Sunday, July 5, 2009

New South Wales Airedale Association Fun Day

Here I am, the first to arrive at the Airedale fun day down in Sydney.

Ruby, my DWB matie, arrived shortly afterwards and we finally got to say g'day to each other. She is such a talented gal. You should see all the tricks she can do.


Hey, who's that? More airedales.....crikey

I went over to welcome this little fella. His name is Griffin and he's only a pupster.


Here are some of the others. That's Ben on the far right and Selby on the left with Ruby.

There were lots of games and activities. I had my first go at agility and totally ballsed it up hahaha. I can't jump hurdles apparently..........But I did come third in a game of retrieval. I got my very first yellow ribbon and a dog blanket so wooo hoooo for me.

But you'll never guess who I met there and stupid D didn't take a photo of her.....it was Willow's litter sister. Yep that's right, her name is Legend and she's Willow's real live sister. She had loads of energy, even more than Willow and I didn't think that was possible.

I did have a great day today but I was also a bit of a cranky pants. Yes I know you all think I'm this good boy but actually I get a bit growly when dogs come to close to me and D. I guess I'm just looking out for her.

So that was our Sunday. Willow, Tess & Lucy stayed home and helped B look after the B&B guests. They said they'd have loved to have gone so maybe next time we can get Coral to look after the guests and we can all go together.

tailwags

Noah x

45 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Noah...
Wow what a fun day! I can't even imagine a park full of airedales. In your words, crikey is right! I just want to know who won the most handsome.. don't be humble.. it was you noah -wasn't it.
norwood

Terra said...

Wow, that sounds like a great day!!!!

~Jedi & Ahsoka~

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

Looks like a fun day...

Congrats on the Ribbon...

I know what you mean...Everybody thinks I'm really sweet & all, but I don't like other doggies near my Mom either...She is MY Mom...

Abby xxxooo

Dexter said...

I'm with you on that dumb agility. Momma tried to make me do it and I just walked right through the jumps (I mean they are setup to fall down, so why exert oneself). Plus I almost got stuck in the tunnel.

Slobbers,
Mango

Unknown said...

What a great day! That airepup made Mommy go all "ooohhh!" (What is it with puppies? I'm probably the same size as that guy and she doesn't go all melty about me. Well, actually, she kind of does....) Looks like you had a grand time without the girls. Good to be top dog, huh?

When I'm on my leash, I sometimes have to tell big dogs to "back off!" Maybe it's a wiry haired dog thing?

Your pal,

Petey

Lacy said...

w00fs, mama says me needs a attitude adjustment sumtimes, dont nos y her wood say that...its fun to go by urself sumtimes...me sorry u didnt git a piksur of Legend..

b safe,
~rocky~

Mack said...

So you have a lady friend named Ruby too!

And I don't blame you for being a little growly faced. We have to protect our peoples!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I bet it was khwite khool to bunches and bunches of 'woo' in one spot! I rekhall my thoughts when I went to my furst Sibe gathering: so many of ME to see!

The little pupster surely is a khutie!


Furry khool woo got to see Willow's sista!

Nice work on protekhting D but.......

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Faya said...

Un airedale c'est beau mais tout plein d'airedales c'est énorme ! C'est le Paradis !
Bravo pour ton ruban !
Bisous, Faya

Finni said...

I'm not much of a jumper either Noah. Nelly is! She jumped right out of our garden the day before the metal railings were fixed. Mum got on the phone pretty quickly to see exactly WHEN they were coming...

You did very well retrieving things though. Congratulations!

Mum is in touch with one of Nelly's litter brothers and litter sister, and it looks like they are going to meet up some time soon.

It's mayhem here at the moment - Nelly has just come into her first season ... and we are separated ... NOOOOOO!

Headrubs
Finni xx

Finni said...

Pee Ess: I can be cranky ... and ferocious ... ooops

Duke said...

How neat to be able to hang out with all of those other Dales, Noah! Griffin is sooooooo cute!
We don't think we'd do too good at agility either!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Joe Stains said...

How cool to meet Willow's sissy!! Looks like quite a fun day you had!!

Lorenza said...

Congratulations on your Ribbon!
Sounds like you had a pawesome time!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That looks like a lot of fun. And you met Willow's sis? How cool!
--JB

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Airedale fun day in Sidney?
How nice, you got all the attention, Noah!
Muahhh!

Anonymous said...

Oh Noah! so handsome. How cool that you met Willow's Sister!!
Hugs,
Sitka

Inky and Molly said...

Looks like you had a great day. We wish we could have been there.

The next Victorian Dale gathering is on the 12th of July if you guys fancy coming down for a drive :)

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Noah!
What a fun day you had!
So cool you met Willow´s sister!
Congrats on your ribbon!

xoxo,
Thor

TwoSpecialWires said...

What a great gathering of dales! And you got to meet Willow's sissie? Cool stuff, Noah! And a ribbon! You have lots of reasons to celebrate a great time! Congratulations!

Jake and Fergi (envying your winter weather at the moment)

Asta said...

Noah
Congwatulations on youw yellow wibbon!!!(next time tell them you'd pwefew owange, hehehe)
anyway, I think that is tewwific, oh and the blankie too.
It looks like a fun day wif so many aiwekids in one place..must have been gweat.
smoochie kisses
ASTA

i said...

Sounds like you had a great time there, Noah!

The Black and Tans. said...

Noah a day out with Aire pals is always great. Try not to be so cranky next time though it's not a good look!

Molly and Taffy

Simba and Jazzi said...

We are back! We have missed all our DWB friends.

Simba and Jazzi xx

Islay said...

