It's been a very wet week here in the mountains. After the great weather we had while we were on holidays we've come back to more rain and mist.

Last weekend B thought it would be a good idea to chop down a tree in our backyard which had been hit by lightning about 6 months ago. It was well and truely dead so I kindly held the ladder as B made his way up all the way to the top of the tree. As it was too dangerous for me to help out I took some happy snaps instead.
Here is the dead tree.

Here is Bryan chopping it down
There was a storm that day and D made sure that B wasn't up the tree during it. Thank dogness he listened to her. Some pinkies can be a little stubborn!!! He said don't worry lightning never strikes in the same place twice...............sigh.
We've had a series of storms nearly every day this week. Then on Wednesday night we had a doozy and at about 7pm that night we had a blackout. Lucky for us it only lasted about 45 mins so D took some photos of us sitting around in the dark.
Bryan and Lucy sharing the lounge
Tess making herself comfy on D's chair
Lucy keen to check out the candle
We sure hope this rain goes where it's needed.Hugs and tail wags,
Noah

22 comments:
Good thing you were there to help with the tree!! Sounds like iccky weather and we know what that is like!!! You'll have to find things to do inside!(teehee) not hard for us terriers!! Love A+A
Brave soul--that's one tall tree! Musta been exciting when that lightning hit.
The couch pix are the best!
Cheers,
Sephie & Buster
WOW - that's some serious work getting down that tree!!! As much as I always want to help with those sort of things, I'm starting to appreciate that sitting on the couch is also an acceptable way to assist..
Love,
Bogart
Hi, friends.
Poor tree! Sure it was the best to get it down!
I hope that rain goes away soon! I know is not fun for us to have rainy days!
Have a great weekend
Lorenza
The weather there must be terrible! Good thing he cut down the tree coz it would be dangerous if the lighting strikes it.
Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer
Hey, Noah Boy!
Your Bryan sure is handy to have around. Good thing D let you borrow the camera to take the snaps. Looked kind of dangerous. Good thing you were there to supervise.
I love the photos in the dark with B all sprawled on the couch. Be sure Lucy stays away from those candles, man. They're nothing but trouble.
Goober love,
Stanley
Pee Ess
Hope you get some sunshine soon!
Wow! That's a big tree and it looks like quite the dangerous job! Thank goodness they had you to supervise the whole situation!
I agree with Stanley - time for some sunshine!
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
Wow what a massive tree - very impressive cutting it down yourselves!
River
Hey Noah, you're lucky that your humans are handy. J1 & J2 are both useless. Hope the rain stops soon, it's no fun is it. J x
Wow, that tree sure was high. Lucky you were there to help out, Noah.
Blackouts can be fun, all gathered around by candlelight, and I'll bet the rain was needed somewhere.
Noah, your humans sure are lucky to have so many dogs to protect them during storms. I always go on High Alert when there's a thunderstorm. I hate thunder!
Woof,
Keeley
oh the tree pics are quite scary!
I hope your weather gets better very soon! We have not had much rain at all, perhaps you are getting it all for a change!!
love and licks, and Happy Weekend, Marvin xxxx
love B hat very fetching, looks like he knew what he was doing up that tree. Well now its chopped down you can use it for firewood.
Do you have a open fire ?
Its looked really cosy without the lights and very romantic with those huge candles.
your pal Ludo
Pretty impressive job, chopping that tree down. Props to B!
I'm with you on the topic of rain. Life is so dull when it is wet. So far I haven't had to cope with big thunder, but as I peed myself at the fireworks I'm not too confident.
Tess, girl, you look like the Queen of Sheba sitting in that chair! Grabbing the best seat is a sign of great intelligence.
hope the rain dries up soon and summer comes properly.
xxx
Mojo
Gosh, Brian is brave climbing up that tree. Did he chase any squirrels down? Do you even have them?
Toodle pip,
Harry x
WEll done Noah for taking all the photos and helping B chop that huge tree down. They certainly keep you busy don't they.
Molly and Taffy.
PS. Taffy says you certainly need all your toes to balance up that tree! LOL
..... I am happy that you are safe ! Kisses, Faya
Thanks so much for the thoughts & prayers. All the boys are doing well in their new homes & my Mona is still with me. I a much better & have gone back to work.
God Bless.......the Mommy
Woh that's a really tall tree to be climbing. We had heavy rain just now too.
Stay indoor and keep warm doggies
~ Girl girl
WOW! Noah!
What a tree!
Your Friend,
Putter ...:)
OMD poor tree! We had a very wet week, too. Hope you'll have nice weather!
Thank you for your welcome message to my little brudder! :)
Momo xoxo
We're getting lots of rain and storms too, and lots of hot humidity, so we're also spending a lot of time inside. Beau and I were born at Rylestone in NSW. Is this near you ?
Love from Hammer
Post a Comment