Saturday, November 17, 2007

Home at last

After a week down at Beechworth we're finally back home. We had the best time away. There were so many highlights.

Firstly we all got to meet our friend Ellie. After years of emailing and posting we finally got to lay eyes on one another. She is such a great gal. Hopefully we'll all get to meet up again soon.

Here is a pic of Ellie in the background with Lucy.


Secondly we got to go swimming at the damn. We hardly ever get to swim so it was a real treat.

Lucy got the hang of it really quickly. She can swim in really deep water and even bring back small logs in her mouth. Tess is a good swimmer too but Willow was a bit nervous so she didn't go in very deep at all.

Here is a pic of Lucy fetching a stick while the rest of us look on.

It was a really hot week and as we live in the Mountains we're not really used to the heat so it was really good to be able to wade in the cool water.

This is a pic of me cooling down.

Our pinkies don't really like to have us off lead as we have this habit of running off. On our second trip out to the damn Lucy and I decided it would be good to go exploring in the bush. So when D & B were watching Tess and Willow, we slipped away. We could hear them calling and calling but the temptation of a new adventure was just too exciting so we kept going. Soon we split up and explored the area separatley. I found a bog to check out. It was the best, muddy and stinky. I could hear the car coming down the dirt track and after a while it turned and went back. I suspect it was B who had found Lucy wandering back up the track. I stayed hidden for a while longer. Then when I was good and ready I headed back up the dirt track. That's when I came across B in the car. He took one look at me covered in mud and threw me in the back.
Needless to say that was our last trip to the damn. We just can't be trusted off leash.
Beechworth is a great place of us doggies to holiday. We found a great cottage which is totally pet friendly with the biggest backyard ever. Infact we could run right around the house and bark at anyone who walked by which we did frequently.
Here is a pic of D and I standing out the front of our holiday cottage.

Well finally the last highlight of our holiday was the fact that it was my birthday last Thursday. I turned 7. We didn't have a pawty but I did get a special present. Since I'm not really into toys D & B thought I would like a nice pillow. It has a dog on it and it's tail also acts as a handle so I can carry it around with me wherever I go.
Here is a pic of me with my new pillow.

Beechworth is an old gold mining town in Victoria. There are many old buildings to explore. We thought you'd like to see some sights around the town.
There used to be a railway that went through Beechworth but it was too expensive to run as it is very hilly area and surrounded by granite hills so they diverted the track to bypass the town. The rail line is now converted to a cycle track which runs for many kilometres.
Here is a pic of us posing at an old freight shed.

This is the post office



This is the facade of the old hospital


Lastly here are two airedales that we met that live in Beechworth.


So there you have it, our holiday may be over but we've taken so many pics that we have a great memory.
Hugs and tail wags
Noah

27 comments:

Lorenza said...

Happy Birthday Noah! Sure it was nice to celebrate your birthday there! I like your pillow!
Thanks for sharing all those pictures. Looks like a great place!
Glad you all got back at home safely!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Noah - your pillow looks great!

We loved your pictures swimming at the dam and that cottage looks awesome!

River

Kirby said...

Noah,

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a wonderful day. The whole trip seemed really cool to me. I love your pillow, and it has its own handle. Now that is something I could really sink my teeth into. Your holiday cottage and all of Beechworth are super neat! Hopefully my mom will be inspired by your holiday and take me with them next time they go on vacation. Welcome home, we've missed you and most importantly...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Your pal,
Kirby

Harry said...

What a fab tme you had! Shame you have had your off lead priveledges revoked though!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

Alf said...

Welcome home Noah and Girls!

Your pics are great - such a lovely pretty place with plenty of sunshine..........Love the swimming pics - you are sooo brave! I can't believe you ran away - well I can actually! At least you came back.

Alf n Mindy xx

Faya said...

Happy Birthday Noah ! You were on a beautiful place. Your new pillow looks great...
Kisses, Faya

Amber-Mae said...

