Thursday, October 16, 2008

Beard growing competition & an out of control walk

G'day Maties,

Well D & B finally got around to measuring our beards for Stanley's beard growing competition in memory of his mate Dovah Doo. I don't think we've got a chance this year. We found out about the competition the day after we had our aire-cuts......d'oh.... so poor Tess isn't going to enter because her beard was chopped right off....lol.

I Noah come in at 110mm, that = 4.3 inches


Little Willow comes in at 80mm which = 3.1 inches



And Lucy comes in at 70mm or 2.7 inches



I think we're going to need some special lotion to massage into our fur to get the beards to grow quickly.

Now, you've all seen videos of B taking us for a walk up the road. Usually when D takes the video we're all pretty well behaved. Well this is a video of what normally happens on our midday walk.....total chaos!!! Poor B was totally tangled in our leads.


Last of all we'd like to thank Orable & Charlie for awarding us the I Love Your Blog award. Thanks so much we are truly honoured.


tailwags

Noah xx

42 comments:

Finni said...

Yep, my beard had the chop just before measuring, never mind ...
Amazingly B seems totally unfazed by all the chaos and tangling up in the leads. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who gets excited and barking at the prospect of a walk!
Love
Finni xx

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Wow, you all have very long beards..even though it's been chopped off! I doubt that my beard is that long! LOL!

Regarding Mom buying lots of things from India, yes she did! In fact, she said if it wasn't that she was travelling with her colleague she wouldn't have been able to bring back a lot of the stuff she bought, coz her luggage was WAY over the allowed weight limit...LOL!

Hope you have a great week ahead!

Scottie

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Noah,
Hershey and I love to tangle our mom when we go for walkies.. I just love listening to all the HBO words!! Hehee..

Duke said...

Lookin' good, Noah! When you discover this magic beard lotion, let us know where you found it, okay?
You've all got poor B wrapped up in your leashes! hehehehe Mom says thank doG there are only 2 of us here and not 4!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Noah, Willow, Tess and Lucy -

Congratulations on your award. Isn't eating ice cream fun?

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Princess Patches said...

We just have to say that B is a very brave man to walk 4 Airedales all at once! At least you all got straightened out in the end! We hope you are feeling better, Noah!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

Good Luck in the Beard Contest...

Congrats on your Award...

Abby xxxooo

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

The wizard look is sooooo working!

Great airedale bondage shots too!!

Great spunky walk!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Noah!
Good luck in the contest. I would not have any chance :(
B has a hard job taking you to walk. You look so excited!
Congrats on your award!

Love and licks
Thor

Hero said...

Congrats on your award! Even though you all just had a hair cut your beards are still a very respectable length. I can't even grow a beard, just a mohawk and some serious sideburns.

Dexter said...

That is insane! Bitey face on walkies and all that jumping about. What a mess. Who is the one doing all the talkin?

I saw the photos of Lacie "nursing" you on her bloggy. Man, I hope you get better soon because that kind of care could scare a guy to death.

Slobbers,
Mango

Charlie Daniels said...

G'ay Noah

I'll have to get TBU to measure his before he trims it next time!

Sorry B. But My Bi-Peds couldn't help laughing watching the video! :-)

Cheers

Charlie

PeeEss: I went for a big walk today too!

Snowball said...

Hee... I think that how walkies can be made fun. It won't be as fun if you guys just walk nicely on leads right?

Luv,
Snowball

Mack said...

Wow - I am so jealous of your beard!

B seems like a very patient person!

Moco said...

Grammie is laughing out loud. B is a saint for not using HBO words during that walk. It just proves how much he loves all of you.

Faya said...

Oh poor B...
Kisses, Faya

BenTheRotti said...

OMD!!! I am laughing like a Hyena here!! Poor B.. how on earth did he not end up on the floor!? Mum would have been a heap with the four of you trampling her. I've been known to put her down with lead tangling tactics and there is only one of me!

That video was just hilarious!! Mum will probably now be reconsidering the whole furry sibling thing! BOL!

aawww shame you had the beards cut! maybe you could sit them in fertiliser overnight???

