbles
Nelly xx

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my Noah...(Lacie spins and giggles....)...I love this new kinda walkin' on the Noah massage, don't you? Good thing we had backrub intruction in nursing school....

As for a bad airecut...who? You guys look as handsome and as bootiful as ever...(is love blind???)

Here, Noah...I have some warm shavin' cream I'm gonna work in a lather and I'LL work on that beard for a minute....just hold still!!!!

Love and kisses,

Lacie...

so glad ya like Lacie2...

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

NOAH...do not, we repeat, do not let Lacie hold a straight razor ANYWEAR NEAR YOUR CAROTID ARTERY...she's drunk so much diet coke, she's jittery....

Barkies and just lookin' out for ya....

Scruffy and Stan

i said...

Thank goodness for D to the rescue! Oh wow, a circa 1950 Lacie? How precious!

Jeannie and Marvin said...

arrrrgh! We left a comment and it hasn't come up on the comments, here we go again, sorry if it comes up twice! Blogger playing up methinks!

"Nothing wrong with a toilet brush face, as long as they don't try to use it"

My J was disappointed Lucy didn't lick the screen of the camera, she is sooooooooo missing Lucy's licks!

lotsaluv, Marvin and Jeannie xxxx
from warm and sunny Scotland in September!

BarneyandStormsDaleTails said...

Noah, you poor boy. At least D managed to fix it for you.
Lacie2 is lovely, our mum has the larger version, which is kept well out our way :(.

Woofs & Wags,

Barney & Storm

Chef said...

Were all of you telling off the groomer? I think that groomer ought to change jobs. Don't worry, Noah. You're so handsome it doesn't matter. Lacy2 is old!

xox
Chef

Guest Book

Followers