Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Noah the koala saving dog!

G'day Blogging maties,
Last Saturday D & B took me to another rally regarding a greedy developer wanting to cage koalas in a ground floor area of a building, void of natural light, simply as a money making scheme. There was a big turn out and the organisers of the rally have a lot of local and overseas support. D had the camera out taking photos of my handsome self. This time I had signs on my coat that said " No Koalas at Echo Point. They deserve to be free" and on the other side of my coat it said "don't pat koalas in cages, pat me instead". Well this sign had loads of people coming up to me for a pat..........




The good news is the Blue Mountains City Council have rejected his proposal however the horrible developer anticipated this so he has already gone to the Land and Environment Court who can override our Councils decision. We just hope there is someone there with half a brain who can see that this is an absolutely dreadful thing to do.
We will keep you updated on the situation. Someone from Land & Environment is actually going to view the site today. Paws crossed that person is an animal lover though I wouldn't hold my breath...........
Noah xx

41 comments:

Dexter said...

Good job helping the little bears live a better life.

I saw your outfits on Suzuki's bloggie for the big wedding. Very nice. I am sure the gals will get lots of dance partners with their alluring gowns.

Noah, you are quite the stud in a tux.

Slobbers,
Mango

cookie said...

Noah,
You wear your sign well. We hope the greedy bad man is run off, and the little bears can stay were they belong.

Cookie and crew

Inky and Molly said...

Good on ya for rallying and offering yourself to spare the koala. We are proud of you Noah. Let's hope the developer doesn't get through with his nasty plans. Let us know if we can support you in any way.

Karen Raye and Bentley Beargrass said...

Best wishes on all the keep Koala's cage less. Hopefully the Court will find it's humanity and conscience to do the right thing. Ya'll are great!

Thor and Jack said...

Good job Noah! I´m proud of you! Koalas deserve to be free!

xoxo,
Thor

Mason Dixie said...

Great job at the rally, I love your signs, looked like they were a big hit. =)

Lorenza said...

Good job, Noah! I am very proud of you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Charlie said...

Good job, Noah! We'd much rather pat you!!
- Charlie

Moco said...

We know that this will turn out well with you involved.

Stanley said...

Noah!

When I saw these photos on your mama's FB page my girl and I about died! We think you are such a rebel... and you wear it well.

If that official from Land & Environment had a chance to see you were one of the spokespups against the developer, I have no doubt they'd make the right decision!

Keep us posted, bud.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Twinkle a.k.a Chicken Little said...

We are so proud of you Noah!!!

River said...

Noah, you are a terrific crusader! I hope they literally SEE THE LIGHT and keep the koalas where they should be--in the wild not the basement.

love & wags,
River

Duke said...

Great job, Noah! We are very proud of the work that you're doing!
Mom wishes she could give you more than just a pat! You're such a handsome boy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Lucia said...

Ciao bello Noah!

Power to the Pupsters! Noah, la mia ragazza and I think you and D are doing eccellente work in defense of the koalas and are so proud of you both. What could potentially happen to the little bears is just wrong, wrong, wrong, so thank you for standing up for them.

Not only would we pat you, we'd give you a big hug and smoochies, too!!

Tanti baci!
Lucia

Pei In The Life said...

Wow, and ADVENTURE and a job, you've got it good Noah.

My Aunt and Uncle did tell me that they tried to go to your place and you were booked up. Guess they'll have to try again when Mom and Dad go and visit!

Good luck with your job! Sniff ya later!
Bolo
http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

Mack said...

They just can't do that to those koalas! Seems like animal cruelty to me.

We think you and your peeps are so great for protesting!

Persephone and Buster said...

WAY TO GO NOAH!!! we are so proud to know you and your pinkies. you look mahvelous w/your 'signage' -- i hope the creepy developer gets shut down again. maybe you should put him in a cage and let the people "pat" him.. heeehee.. i hope the next one presented w/his "idea" is a smart person. good luck we're rooting for you. GOOOOOOONOAH!
theBUSTER, Ms.Persephone & Ms.Blue

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Noah...there is nuthin' that I love better that to see you with a sign on your handsome back!! I'd love to zoom in there for a pat...Lacie giggles...the next comment will remain unsaid....