Love, licks and tailwags,

Ben xxxxx

Juno said...

ohhhh... poor B... having four leashes must be difficult but your walky looks fun! :)

After having a turkey, our mom tried to clean the turkey rack and it was VERY hard. She suggests to use a beer can next time. So your humans are smart to enjoy Beer Can Chicken without hussles ! :)

Momo & Pinot

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

I feel your pain guys. I, Sunny, had my face shaved with a 30 blade 7-8 weeks ago....I will try tho!!
It is a thouand wonders D is still alive after that walk! Y'all had him trussed up but good!!!
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Lacy said...

w00f's Noah and girls, heehee me gots to hurry and git me bread measured, sumthing tells me, i wont b the winner...congrats on ur award...charlie iz the sweetest, me loves her bloggie...

b safe,
~rocky~

Anonymous said...

Those are some cool beards!!!
Puppy Woos,
Cornelia Marie

William Tell said...

All your beards are quite nice in spite of the recent airecuts.

Noah, I hope you're feeling better now. I hate to see a good terrier kept down by aches.

Happy Tails,
William Tell

Lorenza said...

Hi, Noah!
Good luck at the contest!
The video is the story of "4 crazy Dales walked by only one human"?
Thanks for sharing it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

River said...

That is one wild and energetic walk! Nice beards, hurry up & grow!

love & wags,
River

Dewey Dewster said...

Wow....grab yer seats mates...that walkie is just like 4 super-sized Toby's on crack cocaine....tyin' up Brian like a calf bein' hog tied at a rodeo.....ya all are nuttier than Toby......

Hope Brian got ta have a stiff drink whe he got back home....

Dewey dewster here....

Girl Girl Hamster said...

You doggies have nice beard. I can't even grow my beard

~ Girl girl

The Black and Tans. said...

Hee hee, we thought B was going to be a gonna there for sure.

Happy weekend to you all.

Molly and Taffy xx

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

You asked if we received your entry for Autobiography Week...

We sure did...It's been alot of fun putting this together...There are sooo many great stories...

Abby xxxooo

Cassidy said...

NIce work on the beards! Harry has a stinky beard after his poorly mouth, yuck!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Simba and Jazzi said...

Hi Noah,

the boat is a few miles from Windsor castle. We live 20 min from central London. Although taking a car into London takes longer. Have a great weekend.

Simba x

Petra said...

OK, I am impressed with 2 things: the length of your beards (woo!) and that your dad doesn't trip all over you on your walk.

I LOVED the walk video!

Amber-Mae said...

Noah, nice slimy beard! Man, you guys are sooo excited during your walk. I think my Mommy will go nuts!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Deetz said...

I look at the card you sent us everyday. I just love looking at all your beautiful faces.
Noah, I sure hope you are feeling better. I worry about you
Deetzy

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Wow and Heeler's don't grow beards.. Maybe we need an ear contest? Callie would win that paws down..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Eric said...

Ha,ha, that video wmade me hoot with laughter...did Brian measure his arms after that walk, I think they may have been longer at the end of it than at the begining!!!

Wags, Eric x

OOh and fab to see you got some ice cream. Tell D you need in a cone next time.!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We are taking really good care of mom. Louie lays next to her, Callie lays at her feet and I keep my eyes open for intruders...
Thanks for your well wishes...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Rudy said...

Mom had to laugh -- she's had the same problems with walking the 4 of us outside, that's why she and Dennis built that backyard fence. She's never seen us do bitey-face though.
B is very patient!


Rudy

Southbaygirl said...

wow...what's a beard? I don't have one. I think yours are long!!

Velcro

Katie and Gizmo said...

Hi, Noah, Willow, Tess and Lucy.

Do you get a special treat for whoever has the longest beard?

Hope you had a great fun filled weekend.

Lickz
Gizmo

Agatha and Archie said...

Ha Ha!! THat was a bit if a tie up!!! PL2 shudders to think of she had to do it..she can barely do us!! We have been catching up and are glad you finally got ice cream.... isn't it lovely?? As for your beard?? Archie was out this year too cuz his got all chopped off too before the contest......Archie wishes you lived closer so you and he could go for shorter walks together( and discuss world matters) Love and kisses A+A

Chef said...

Oh kids!! Mama's falling off her chair laughing. What did you do to poor B? I thought he was going to topple right over there for a moment! What was all the excitement about?? Oh and we just loved your four little bums lined up like that.

Love ya!
xox
Chef

erin said...

Oh, I can't wait till I get a sister so that we can tangle up my girl in our leashes too! My favorite thing to do on walkies right now is to see how many obstacles I can get her to walk around. I lead her around trees and signs and light poles. It's so funny because she has a little fit every time she has to get off the sidewalk to go around one of these things.
Woof,
Keeley

Guest Book

Followers