Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Food Glorious Food #2

Hi everyone,
I'm just taking over Noah's blog for another food post. While we were in Japan Bryan and I bought what we call a Japanese bbq. Jazz & Dixie, maybe you can ask your dad what this is called. It can be used inside and we tried it on Sunday night.

First I marinated some bream fillets and raw prawns. We placed hot coals in the bowl which sits over a dish of water. Then we sat the grill over the top and cooked our fish & prawns. It was great and a very healthy way to eat.



We did notice the aroma of bbq in the room after we finished eating but we can live with that. The good thing about it is it doesn't leave the room smokey but we did turn the smoke alarm off just in case. In keeping with the food theme of this post here is a video of the boy enjoying his frozen Hoki fillet.

I hope everyone is having a good week. Only 2 more sleeps until Friday yay.

D xx

31 comments:

Bae Bae said...

Oh.. yummy.. My hooman like to BBQ too..

~ Bae

Stella said...

No No No No NOAH!

It's always good film when you get to see a pup really enjoying his grub! Tell that mama of yours that we like foodie posts, and give her some kissies on her face for that.

Have a great rest of the week!

Goobery love & kissies,
Stella Bean

Chef said...

Yum Noah. Looks way delicious!

And oh yeah, thanks for leaving the Christmas present at my blog. Thing is, I don't wear diamonds and pearls, so I'm giving them to my catsister Beauty if you don't mind.

Chef

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Hmmmm -

Or should I paw YUMMMMM!!!

I might have to get my mom to let me try some frozen fishy!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: The prawns have my mom drooling - I hope the people at work don't think she's too weird!

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

YUM!!! Mom says when she was a pup and they lived on Okinawa(they only visited Japan on the way home to the States) that was called the hibachi.At least that is what she was told.
Back then Okinawa still belonged to the US-Mom is OLD!!!
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Duke said...

OMG, we are drooling! Next week when mom hits the grocery store she just HAS to buy us some frozen fish! It looks so yummy!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Eduardo said...

OOOOOOHHHHH I want some of that! My Mommy's stomach is growling!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Eduardo said...

OOOOOOHHHHH I want some of that! My Mommy's stomach is growling!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Lacy said...

w00f's Pups, dat food looks sooo good to us...me iz hungry toooo..

b safe,
~rocky~

Joe Stains said...

That little grill is so cool! What is bream? It looks delicious whatever it is!

Snowball said...

Japanese BBQ and Hoki Fillet all look really Yummy! Did the Dales get to taste any of the BBQ stuff?

Luv
Snowball

Thor and Jack said...

Noah! Your food looks super delicious!

Love and licks
Thor

Lorenza said...

The food looks yummy but the best is the frozen fish!
That thing you got for bbq sure is great!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Miss Ellie and Baz said...

Hey Noah, my daddy wants to know did you get to sample the Radler too! Nice to see B sticking to his local beer!

Miss Ellie

Amber-Mae said...

I like Japanese food! Do you guys always eat frozen fishy? I'd like mine cooked.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Simba and Jazzi said...

That BBQ looks really good.
Simba x

Moco said...

Noah is having the bestest time with that Hoki. Life is grand.
Anything BBQ is to be enjoyed.

The Black and Tans. said...

Nice food Noah. We think you have most of the DWB community sitting with rumbly tummies now!

Tess, sorry we did not wish you Happy Birthday on the right day, but.......Happy Birthday. As for B calling you an old boiler..........

Want me to come over and sort him out? I know his weak foot!!!! lol lol

Taffy xx

Alf said...

Wow - an indoor BBQ we could do with one of those over here in the UK!!! for the summer!

Nice to see Noah enjoying his snack!

Alf n Mindy x

Mack said...

We've never heard of bream, but it looks deelish!

Homer said...

Hi Noah, Tess (Happy Belated Birthday to you) and Lacy,

I just wanted to say thank you for your Christmas card, it arrived today!

Love,
Homer

i said...

That's really yummy! We love bbq too! Have a good weekend now!

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

That is a great food post! It made me and Mom drool looking at all the yummy food...*licks lips* Thanks for sharing the photos!

I also want to wish Tess a very Happy Belated Birthday! I love that photo of you and D...hope you had a great time, Tess!

Scottie

P/S: I got your card! It's GORGEOUS!! Love it so much!

L said...

The BBQ looks delicious. We are drooling!

Thanks for the great card. All of you look so festive in the picture.

Have a great weekend.
Comet and BLU

Islay said...

Yum - I'm drooling. We're having a sparse Christmas, so I'll come back here to drool on Christmas day!

licks & puppy love,
-Charlie

parlance said...

A foodie post for humans and for dogs!

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

HI Noah,
Happy Belated Birthday to your sister Tess. Dad said that little BBQ is called hibachi which literally translates to "fire box". We love the vid of you enjoying your Hoki fillet. We have never eaten anything like that but you make it look so tasty.
Lix
J&D

Petra said...

Yum! That food looks so good and I can tell you love it, Noah!

Have a great weekend!

Martine said...

Hey Denise, that looks awesome. But how did you switch the smoke alarm off? We take out our battery and it STILL goes off!
Mx

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That looks so cool and tasty. We will be right over to check it out. he he
Have a great weekend..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

The Zoo Crew said...

That looks like a really cool bbq contraption! How did the food taste?

Guest Book

Followers