Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A trip to the vet

The pinkies said we'd just make a quick stop at the vet to pick up some herbal medication for me. They didn't mention anything about having a check up and a shot.......sigh.

Stephen the vet took my temperature which was rather unpleasant let me tell you!! Then he checked out my joint rotation. Sometimes I get sore in my back hips so Stephen suggested I have a 4 week trial of Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium (PPS) and combined this with my glucosomine. D is always watching me to see if I'm sore or stiff.....Hope this helps, I get kinda sick and tired of being watched all the time.

Some of our friends have been asking about Lucy's leg. Well we thought it was better but she's gone lame on us again. So she has to continue to have lots of rest. It aint easy keeping her still....
Tomorrow the pinkies are going away just for one night. We're going to be checking out a new kennel not far from where they are staying. They're going to be eating at some nice restaurants and I've put in my order. I hope they remember to bring something back for us.

We'll be back on Thursday night. In the meantime you can watch these videos of Willow & Tess. Tess can be a big bully sometimes. She's decided to pick on poor little Willow but Willow just wants to play.





Hugs and tail wags


Noah xx

35 comments:

i said...

A shot? Poor you...Hope you are keeping well. Hope Lucy will be all better too.

Poor Willow, she sure looked like she just wanted some fun there. So Tess should chill out a bit hehe...

Have fun at the kennel now! Hope they don't forget your orders!

BrandytheGreat said...

i HATE GOING TO THE VET!
Lucy looks really bored there, with nothing else to do!
Willow and Tess are cute when they play like that!

Anonymous said...

Hey I am going away to a Hotel too! I KNOW something has been plotted because THEY have been looking at the maps!From what I can understand they will be back on Monday which means i will be there for 5 nights. Will try and get a picture of it for you! It is in Scarborough...awesome! Food is fantastic!

Hmmm the videos...my sister is a bully too!

Duke said...

YUK! We don't like the vet any more than you do, Noah!
What a bummer about Lucy's leg! We hope she gets well soon!
We loved that video of your dad playing with the girls! We play the very same way!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Snowball said...

Noah, The vet here dun take our tempreture but jie jie do that when she feel that I look unwell. I think my jie jie is worse than my vet. Dun you think so?

Actually, out of the 4 of you,I can only recognise you because of your unique dark ears. I can't tell who is Tess adn which is Willow but both seem to be having fun.

Luv
Snowball

Putter said...

Hi Noah! Hi Willow! Hi Tess! Hi Lucy!

Thanks for your note ... We are okay ... Just a bit crazy with the AIREVAN coming to steal all my stuff is all ... It took some time to find where that thing had gone!

I hear you about the VET! I hate it too! I had to go meet MY new doctor near MY new house and I got a BIG needle too! OMG! What are they thinking! And the temperature thing! Let me tell you ... NEVER AGAIN!

Love,

Putter ...:)

Alf said...

Hey Noah - I HATE the vets - unlike Simple Mindy - who wets herself with excitement when she goes! (tut girls!).

Hope you get sorted with the joints - I think I need some joint pills - this sister of mine is wearing mine out!

Alf

Mack said...

That long hallway looks perfect for chases and ball throwing! We have one too, but there is a gate so we can't get too it dang it!

Willow is a playaholic just like me! Sometimes I get in trouble for playing too rough with Lilly.

I sure hope Lucy's leg gets better soon - I am sending her some Macky healing vibes!

Charlie Daniels said...

I seem to be doing this a lot lately, so I am sending some of my special red heelering energy down your way too.

I hope you like the new kennels, and your Pinkies like theirs too! ;-)

Really enjoyed watching the videos.

Cheers

Charlie

P.S. I am still loving the new header pic :-)

Wuffstuff said...

Yo, Airedales. Vets, yuk. They make me poor they want so much money. But they do look after Roxy and Izzy.

Hi from www.wuffstuff.com, the social network for dog owners and dog lovers.

We're looking for members with quality dogs and 'tails' to tell to add stuff to our dog lovers site.



Hope you have time to have a look at us.


Cheers
Steve
www.wuffstuff.com

Ferndoggle said...

Oh my...a shot AND the stick up the butt??? That sucks! Sorry to hear about your torture...

Sherman

Gaia the Airedale said...

Aw man I hate shots...and butt check ups! Totally invasive to that part of me!! But have fun at the kennel!

puppy breath,
-Gaia

Faya said...

Salut les Australiens !
You should see Véronique watching those videos....and saying : looooook it is my Tess and her white paws...looooook....
This woman needs vacations...poor woman...
I hope your humans will bring you something....
Kisses, Faya

Deetz said...

