Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tess' big boo boo

G'day blogging maties,
Well it's been one of those weeks.
First of all my sister Tess had a big accident yesterday which saw her spend the night at the vet.
Bryan took us all down to see our Nonna and do some work cleaning out her garage. This meant we had to stay in backyard while B was working between the garage and the driveway. Well Tess did her usual 'oh my god where is Bryan' and decided to try to find him. She crawled her way to the back of shed then climbed over the fence behind the garage. When she jumped down the otherside she sliced open 15cm near her shoulder just missing the jugular.
Bryan took her straight to the nearest vet and they were able to keep her in over night to keep watch over her. As this vet is in Sydney, Bryan had to go back down the mountain today to pick her up. We've just had word that they are on their way back and Tess is fine. She'd been crying for Bryan most of the morning but is now so happy to be reunited.
We have to be good dales as she has to be kept quiet until the drains come out on Saturday. That should be interesting......

On top of all this we lost our internet connection yesterday which is a nightmare regarding our B&B bookings (and blogging hehehe). Hence there are no pics of Tessy for this post.

Oh well that's life I guess. Paws crossed nothing else happens this week.

tailwags
Noah x

45 comments:

Allison Walton said...

Oh, goodness! We're glad everyone is okay!!

We have something on our blog for you! Come and check it out!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Noah!
That sounds scary!
I hope Tess is doing well!
Paws crossed
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Aki and Poopie said...

oh poor tess. i bet she missed all of you too, not just bryan! were you being a good boy while bryan was in sydney, noah?

we hope you pups stay safe.

drooly kisses,

Aki

Asta said...

Noah
What a tewwible scawe..I'm so glad that tess is going to be OK and I hope the west of you will have excellent good luck all the west of the week..and have many bookings to boot.
Youw pawents must be exhaysted fwom all this excitement and wowwy..I'm sending extwa smoochie kisses to all of you
love
ASTA

Alf said...

Hey Noah - please pass on our best wishes to Tess, hope she heals up quickly. She must really love Bryan to want to get to him so much!!!! Maybe she'll be a bit more careful next time!

Alf n Mindy xx

NESSA the hovawart said...

Oh,my,Noah,
I hope Tess will be O.K. as quickly as possible. Give her a bunch of kisses,
stay healthy,
Nessa

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Heavens above - poor, poor Tess.
Hope she heals quickly
Very gentle pats & pets to her!

Love
Blue

Duke said...

OMG, poor Tess! We're sending lots of AireZen! Heal quickly, Tess, and we hope you avoid the evil lampshade! The sockie worked for me - it might work for you too!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

parlance said...

Oh thank god she missed the jugular! Best wishes coming your way for a stress-free recovery.

parlance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Black and Tans. said...

Oh poor Tess. We hope she makes a fast recovery. What a horrible thing to have happened.

Molly and Taffy

Snowball said...

I hope Tess is not too badly injured and that she will recover soon.

Luv
Snowball

Stanley said...

Poor, sweet, stinkin' sly Tess! She is such an adventurer. Doesn't she know you're not supposed to climb without the proper equipment?

Please give her some healing goober smooches from Stella & I. Drains??? Ewww.....

Sounds like Tess is kind of a daddy's girl. (Hasn't she seen what a fashion mess he is? It must really be love then.)

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Stanley said...

Pee Ess

No offense to B. I meant to say he was a fashion goob, not a fashion mess. You WILL relay my apologies, right?

Goob love,
Stanley

Faya said...

Poor Tess...and it is only Wednesday...
Our paws are crossed for some good news soon....
Kisses, Faya & Dyos and Véronique

Persephone and Buster said...

We sure hope Tess makes a speedy and complete recovery! Sounds like she deserves some kind of "Wounded in Action" decoration--a medal? A special treat? A glass of Fosters Bitters?

Cheers,

Bozo, Sephie, & BaileyDiva

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

Oh My...I hope Tess feels better soon...

Give her some kisses for me...

Abby xxxooo

Deetz said...

Oh Gosh, I hated to hear this. I am so thankful that it was not worse and she is on her way home. How traumatizing. I sure hope she doesn't do that again. Can't wait to hear about the drains...sounds kinda cool.
Deetzy

erin said...

Poor Tess! I always want to know where my people are too. But that sounds painful! I'm glad to hear that you're going to be alright though. Lots of pampering always helps me heal, so I hope your people spoil you with yummy food and attention until you're all better!
Woof,
Keeley

Amber-Mae said...

Oh Tess, that sounds bad! We're glad to know you're okay at the vet's. Hope you heal up soon ok?

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Simba and Jazzi said...

I hope Tess is ok and everything is back to normal in your house now.
Simba x

Terra said...

Oh dear! Paw Tess!!!!!! I am in the wars at the moment too... The nasty vet chopped my boy bits off! It hurts lots and lots but I'm trying to be strong!

Hope you get better soon Tess.