OHHHHHHH...HAPPIEST BARKDAY EVER, AUNTIE D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're sooooo sorry we're late with our heartiest terrier greeting...sounds like ya might be getting a new car soon...um well I HAD NUTHIN' TO DO WITH THAT.

Lacie rolls her eyes and sighs...she KNEW that hookin' her blender up to the car's battery probably wasn't one of her best ideas, but it had seemed so brilliant at the time...

I mean, Noah and I just borrowed the car and the girls wanted to come and it's not like we wanted smoothies...(Lacie's eye begins to twitch...a sure sign she's lyin'...) I mean we were good dogs and stopped at a water fountain and filled our dog bowls. (Lacie's eye now looks like it's seizing...) and well, um...I'm so glad B. is ok. Did you salvage anything from the car? (Lacie wants her blender back....)

Oh...I think I'll go and do my charity work today...(preserving her karma is almost a full time job...)

Love, Lacie

Noah...you better call or write me...I um had no idea....

Faya said...

Our paws are crossed....on espère qu'il aura du coeur pour les animaux....
Bisous, Faya

Astrid Keel said...

Yay for helping the koalas!!!

Fred said...

Kudos to you and your family for taking a creative stand on this important issue! I hope the ruling stands!

Nibbles Treats said...

You are a hero for helping the koalas. No animal deserves to live that way. Weren't you afraid of the person in the koala costume though? They looked kinda creepy.

Lots of treats,
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Hollie and Janie said...

Noah!
You are such a handsome do-gooder! Poor koalas! They are so lucky you have befriended them and are trying to keep them out of cages!!
Love,
Janie

Anonymous said...

hi im called muffin and i do a blog all about me which i want you to see.

you need to type in http://timetopartywithmuffin.blogspot.com

Deetz said...

Great Job!!! I think this is a wonderful thing you are doing and I have my paws crossed no koala's are caged and mistreated....
I am very proud of you and that was a clever sign you wore...very clever!!!
Deetzy Boy

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That is terrible. We sure are glad that you and your mom are willing to protest this travesty..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Eric said...

Smart thinking Noah. Let's hope those Enviroment dudes make the right decision.

Wiry paws crossed. Eric xxxx

TwoSpecialWires said...

Noah. You are a very handsome and very impressive spokesdog. We're hoping that's obvious to the Land and Environment Court - it oughtta be a no-brainer with you taking them the message. Keep up the good work. You make us feel proud to have such activist pals.

Jake and Fergi

Welcome To The Life Of Ezzy Rider And Jagger said...

Noah

You are one cool Airedale and so smart. I hope you got the word out. Good job.

Ezzy, Jag and Claire XX

Life With Dogs said...

What a great cause - well worth dressing up for!

Sherry said...

Koala fans here hope for further good news.
(Mom has a koala on a shelf but she won't let me bite it; she said it has already lost too much stuffing. --Miro)
Sherry, Alanis &Miro

Tenkiller Airedales said...

OMDawgness!! I'm reading your post to my Hooman Mommy as she is resting with a broken left foot. She is just shaking her head.... She wants to know what is wrong with people???? It really is a NO BRAINER....leave the bears alone!!!!! Good work Noah!

Aireslaps,
Blu Loo Loo and the tribe

Hero said...

You're a real hero, Noah! I hope things turn out well for those poor koalas.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Good for you to work so hard for a good cause. Hope it all turns out well in the end.

Woos, the OP Pack

tula monstah said...

way 2 go Noah! sometimes hoomans are ridiculous & greedy-- luv the slogan. hope all your efforts pay off!


kiss kisses,
tula

Lacy said...

w00fs Noah and girls...good job on helping those little guys..hope they tell those mean ole hoomans they can cage them..

b safe,
~rocky~

Agatha and Archie said...

Hee hee what a CLEVER sign you had on...Let's hope this all has a good ending..Love and kisses A+A

parlance said...

Noah, keep us updated as to whether there is anything we can do from Melbourne to help.

parlance said...

Noah, keep us updated as to whether there is anything we can do from Melbourne to help.

Princess Patches said...

Great job, Noah! Koalas are very cute...but no where near as cute as you! We sure hope they listen to your message!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Lenny said...

I am proud that you are my friend. I hope that the appeal does not work.

Your friend, Lenny

Guest Book

Followers