Saturday, December 13, 2008

Living in an Aussie Wonderland by the Leuradales

G'day maties,
You all know the Christmas song "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" by Felix Bernard. Well we kind of fiddled with the words and changed it to "Living in an Aussie Wonderland". So without further ado we present you with our version.

Christmas time in Australia
Can get hot let me tell ya
It's Summer time here
Fill our dog bowls with beer
Living in an Aussie Wonderland

All our mates get the white stuff
But down here Summer's real tough
The footpath gets warm
Cool it down with a storm
Living in an Aussie Wonderland

On Christmas Day we sit around the barbie
We're panting cause it is so stink'n hot
Then they say it's time to go a walkie
Thanks all the same but we would rather not

After lunch we go a snooz'n
And the Peeps they keep on booz'n
We wish you the best
For next year and the rest
To all our maties in their wonderland
To all our maties in their wonderland

Merry Christmas everyone

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy xxxx

50 comments:

Agatha and Archie said...

We loved your song and your picture is FABULOUS!! Love and kisses A+A

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

What a great song!!!! Apparently there are several poets and songwriters in DWB-y'all, Gussie and Marvin....
Mom still doesn't understand how they kept the Santa hats on all of you. Super glue???? hah
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Hero said...

I loved your version of the song! Now I can't get it out of my head. That was a lovely and festive picture of all four of you!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

AbsolutelyWOOtly grrrrreat!

Great song!

Great shot!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Noah!
I like your song!
I'd love to have a Christmas like yours! Hot! Hot! Cold weather makes me want to do nothing!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Rudy said...

Ohhh it must be wonderful down there with that nice warm weather! I could do Christmas in the warm...

Love,
Rudy

Hollie and Janie said...

Noah,
Yall look so awesome in your santa paws hats!! All you need is a reindeer and a sleigh!! You were so clever with the song, too.
Love,
Janie

Alf said...

Wow Noah - you're such a good composer - have you thought about doing it full time?!!

It's horrible here today - pouring with rain and cold, if only we could all enjoy summer in the sun!

Alf n Mindy

The Black and Tans. said...

Great version of the song Noah. Any chance of a live performance from the Aussie Quartet???

Molly and Taffy

Charlie Daniels said...

Cheers Mate ;-)

Charlie

Urban Smoothie Read said...

LoL... ur version is fab!

BrandytheGreat said...

Aww, I can just imagine you guys caroling it away! Thanks for the ecard, we think that picture is just too pretty!

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh MY!!!! Noah...I had NO IDEA you could write!!! We can't belive it's hot there...come and lookie at the pix we took this mornin'...Scruffy was hoppin' round like a bunny cuz his feetsies were cold!!!

Now, Noah...you are seriously NOT believin' that HOGWASH that Mango wrote bout my supposed obsession with him? Methinks the Mastiff doth protest too much, if I 'member my Shakespearie correctly...I think he's obsessed with me...tra la la la.....

Love and kissies...Laciegirl

Duke said...

Great job on the song, guys! We just love those Santa hats!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Finni said...

BOL ... We love the Leuradale version to Winter Wonder land! Thanks guys, and have a happy Christmas too!
Love
Finni & Nelly xx

Anonymous said...

oh how lovely! We are just freezing here in the ice, snow and cold, it is really Christmassy!

However, my J wanted to say to you all, how much she is looking forward to experiencing some of your heat on her big Aussie Adventure next year.

She also wanted to say, sorry she has not emailed you all yet, but it has been hectic here, however she much appreciated you sending her your email addy, and she will be in touch soonest!

love and many licks, Marvin xxxxx

pee ess I hope you will all look after her when she makes her big journey next year, she is quite the nervous one, as it is soooooo far away, but also very, very excited!

Yay! I will smear some Marvin nice smells upon her so you can fully appreicate me, just before she gets on the airplane to down under!

Love and many licks, Marvin xxxxxx

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

My mom wishes we had warm weather now....you are lucky!
And that is a pawsome pic of you all!
--JB

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That is a great song. We really like the booz'n part. hehe
Great picture!!!

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Amber-Mae said...

Oh, we looove your version the best! So original. You guys could come out with an album, totally!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Joe Stains said...

omdog your Christmas sounds just like our summer :) can't walk on the cement in the day cuz its so darn hot!

Juno said...

hahaha... we love the song and what a great picture!! Growing up in cold cold cold canada, it's hard to imagene to have hot Christmas!! It's cold here now... you're very lucky! :)

Willow, are you ok?

Tess, happy belated barkday! The pic of you and D look really good!!

Hugs

Momo & Pinot

Dexter said...

You need to make a recording right away. I know you have some musical talent in your crew.