~ Jedi ~

Mason Dixie said...

Awe the poor thing. we pups will go to any extremes to see the ones we love. that is for sure. I am glad she is ok. Be good to her.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Noah and Peeps,
please give our get well wishes to dear Tess, poor thing.

love and concerned licks, Marvin xxxxxx

lots of hugs from Jeannie to you all,'specially Tess! xxxxx

Dewey Dewster said...

Wow Noah.....we're so sorry ta hear about Tess and her accident....thank goodness there was an emergency vet nearby.....we hope that she is feelin' better soon....hope yer Internet connection is back up and workin' again too...

Dewey Dewster here....

Bogart H. Devil said...

Yikes! Big Aire Zen for you Tess, hope that heals up fast! And I really hope you don't need to wear the dreaded e-collar...

Big Aire Kisses to the whole household...

Love,
Bogart

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Hope all is still well NOW -

Silly Tess - don't skhare your peeps like that!

Woo probably lost your khonnekhtion due to all the people applying fur that JOB 'Down There' -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

River said...

I'm glad to hear Tess is okay. That's definitely separation anxiety. We have that too! Glad you have your internet back.

love & wags,
River

Thor and Jack said...

Poor Tess! I hope she feels better soon!

Love,
Thor

Anonymous said...

Crikey, Noah, the stuff you're having to put up with, huh? We're just so glad that Tess is doing better. Keeping our paws crossed for you.

Love, Josh and Jess

Bae Bae said...

I hope Tess is ok.
Paws crossed for her

~ Bae

Princess Patches said...

Poor Tess! We hope she heals really quickly! The rest of you better be very nice to her! We hope you got your intersnet thingy sorted out. Our mom freaks out whenever ours has a problem since she sells on Ebay. WE don't like it when we can read bloggys! Good luck to all of you for the rest of the week...and beyond!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Petra said...

OMD, how scary was that? I'm so glad that Tess is okay and hope she gets better fast.

Having internet problems is so annoying; I hope things get sorted out there soon, too.

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Now Noah....I'm on my way...oh my...that's a hooge cut...we're going to have to find a way to distract Tess to keep her from pickin' at it...thankfully, I just bought an entire truckload of snow from Butchy and Snickers...I have a new Snow Smoothie recipe lightly flavored with mango and raspberry...and vodk er additives...I'm thinkin' that Tessiegirl will forget bout her troubles and the HEAT after a few snow shovels of that into the blender!!!! Sounds like D & B may need a few scoops too...poor B...it's a hooge responsiblily to own a velcro Dale like Tess!!! That's how Stanny is with Mumsie but I don't think he'd half kill himself to get to her...

Now don't you dogs mess with her drains...get my basket ready and I'll be there shortly.

Oh...and Noah...have you heard bout that deserted island somewhere in Aussieland that they're gonna pay someone $105,000 to hang out in paradise and BLOG FROM IT? I was thinkin' you and I might wanna set up housekeepin' there for six months and try it out...I'm sure your Girlfriend wouldn't mind???!!!!!

Hooge kisses to Tess and some for you dear boy!!!

Laciegirl

Finni said...

Oh my word! That's terrible! Get better quickly Tess. Sounds like you've been lucky girl.
Nelly would do a thing like that, she has to be with mum all the time too. Hope your internet probs get sorted quickly. Mum wanders round the house sighing when ours is down.
Take care!
Finni xx

Dexter said...

Hope Tess is feeling better. Sounds like she is a real trooper.

Slobbers,
Mango

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

Oh my dog, Noah,

I'm keeping my paws crossed for Tess!

xxx Asta (oz)

Eric said...

OOh, that made me gasp in horror for poor Tess. Glad she is reunited with Bryan and hope she will be all ok. Your internet connections too.

Wags and squarie kissies to Tess.

Eric xx

Mack said...

Please give Tess a bunch of healing sugars from me. She must be quite the daddy's girl.....how sweet!

Hero said...

That sounds like one nasty injury. I'm glad that Tess was lucky in that it wasn't more serious than it ended up being. I'm glad to hear that she's already on her way to rejoining the pack and her dad.

Laurie, Woo's Editor said...

what a fright! please send Tess our well wishes.

Also be happy to see new pics when your connection is up, we like to think of you all enjoying summery weather now as we are still under a few feet of snow.

Joe Stains said...

omdog how fortunate that she was not more seriously injured!! We are sending healing vibes her cut heals up ok!

Huskee and Hershey said...

GOSH!! Poor Tessy!! Hope she is ok now... Glad that she is home.

Unknown said...

Tess! I sure how you heal quickly! You look like a good patient.

Norwood

Southbaygirl said...

OMG...mom hasn't been a bad blogging mom and I didn't know that tess had an accident until today!! Poor Tess-how scary for everyone! Mom and I are so glad she's going to be ok!!!!

Velcro and mom Penny

Guest Book

Followers