Thats hillarious, a sloppy joe there is a sweater.....
A sloppy joe here is like a hamburger only better......lol
See you when you get back....My legs still bother me too, I hope you get to feeling better with your legs and stuff....
Deetz

Asta said...

Noah
I'm so sowwy you had to get pocked at the VET...I hope youw medcin wowks to make you mowe comfowtable, and that Lucy can hold still long enough to get well...Iloved the videos of Tess and Willow..what cuties they awe..and youw big bootiful house is so pawfect to play in..have a nice westcome back soon
smoochie kisses
ASTA

kelly barton art + design said...

heya noah...i think i forgot to put you on my blog list. i will do that right now. have fun at the kennel. i have never stayed at a kennel but i have had a couple of "pinkies" stay over for a weekend to sit me and the house.

what is a doona?

..woof..
delilahblue

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You have so much fun playing. You are quite the instigator. That is Louie's job in our house...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Joe Stains said...

You guys have a lot of fun when you play, I don't know how to play so well. Have fun and I hope you get LOTS of take out from the nice restaurants.

Lorenza said...

Hi, friends!
I always love to watch your videos because you really know how to have fun!
sorry you had to go to the vet. those check ups are not funny!
Make sure Lucy rests a lot!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Moco said...

That pinkie is as much of a playing fool as you guys are. What a grand time you are all having.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh dear. I hope that shot wasn't ouchie. I'm sure your pinkies will bring back something for all you doggies. :)

~ Girl girl

Southbaygirl said...

Hi Noah-wow your mom and dad are going away for the nite and not taking all of you?? What are they thinking?!! They had better bring back yummy food!!

Sorry you had to go to the vet-I don't like the vet either!! They are always poking and prodding~!!

Velcro

Urban Smoothie Read said...

i hope lacy leggy will be alright soon so that she can enjoy running again...

Wuffstuff said...

I'm not sure how to contact you other than this way. The age thing on the site is now sorted and I look forward to a chat.

Cheers

Steve

www.wuffstuff.com

Asta Marie said...

Noah...sorry to hear about your vet visit and shot....I hope that your hip is feeling better...sounds like you got a new course of medicine to help with that......so you got to go to a new kennel...I know you will tell us all about it when you get back home.Have a great time!

Asta Marie, WFT

Kirby said...

Noah, you've got to find a vet like mine. I'm in LOVE with her. I don't mind going at all, even if they give me a shot. Now, if I have to see a different vet, well, that's a different story. I hope that your new meds will keep you free from any soreness. Hopefully, you'll keep Lucy relaxed and resting. With Tess and Willow around, I'm not sure any one can rest. He he!!

Your pal,
Kirby

Bogart H. Devil said...

Aw Willow, I'm sending you big Aire Kisses to that leg of yours...

While I'm not a big fan of the shot, the temperature-taking is probably my least favorite thing IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. Mom says that the sounds that come out of me are primal...

Hope you're all doing ok!!!!!

Love,
Bogart

Thor and Jack said...

I hope Lucy's leg gets better soon!
I love to watch your videos! You have so much fun playing together!

woofs
Thor

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Noah, Tess, Willow and Lucy -

We hope your hip is better, Noah and that Lucy's leg is getting better too.

Kaci and I play like Willow and Tess. Kaci is usually the bully, though.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Miss Ellie and Baz said...

Hope the new drugs are doing the trick Noah.
Willow baby we don't think you are a horror head, B is naughty calling you that!
Tessy looks like she was having a great time playing with her daddy.

Miss Ellie, Baz and the pinkies xxxx

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

Sorry about the shot & the temperature thing...Not fun...

My Vet just sent me a postcard telling me to remind my Mom that I'm due for a "Check Up", too...

I haven't reminded her yet...

Abby xxxooo

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

My uncle gets sore hips too. It's a part of being a Welsh Terrier and an Airedale. Our only flaw would be our hips. Stupid hips. Anyway, my Uncle takes the same meds you take! I hope they work.

And the next time that the humans get a little to close keeping an eye on you, you give them a nip on the nose! Hehehe

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Noah, will you let me know if the PPS works?
Sorry to hear about Lucy's leg.
I liked watching the video's, especially the second one. J1 wondered how many times a day do you have to straighten out that runner rug? Hehehe! J x

Dexter said...

I need more clues on how to tell the girls apart. I think I saw one of them humping the pinkie! Oh my!

Slobbers,
Mango

erin said...

Yeah, I hate when they have to take my temperature! I feel for you, Noah.
Now what's wrong with Lucy's leg? Maybe she's just got a goofy lame leg like me. Sometimes I don't feel like using it and so I just go 3 legged.
I loved the videos of Tess & Willow. I would so love to play with Willow! I wish you dales didn't live so far away!
Woof,
Keeley

Guest Book

Followers