Welcome home Noah & the rest of you! Happee Barkday to you Noah! Wah, you four sure had the bestest time of your lives! I love swimming too & that damn looks nice & cool...Wish I was there joining you guys. That cottage is cute.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

the Corgi Girls said...

Woah, what a great trip! We love all the pictures, you got to do so many cool things with your pawrents!

Come by our blog when you have time, we have an award for you!

Kissies Dale friends!
;o)
M & I

Duke said...

Happy birthday, Noah! Beechworth is sure a lovely spot!
We love your swimming pictures! Glad you're back! We missed you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

parlance said...

Happy Birthday, Noah. It sounds as if you had a great trip. Beechworth sounds as if it worth a visit.

Mojo, Digger and family said...

Great to see you back! Looks like you had a bonza time! I'm totally with you on the disappearing into the bush trick - we're independent-minded dogs so it's only natural for us to go off and do our own thing. Personally, I find it hilarious that no matter how cross the humans are when they find us, they can't be angry in case we never return next time. So it's sort of a double insult! Ha!

Your cottage in Beechworth looks fabulous. And you look so lovely cuddling your birthday pillow. Happy Belated Birthday, Noah, and love to all your sissies too.

xxx
Mojo

Neko said...

Happy Birthday Noah. It looks like you had a really great trip.Love,Neko

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Finni said...

What a great place Beechworth is! And there is a bog not far from it. I particularly like the water pictures. Lucy is such a brave girl!
Happy belated birthday, Noah.
Finni x

Asta said...

Noah I hope you had the happiest Birfday evew!!!I love youw pillow..it looks extwa snuggly.
That twip to Beechwowth looked so vewy nice..such bootiful places and so many fwiends to meet, but isn't it funny, how it's so wondewful to get back home, no matter how nice a holiday is!
Smoochie kisses to all fouw of you bootiful dales
Asta

The Thuglets said...

Noah belated birthday wishes Matie!

Looks like you had a great time. Great pictures that Beechworth place looks something else.

regards
the thugletsx

Lacy said...

woofies Noah and girls!!! Noah come to my bloggy ur barkday card iz up...me waited till me new u wuz home...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Anonymous said...

Hey Noah I also have an award for you but looks like the Corgis may have beaten me to it!!

River

Thor and Jack said...

Happy Barkday, Noah! Great pictures! Beechworth is a beautiful place and you have lots of fun there! I adored you all swimming.

Love and licks
Thor

Asta said...

Noah,hehehehBob is not a doggie, he is a sittle 6"beaw,but he has a lot to say and a big heawt, so i like being his fwiend!
Love comes in all sizes and shapes! some awe gowgeous and big and fabulous like you, and ,well some awe just little beaws
smoochie kisses
Asta

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow...what a fun trip! But you should never go off like that. It would be terrible if you got lost. Happy belated barkday...it really does sound like you had TONS of fun!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Urban Smoothie Read said...

happy belated birthday noah...

glad that ur back now..

u had a very fabolous trip to meet ur airedales frens...

Mojo, Digger and family said...

Me again.

I have an award for you... pop over my blog to see

xxx
Mojo

Lenny said...

Looks like you had a great time - thanks for sharing! Your pillow is so cute. Happy birthday!

Your friend, Lenny

Stanley said...

Hey, Noah & the sissies!

Welcome back, and happy birthday N-Man! (Why did you wait until after your birthday to tell us?)

You don't look a day over 2!

Looks like a fab holiday, even with the off-leash priveleges being revoked!

Goober love,
Stanley

Stanley said...

Pee Ess,

Love your snuggly pillow. Just the thing to cuddle up on with Miss Ellie next time you see her. (*wink*)

Goob love,
Stanley

erin said...

Happy belated birthday, Noah! (My girl has been slacking on her blog reading.) I love the picture of you and your sisters in front of that old shed.
Woof,
Keeley

Guest Book

Followers