Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Million Paws Walk 2009

G'day blogging maties,
Today we joined thousands of other dogs and humans on the 2009 Million Paws Walk down in Sydney. It is a fund raising event for the RSPCA. What a stunning day it was, not a cloud in the sky. As you can see from the piccies, they had a huge turn out.
You'll never guess what the pinkies decided we should do first..........

A bath!! There were about 8 mobile dog washes there and all the money they received went to the RSPCA....how good is that!!!! We all had a turn getting washed and dried. Willow was a little freaked out but I was really good.

Here's Willow being bathed.

Look at Lucy would ya....hehe.


Tess thought she could exit out the side!

We organised to meet up with D's niece and her dog (our cousin) Alvin the beagle boy.

After a big count down we all set off on the walk. It got a bit squishy in parts but we just love being part of it. All the dogs are so good and the pinkies were glad that we didn't disgrace ourselves hehe.

Willow's saying come on, pick up the pace!!!!!

We met 4 other airedales today. This dale in the piccie below, we met on last years walk.

Look....we saw a Boston Terrier just like Mack, Petra, Joey and Tanner. Naturally D took a photo !!

When we got back we had some lunch and chatted to some fellow walkers.

And then it was time to head back up the mountain and home.

We did a pretty good job with the fund raising too so thanks pals. It was very much appreciated. D said we raised $360 so woo hoo for the Leuradales!!!!! We made it in the top 20 fund raisers.

We're all so pooped after our day out. Can't wait until next year!!

tailwags

Noah xx

42 comments:

Terra said...

Glad you Dales had a good time!! HM and I tried to look for you guys, but we couldn't see ANY Airdales let alone a group of them! I did manage to find 5 other keeshonds though!!

~ Jedi ~

JD and Max said...

Oh well done everyone - what a great cause too. Looks like you all had great fun. Tail wags - JD and Max.

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Guys,
Sorry its been a while since we have been over to visit. Mum has been super busy with school! What a great event. We wish they would organise something like that here but big organisations like the RSPCA don't exist here! Well done on all the money you rasied for such a good cause. You had perfect weather and got to walk with a beagle!! how cool!
Lix
J&D

Suzuki said...

Hi guys!
It looks like you had a pawsome time today too :)
There was a 15000 hoomans who showed up with their furries in Perth today. I saw soooo many airedales! I also some some ferrets and apparently there was a camel there too, I didn't see him though. I think I have raised about $200 so far but Mummy says I still have more money coming from friends. I can't wait to go again next year.
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Mack said...

Thank dog the weather behaved.

That looks like sooo much fun!

I see I have relatives in Australia!!

Molly and Gertrude said...

the doggie on the side of the poochmobile looks just like Noah!

Wow - great effort raining all that money - fantastic!

We think D's niece looks just like D too - very pretty :)

M and G
xx

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats to woo fur such a pawesome day and khause!

It looks like LOTS of fun!

Tank woo fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Duke said...

Sorry about the bath, guys! Who would have thought they'd dump you in the tub at this event! But, what a fun day you all had! Congratulations on the money you collected for a great cause!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Excellent, pawsome million paws walk!
4 paws up for all of you!
I admire your enthusiasm, care and love for animals!
Love ya

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

OH what a great time you had. Did you see Suzuki there?

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

What a great day...And, what a great thing to do...

Congrats!!

Abby xxxooo

Agatha and Archie said...

Well congrats!! what a fabulous day( with an exception made for the bath part...geesh...couldn't the humans think of any other way to get money?i/ How about all the cookies you can eat at one time..or how to steal the most stuff off of the counter.. or how to open the frig door the fastest...see what I mean? no they pick a bath..We did like the pics of your heads sticking up though!!) Good job kids!! Love and kisses A+A

Faya said...

Bravo ! Félicitations ! Vous méritez des gros bisous et une bonne nuit de sommeil !
Kisses, Faya

Lorenza said...

HI, Noah!
Congratulations! I am sure you all had a pawesome time there.... bath included!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Hollie and Janie said...

What a wonderful day you had, too! Isn't it so nice to be around so many doggies and their people?? Thank goodness they weren't doing baths at my festival yesterday! You do look so cute while getting your bath! hehe
LOve,
Janie

Asta said...

Noah
Congwatulations on taking pawt in such a gweat event and waising all that money.
I'm glad you had such a pawfect day fow it.
I'm suwe you got tons of admiwing pats
smoochie kisses
ASTa

Unknown said...

