Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Leuradale's visit to the Megalong Valley

G'day Blogging maties

Today we went for a drive to a lovely place called the Megalong Valley.

Went we got there we stopped at the Megalong Tea Rooms where the pinkies had some lunch and we got to watch them eat.


They sat underneath this magnificent gum tree. Isn't it beautiful? They were a little nervous that a branch was going to break off. Gums aren't the strongest tree around.

The Megalong Valley is a great little spot only about half an hour from our house but it's a world away.


There are only about 50 families living in the Valley and many of them are cattle farmers.


Over the last few years people have started growing grapes in the valley and we decided to stop at the Dryridge Estate Winery to do a little wine tasting and of course this always leads to buying!






Isn't this winery in a fantastic spot. The views are stunning.


We hope to come back again real soon.

tailwags

Noah x








38 comments:

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

What fun you must have had. The pictures are so good. Your D is sure a pretty gal (for a hooman!).

Our folks have done the wine country of Northern California,farrr North Idaho and also NE Pennsylvania. Yes, and they always buy a few bottles after the tasting too. They have never invited us to go along, but we did get to go to Smiling Dog Brewery with them once.:<)

It's just after 1230am here,so better sign off for now. AireLove and WelshieKisses, BRD & Hootie

Duke said...

What a fabulous spot Megalong Valley is! It's just gorgeous! What do you mean you watched the pinkies eat at the Tea Room, Noah? Didn't you and the girls get a hand-out too?!
It takes us about 45 minutes to climb to the top of the Giant and of course it's always faster coming down!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Terra said...

Wow, what lovely scenery! I hope your pinkies let you have a run around and play!!

~ Jedi ~

Faya said...

Beautiful ! Waaaahhh I think I could love your country if I didn't knew about the spider....
It is realy a fabulous place.
It is funny, you drive on the wrong way of the road.....hahaha...
Kisses, Faya

Pippa said...

Hey that looks absolutely beautiful - and Master and Misery haven't been there either. It must be a well-kept secret gem, hidden from all those tourists.

Pippa

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

What a fun day...

What a beautiful country you have...

Abby xxxooo

tula monstah said...

Beautiful views, trees, cows, grapes, wine- what a great day! although the good stuff seemed more for the pinkies (food, wine) did you get anything good?

Great pics-thanks!

toodles,
tula

Unknown said...

Wow Dales!
Too bad you didn't get to run thru the vineyard while the pinkies loaded up on the fermented grapes! Stunning countryside! How were the trails?

Norwood

Mack said...

Australia is breathtaking. How wonderful is must be to live there!

Did you guys get some wine?

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry nice!

Evfurrything looked lovely!

Of khourse, my mom was most interested in the final stop!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

TwoSpecialWires said...

Wow! Jake is still sleeping, but I get to tell him when he finally drags himself out of bed that *I* got to go on a pawesome trip to Australia this morning. The Megalong Valley is beautiful! I felt like I was rolling through a blue-green tunnel, and the views were stunning at the end! You and your family look like you had a wonderful time! I'm glad you shared the pictures, and I'm sure I'll look at them again when Jake wakes up!

Tail waggin,
Miss Fergi

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

OMD, Noah....ur gonna be in a book??? Can we buy it???? That is totally fabbers!!!!!!!!!! Those pics of the wine country are so pretty!!! Did ur peeps give ya any???? Hmmm...D.'s not into sharin' huh???? I had NO IDEA you guys have chewin' gum trees!!! Are there little packets of Wriggly's Spearmint on it? We're movin'...on the rare occasions we've found gum, it usually ends up in our beardies....

I had such a fab time with you at the weddin' Noah...I'm so glad you agreed to take a small tour of Austria/Southern Germany with me!!!

Love ya lots, dear Boy....

Laciegirlie!!!!

Agatha and Archie said...

WOW is that pretty..We were unaware of the it was a chewing gum tree until we saw Lacies comment..... PL2 would be in heaven......How was the wine?????Noah did you have to drive back??? Love A+A

Lorenza said...

Hi, Noah!
That place is beautiful!
Sure you all had a pawesome time there!
Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Asta said...

Noah
I'm so behind..I just wead the gwweat news!!!
fantastic!!!!!
All of you in a book! that is the coolest and I'm suwe it will make the whole book ytons bettew to have you featoowed!

Thank you fow that lovely wide in the lush gweenness(we don't get to go on caw wides vewy often..only if we went one fow some weason)
That valley is gowgeous..you twooly live in a vewy special place..

