Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jeannie, Brooke & Greg's visit part 2

G'day blogging maties,
I must tell you about the weather here in the Blue Mountains. It can be unpredictable and change at the drop of a hat. On the day that our distinguished guests arrived we had a glorious morning. The sun was shining and everything was clear. By lunchtime a little cloud was settling in and then the horrid mist arrived. By the time they got here the mist was set in and we weren't going to see anything. Now this was very bad because the Blue Mountains is renown for the views and Jeannie came specifically to see the 3 sisters. Well my friends, the only 3 sisters Jeannie got to see were Willow, Tess & Lucy.......big big sigh!
Here are some pics of the wonderful views which were non existent as you can see.
Saturday afternoon and here they are at Echo Point, the most famous of all the lookouts in the Blue Mts. Just behind the girls you should be able to see the 3 sisters but noooooooo. D looks weird cause she was having a bad hair day. She doesn't usually get around with that thing on her head.


The Sunday wasn't much better. At least the rain held off but poor Jeannie still couldn't see anything.

In conclusion, Jeannie, you'll just have to come back!!!!!!!!
tailwags
Noah x
ps. D & B are in the process of laying new pavers on their driveway, hence the delay in visiting your blogs. I am trying to get them to finish this big job soon cause we miss you guys!

32 comments:

Nibbles Treats said...

Trust us, it could be worse. In a weeks time, we went from beautiful 65 degree fahren. weather to rain/sleet/snow/hail all in the same day. We're sure Jeannie had a great visit no matter the weather.

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

tula monstah said...

Darn that foggy mist! But you're right, now she definitely has too come back to visit :) and how can she resist those wirey faces.

kiss kisses,
tula

Jeannie! said...

G'day Mate! No worries about not being able to see the Three Sisters, I saw Four Famous Dales so that was the bestest thing! And such a warm welcome from Your Pinkies!

Please thank them from me for such a wonderful evening!

It was so cool to meet with you all, and I enjoyed Lucy's lickings of my glasses plus her Table Dancing!!

lotsaluv to you all

from The Intrepid Traveller Jeannie xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Ohh no fog city. They still look like happy travelers. D I like that bad hair day coverings. They will have to come back that is for sure.
Norwood

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That is just soooo furry KHOOL that woo got to meet Marvin's mum along with Opy and Charlie's peeps!

Tank woo fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Is there any AGJ left in your part of Australia?

Hollie and Janie said...

Noah!
I am so sorry the silly fog ruined the moutain views! Tell D I think she's beautiful with her fod-riddled hair!
Love,
janie

Thor and Jack said...

Your guests could not see the beautiful views. But they saw you, Noah and your family! That was the best!

Love
Thor

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Oh my...that mist sure looked bad! And a bit chilly too! But still, you all had a great time with each other right? *grins*

I've tagged you for a little game at my blog! Please do come by and check it out! *wink*

Scottie

Moco said...

It looks to us as if we saw three beautiful "sisters" anyway. Thanks for taking us along.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Noah!
Too bad the weather was bad behaved there! But I am sure they all enjoyed being there anyway!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

parlance said...

Noah, I'll bet they had a great time anyway! I've travelled the world, in order to see magnificent fountains (boarded against the freezing effects of ice, because it was mid-winter), astonishing views (too cloudy), specialist shops (closed the day I was there) and ...
I think you get the picture.
But I still had a lovely time.

Oh, forgot the time I went to London to a miniatures fair, which unfortunately was on the Saturday, as they told me when I turned up on the Sunday.

Amber-Mae said...

Holly! It looks crazy freezing over there!

Butt sniffs,
Solid Gold Dancer

Stanley said...

Hey, Noah!

I to am betting that Jeannie, Brooke & Greg had themselves a great time anyway! How could the NOT?!

Personally, I think the 3 most important sisters in the Blue Mountains ARE Willow, Tess & Lucy. (Nice photo of the three DWB sisters, by the way - weird hair day or not.)

Goober love,
Stanley

i said...

That's pretty foggy. But you all looked like you were having such a great time. How nice!

Princess Patches said...

It looks like everyone had a good time in spite of the fog! Our mom is having a permanent bad hair day...ever since she decided to stop coloring it!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Duke said...

We bet everyone had a great time anyway despite the fog! Look at all of those smiling faces!
Laying pavers sounds like a big job! Can we see a picture when they're all done, Noah?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Persephone and Buster said...

hey noah, nice view! sort of reminds me of being on a boat..did you wear your foghorn hat?
i'll tell you about that someday..
glad you alll had a great visit.
theBUSTER, Ms.Persephone, &Ms.Blue

Mack said...

Texas weather is just the same - very unpredictable.

And I just know they had a good time visiting with you guys!

Eric said...

Noah lucky dogs! What a great visit. "who cares about the weather when Dog with Bloggers get together lalllaaa lala laa". I'm betting Jeannie loved meetin the leggededs and the Lauderdales.

Wiry wags, Eric xx

Ruby Bleu said...

Hi Noah...
I'm thinking Jeannie was probably pretty happy seeing your 3 sisters too...and you of course!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Joe Stains said...

omdog you guys are so so lucky! Sorry that the weather did not cooperate but I am sure it was great!

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Well, the mist looks pretty.;>(

Momma says it's like when Poppa took her to see the Grand Canyon...
AT NIGHT!!! He pointed to a wee light what looked like miles away, and said,"See that?" and Mom said,"Yes." And he said,"Well, that's the South Rim." We hope you pointed in the direction of the 3 Sisters and said that's it!
AireKisses & WelshieHugs,
BabyRD & Hootie the Wonder Dog

Lacy said...

w00f's heehee me wuz gonna say, good excuse to git to come back...

b safe,
~rocky~

Dexter said...

Spooky! There could be ANYTHING in that mist. Good thing that place had a fence around it to keep out mist monsters.

Slobbers,
Mango

Lucia said...

Ciao dolci amici!

How fantastico that le tre sorelle of DWB (that's J, D and B!) got to meet the le tre sorelle of the Leuradales (Tess, Willow and Lucy!), and even though the foggy weather clouded the view of Le Tre Sorelle, I'm guessing everyone -- including the boys!! -- still had a meraviglioso time!

Tanti baci!
Lucia

Sophie Brador said...

Noah! I am so envious that you got to meet Jeannie and Brooke and Greg. I sure wish they would come to my house.

xo
SB

P.S. What is a funnel spider????

Tee said...

Too bad the fog ruin the grand mountain view ... good thing the fog didn't cloud out Jeannie, Brooke and Greg!

LIcks and Wags

TUffy of Dog WOods

The Black and Tans. said...

Bad news about not seeing the lovely views, good news you did not see any big hairy spiders.

Molly and Taffy

Petra said...

The 3 sisters look so happy ~~ in spite of the weather, there are big smiles!

William Tell said...

Will Rogers said, "If you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, just wait a minute and it will change." I think your part of the world may be much like ours in that respect, so I totally understand those weather woes! Yes, a return visit is needed!

Happy Tails,
William Tell

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

I'm sorry the weather wasn't great, but I'm sure your visit was...

Abby xxxooo

Finni said...

Too bad your visitors didn't get to see the views. Bet they loved the three Leuradales sisters tho'.

Guest Book

Followers