That photo, WOW! Four dales sitting and with hats on too? Did B & D cast some spell on you?

Slobbers,
Mango

Katie and Gizmo said...

Hi Guys great song.
Looks like even Tassie is going to be hot for Christmas this year according to the weather station.
I don't mind though because I love heat.

Hugz & Lickz
Gizmo

p.s. I tagged you on my blog

Southbaygirl said...

Hi guys...Mom and I love that picture of all of you!!!

Hope you've had a great weekend!!

Woof,

Velcro

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee ya guys are just too smart fer words.....so it's summer there 'n stinkin' hot ???? Them's fighten words around here right now....since we're freezen 'n have a bunch of snow comin' 'n goin'....why we've been tryin' ta get away ta warmer climates but haven't been able ta yet and don't know if we will. Can ya send some of that warmth over here ????? In a box would be nice..... It would be swell if ya could....

Dewey Dewster here....

sharkgila said...

Merry Christmas! That's a Be-woo-tiful picture.

Wooo,
Togo

Petra said...

Hahaha! I LOVED your song, and I'll always think of you when I hear Winter Wonderland blaring away at my house.

You are all so very, very VERY cute in your Santa hats!

Anonymous said...

Pawsome photo AND song!!!!
HUgs,
Sitka

Eric said...

Haaaa!!! Fabbie song pals, made me and Mom laugh and laugh. great photo too. Even with a blue sky!!(I'm green with envy)Wags, Eric x

Bogart H. Devil said...

AWESOME!!!

The photo and the song... you can have some of my snow if you want!!!

Love & Big Aire Kisses,
Bogart

Stanley said...

YO, Noah and the DaleGirlS! (Sounds like the name of a music group doesn't it?)

I think it will always be hard to beat your Christmas photo from last year ~ The Babydale and the Wisedales, but this is a close close second! You all accessorized appropriately for the season, and you gave us a musical acoompaniment too!

C'mon! You can tell us. Who is the songwriter of the bunch?

Goober love & smooches,
STanley

Huskee and Hershey said...

Great song, Great photo!!

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Noah,
Hey that's brilliant! It made mum homesick and even more excited to get on the plane tomorrow!! Hopefully it will be hot for her trip home because we have been freezing here. We are off to our favourite pet hotel while they are away and will drop by again when they get back. Hope you, your sisters and pinkies have a great Christmas in your Aussie Wonderland.
Lix
J&D
P.S. We did try to persuade dad to get the Toyota Noah but he had his heart set on a Nissan!

Allison Walton said...

Great song--and great pic!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Great song, Noah and Co.!!!! Although it doesn't get stinkin' hot over in New Zealand it's still pretty muggy and no fun for two dogs in Sheltie coats. Have a very merry Christmas you and the pinkies!
Josh and Jess

Mack said...

Oh my dawg that is the cutest Christmas song we've heard yet!

Cassidy said...

We love you song,it's great. And the photo of you all in your Christmas hats is too cute!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Princess Patches said...

Your song is destined to become a classic! We love the picture of you all in your hats, but it's hard to beat last year's picture! Merry Christmas to all of you!!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Mason Dixie said...

Hi there, came across your blog. You pup look wonderful in your santa hats. Australia? My mom has always wanted to go there. Stop by some time.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Mom says I would do much better at herding if I could keep my mouth shut. The barking has to stop!!!!

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

i said...

Encore! Encore! Great song and great picture!

Charlie said...

Great song!
- Charlie

Charlie said...

Great song!
- Charlie

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

Great song...To tell you the truth, I'm already getting pretty tired of my "Winter Wonderland"...

It's really cold on my little feet...

Abby xxxooo

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Noah, Willow, Tess and Lucy!Great song and great picture!
Merry Christmas!

Love and licks
Thor

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Hehe...the song is totally PAWSOME! Thanks for sharing it with us...*grins* Hope your Christmas is a great one...even though it's hot! *wink*

Scottie

parlance said...

Love your song! I'll have to go on the Net and find the melody - I forget how it goes.
By the way, when I took the lost dog home yesterday and the family came out to greet him, I wondered if they were going inside to sing to each other the first of your favorite songs.

Islay said...

You look great in your Santa hats! Happy Christmas pups!

licks & puppy love,
Charlie

Anonymous said...

Now we will have put our canine brains together and write out a jingle. The very best to you all. We are suffering with the cold but Sally does like a nice Shandy every night. I like milk and cookies...
Hope Santa is good to you.
Rufus

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Yepper that little pest seem to be able to sleep anywhere. Lately her favorite spot is under the bed so Dad can't get her to put her in her condo. Sneaky little thing she is..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Guest Book

Followers