Mommi and Daddi would have had to spend the night , they would have been such good samplews, hehe
smoochie kisses
ASTapee ess Myrna thanks you so much fow being thewe fow hew and Gilbewt

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Noah! You live in a wonderful country! That place looks gorgeous and you all sure had a great time!
Those pictures are lovely!

xoxo
Thor

Persephone and Buster said...

oh noah... what a beautiful place to be! this megalong valley is a little gem -- cows and wine..what more could you ask for...chase a cow for a bit then stop for a nice wine tasting -- i could get used to that.
of course that little ride through the trees was a bit scary though... the driving on the left side when you least expect it can be just a tad freaky -- sort of expecting someone to be right there as you go around the corners!!! although the humomm did drive all over england and wales a couple springs back.
have a great day guys..
theBUSTER, Ms.Persephone, & Ms. Blue

Southbaygirl said...

Hi guys....the pictures of the winery really made mom smile-she loves to wine taste too!!

I hope mom and dad gave you tasty treats from their lunch! It sure looks like it was a nice trip!

One day mom will make it to Australia!!

woof

-Velcro

Suzuki said...

Mummy is trying to get Daddy to go to the Margaret River Wineries fur her birthday in a couple of weeks. There is a place they can stay where they can take us too!
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Hollie and Janie said...

Noah,
Megalong Valley is gorgeous! Yall are so well-haved and lovely all sitting together! I sure hope you were handsomely rewarded... perhaps with some treats from the tea room! Your D is so pretty!!!
Love,
Janie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Pretty post, pretty pics, pretty site, and a pretty lady you have there. Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the valley. My mom loves seeing pictures of other countries and she would love to visit Australia some day!
--JB

Moco said...

Those are lovely pictures of your day out. We would have enjoyed that day out also.

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi eevryone,
What lovely pictures of your outing!! Bummer that you only got to watch them eat their lunch.. I am sure it'd have been yummy!!

Simba and Jazzi said...

We are busy catching up with everyone after our weekend away.

Simba and Jazzi xxxx

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Noah,
Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I really did have a great Birthday. It looks like you guys had a great day out at Megalong valley too. Mum hasn't heard of it but said it looks like a very nice spot. The view from that winery is really beautiful.
Lix
J&D

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh what a beautiful place. Mom would like the wine tasting part..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Dewey Dewster said...

Geez...what a beautiful place ta visit but it's a miracle ya got there alive cause yer drivin' on the wrong side of the road mates....ya need ta get the pinkies ta take a few drivin' lessons there so yer all safe....
so if the pinkies were tastin' wine what were the 4 of ya tastin'....just the fact that the 4 of ya were along means they were tippin' the cup beforehand...'n Gram wishes she was along fer the that ride fer sure....she loves wine.....

Dewey Dewster here....

Mason Dixie said...

You guys must have had loads of fun. Thanks for sharing your trip. =)

Lucia said...

Ciao miei amici!

Fantastico trip, Noah and gurrrrls! The scenery was spectacular and the four of you posed so beautifully for all of those pikkies. No wonder you are about to be internationally famous doggie models!

Tanti baci!
Lucia

Terra said...

Just thought I would let you know that Soaks and I can't go on the Million Paws Walk anymore because Soaks is having her first girly month and HM doesn't want her to have any babies!

Hope you dales have fun!!

~ Jedi ~

Terra said...

Actually, after begging my Hoomies to take me on the walk, they've agreed... Soakie will stay home with HD.

I will be there with my big buddies Zero the Husky and Jude the Labrador.

~ Jedi ~

Terra said...

Sounds good!! We will keep an eye out for you!

~ Jedi ~

Petra said...

Wow !! This is GEORGEOUS country!

erin said...

Oh Noah, that looks like it was a fantastic trip to Megalong Valley. It's so pretty! I would have been whining like crazy on that drive through all the trees. Since I'm a city dog, anytime I see trees like that, I figure it means we're near a park and so I start my whiny squeaking to beg my girl to stop the car and let me out.
Woof,
Keeley

Charlie Daniels said...

Hey it looked like you were going a lot faster than 60!! :-)

I loved the leaning into the corners!

Cheers

Charlie

PeeEss: Getaway showed Leura on the show tonight .. they mustn't have shown your place 'cause you weren't home! BOL ;-)

Fred said...

What a fun road trip!

Nelly said...

Megalong Valley is so beautiful. Mummy went 'Mmmmh' when we read about wine tasting, hehe.
Did you bark at the cows? I do.
It's a good job I don't get carsick anymore when I watched your video :)
Nibbles
Nelly

Guest Book

Followers