So glad you had a great weekend. (Where did you get that sunshine?)

whisker swizzles,
Lovey (for Charlie's DogBlog)

Hollie and Janie said...

Noah,
You are such a handsome 'dale!! I love your red bandana! Congrats on winning a blanket and getting a ribbon. I don't think I'd do well with hurdles either!
Love,
Janie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

How nice they have a fun day just for Airedales!!! Congrats on your yellow ribbon.

Woos, the OP Pack

Astrid Keel said...

Congrats on your ribbon! I can't imagine the excitement of having an Airedales only day... what fun!

Ruby said...

It was just lovely to meet you and Denise on Sunday. Selby suggested we might need to 'workshop' the games we play so that everyone has an equal chance to win. I'm such a try-hard, it's a bit embarrassing! Must learn to be more laid-back!

cheers,
Ruby

Huskee and Hershey said...

Oh that Griffin is a cutie!! Congrats on your win too Noah.. :)

We also wanted to come and bark our THANKS for leaving those supportive comments on our blog for our mom when we lost Baby Chloe. The house is still a sad place and I guess it'd remain like this for a while. Thankfully we have friends like you who make each day just a little bit less painful. **HUGS**

Moco said...

Sometimes you need some quality time without the sibs.

Allison Walton said...

Sorry you wuz feeling growly. Some days we just don't want to be bothered, you know?

Looks like a fun meeting, though!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Lenny said...

My mom calls me "cranky pants" all the time. I'm glad to know that you say it down under also! :)

Your friend, Lenny

Persephone and Buster said...

whooooOOOOOoooo000 noah.. you gots a ribbon man!!! way to go. gility is fun, we like the tunnels and a frame...ms.Blue sez she owns the a frame and won't let anyone else on it.. it's kind of hard to argue w/your real mom-- ah well.. very cool that you got to meet willow's really sister...did she have white tippy feet too? fun days for aireedales...pretty neat idea!!
theBUSTER, Ms.Persephone & Ms. Blue too

erin said...

Wow, This looks like it was a super fun event. I love airedales!
Woof,
Keeley

Eric said...

Wow what a super site. So many square faces altogether. Congrats on the ribbon and the blankie Noah. Bet it was a great day out without the sisters in tow and Mom to yourself. Well almost..yeah I do that wiry back off my Mom thing too.

Wiry loves and kissies Eric xx

Stanley said...

YO, Noah!

Can't believe you got to meet Ruby girl and all of those other FAB Dales! Sounds like you had a good time despite your cranky pantedness. (Don't worry, man. They know you're the ranking senior in the group.) You wer definitley stylin' in your bananadana!

Did you let the little pupster come near you? If so, did he smell funny (like all pups do)?

Glad you and your mama got some good Noah time together. She SO needs that kind of time with a calming influence like you.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Petra said...

It looks like this was a fun day, and next time you will have to go back with Willow, Tess & Lucy. Wouldn't it be cool to have Legend and Willow there at the same time?!

Colin Harries said...

Hey Noah and girlies! You went to a "fun day"??! Wow! I don't have any fun, ever. What a day you had. I hope those b... developers lose, lose, lose their case for those poor koalas - some people are just AWFUL! Take care, old mate - and I won't let my dad move to Burleigh Heads to live...between me and my mum, I don't think he stands a chance. Love from Colin Harries xxx

Lucia said...

Ciao bello Noah!!

Awwwww! A day with 'dales! (Well, I guess you always have a day with 'dales, come to think of it!!!) It looked like lots of fun, il mio amico, and how meraviglioso that you got to meet Willow's sorella AND that you won a ribbon and blankie!

Tanti baci!
Lucia

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

What a wonderful day and you got to meet so many friends..

Big Sloppy kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Juno said...

Noah, it supposed to be winter over there? Looks like you had a pawsome bootiful day!

Momo & Pinot

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Cranky Pants, Noah??? That's Standard Operating Behaviour around here...we try to make it a guessing game...which terrier is going to attempt to attack the oncoming leashed doggie first...usually it's Scruffy...Mumsie always walks waaaaay to the side of other people/canines saying..."not a good idea...they're not very friendly"...sorta a EWWWW FEN ISM for "they're gonna bite your face off"...but people don't always listen....Mumsie's pawsonal favorite is "all dogs like my dog...." Obviously, they've never met Scruffy...he gets scared and turns into a total brat...

Now Noah...ya had a bath...???? Oh my...I can smell the herbal wash D used from here!!!

Oh...speakin' of D...I'm poppin' over with my new flame proof blender...I thought we could take a spin in the new vehicle and see the sites...I'm thinkin' if we soften D. up BEFORE we get in the new car, she'll be easy meat to convince....

Love ya lotsest...or the mostest...BTW, Noah...I've reserved 50% of my dance card for you at Petey's wedding....

Perhaps we should take some ballroom dancin' lessons first????

Love and kisses...laciegirlie

BTW...all of our cars are named...your new vehicle is now christened...BEASTIE!!!!!

Princess Patches said...

What a great day with lots of 'dales! Our mom would LOVE it! BTW, we just read Lacie's comment above...our Aire-mobile is named Chuck the Truck. Our silly pawrents always name our vehicles!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Oh Noah! Sorry we are so late in getting here. Since our broken Daddy got to Idaho we have to spend more time with him and less with our computer. He leaves next week so we'll see you more then.

That Dale-O-Rama looked like Soooo much fun.We just love that you won a ribbon! And how great was it to meet Ruby and also Willows litter mate??!! That Ruby could teach us a thing or two I'm sure.
love & kisses, BabyRocketDog

Guest Book

Followers