Hey Lauradales!
You are the best walkers and fund raisers. Mom laughed at the mobile dog wash. Hheee hee. They never thought that would happen. I can't believe the turn out. Dog heaven!

Norwood

Dexter said...

I can't believe you had to take a bath before the race, but I guess it was for a good cause. Looks like you had a nice day for it.

Slobbers,
Mango

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Too bad about the baths, but the walk looked like fun and you raised some nice money for a good cause.

Woos, the OP Pack

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Whoa! Very cool turnout for the walk! The mobile baths look very funny...I don't think we have those here in Malaysia! Congrats on raising lots of money for a great cause! *grins*

Scottie

Ruby said...

Well good on you guys for being such great fundraisers! It sure is a worthy cause. Looks like a top day and the weather was glorious wasn't it.

I like Agatha & Archies suggestions for money raising events - I'll sign up for a cookie eating event any day.

cheers,
Ruby

NESSA the hovawart said...

Well done!!
What the crowd of people and doggies! Did all doggies behave well?
It looks like you had super day.
Kisses and licks,
Nessa

Princess Patches said...

Congrats on raising so much money! It looks like you all had a great time in spite of the baths!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Karen Raye and Bentley Beargrass said...

What a wonderful event- it looked like you had loads of fun. Have a great week!

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day you lot!

Sorry about the bath!

Cheers

Charlie

Amber-Mae said...

Wow! That's a LOT of people. Must have been a very successful event. Pity we don't live there or else we would have joined in too. We hope you had a good bath!

Smoochies,
Solid Gold Dancer + Puppies

Amber-Mae said...

Wow! That's a LOT of people. Must have been a very successful event. Pity we don't live there or else we would have joined in too. We hope you had a good bath!

Smoochies,
Solid Gold Dancer + Puppies

TwoSpecialWires said...

WOW! There were dogs walking all over your continent on that day! We just read about Inky and Molly (with the Geelong gang) and saw the comment up above about a similar walk in Perth. We think that is just amazingly pawsome! Next year we ought to help make it an international affair! (Our Furry Scurry in Denver, Colorado was a couple of weeks ago... but for the same great cause!)

Way to walk!
Jake and Fergi

Eric said...

Woah!! High fives Leuradales- in the top 20 for fundraising!! Looks like you had a relly great day. Apart from the spa bath of course, crikey hope that doesn't catch on here.

Wiry wags n kises Eric xx

Simba and Jazzi said...

That looks like great fun . We hope lots of money was raised.

Simba and Jazzi xx

Nibbles Treats said...

What a great time... even if you did get a bath too.

Check out our blog today. We gave you an award!

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Fred said...

How fun! And for such a good cause. Pity about the bath, though.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You mates are always trying to confuse us.. he he
It would have been nice if you were are the same place...
Agatha ran into Norwood at her contest.. How cool is that?


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

tula monstah said...

Wow a monstah turnout!he he he. you got yourselves squeaky clean too. Tess had me snickerin'--with her escape attempt. What a great day and for a great cause!

Bravo Airedoggies & pinkies!

kiss kisses,
tula

Kasha said...

Gorgeous pictures! Gorgeous Airedales! I love this blog! I am adding this to my blog list! Feel free to visit my Africa. I added your blog to mine so I can keep in touch.
Kasha
http://trainingboerboels.blogspot.com/

Joe Stains said...

Ok other than the bath part, this looks like a totally pawesome day! You guys did a great job raising a nice chunk of change. AND you got to see a handsome boston terrier!!

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

That's awesome!!


DogsDeserveFreedom
DrowningInCats

Mason Dixie said...

What a great cause to walk for, love the mobile pup baths, smart idea for sure. =)

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Congratulations Noah! And your Sissies!!

My J says she hopes Lucy did not lick everyone to pieces......... ;0D

Not sure if I would have liked those bloomin' baths though.

I have been quiet due to computer issues which my J has finally sorted by sticking an axe through the computer.

She is some real Techy person you know!

It looked a lovely day out you had!

lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxxxxxxxx

Chef said...

Congratulations on completing the walk and raising so much money for a great cause! Even the baths seem worth it. YAY for you!

xoxo
Chef

Moco said...

Good job, guys!

Inky and Molly said...

Hi Noah and the girls!!
Glad to see you had a fun time too on Sunday. Would have been great if you could have been in our team so maybe ask your mum and dad if they would like to come down to Victoria next year (or any time really). Would love to have four more dales stay over at our ranch...
Loved the bath shots, Lucy looks funny and we know exactly what it was like for Tess. We always want to climb out them damn things any which way we can too...

Guest Book

Followers