Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My visit to the vet

G'day Maties,
First of all I just want to thank everyone for the well wishes, prayers and paw crossing. I'm sure it's helping. As for Lacie and Asta, well their help has been pawesome. We were a little concerned about the cord on Lacie's blender but thankfully the house didn't catch fire and all is well apart from a few scorch marks on the carpet. Anyway Asta had a fire escape plan at the ready and we've already had 2 fire drills today.

Yesterday B & D took me to see my vet Stephen. They described all my crazy symptoms to him. Then he did a couple of basic neurological tests on me as well as watching me run up and down the driveway to determine the co-ordination in my back legs. In typical fashion I was as right as rain while there. He did notice that my left leg was a bit slower and didn't rise as high as my right but then that could have been from birth. B says that my slowness is not restricted to my leg as I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed...................I don't know what me means!

Anyhoo, Stephen has taken me off my previcox and has put me on a mild steroid medication for 1 week which I start tomorrow (Thursday). He seems to think that the root of my pain may be from a pinched nerve or there may be some swelling which is putting pressure on the nerve. If I'm still very sore after the week is up I will have to have an MRI and see a specialist down in Sydney. So we are keeping our paws and fingers crossed that this is the solution to my problem.

Then there is my new magnetic bed which B ordered for me last week. Not that they have much faith in magnets but it's a very comfy bed. Lucy's already tried to have a go at it.....silly cow!





Ok enough medical stuff. Here is our video for today. It shows me and my sissies hanging in the kitchen. They're obviously scrounging for food and being their naughty selves. I'm just stuck in the middle of the commotion.



I'll let you know how I get on with the steroids. Take care and we hope you're having a great week.

tailwags

Noah

46 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Your new magnetic bed looks pawsome. I'm sure it'll make you better Noah. :)

~ Girl girl

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a fun bunch of puppies!

I hope woo feel better with the magikh bed and pills!!

BTW, woo 'dales are a pretty sharp bunch - did you see about the 'dale that made its way bakhk to the house AFTER being in a khar akhcident weeks later? Pretty freakin' impressive!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Princess Patches said...

Noah, we sure hope the steroids work for you! You are one crazy bunch of pups. We thought it was crazy around HERE with 3 of us...maybe we need a 4th Aire-head! Somehow, I think our dad would throw us ALL out if we got another one!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Noah

Do Magnets and Steeleroids work together? I bet you don't roll off the blanket in the middle of the night! ;-)

Cheers

Charlie

PeeEss: Seriously, I hope you find an answer soon.

Eduardo said...

I'm going to snuggle for you & my Mommy is going to pray for you!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Asta said...

Noah
You awe as oosooal , a model patient..those excewcises we'we doing on youw new magnetic bed should help you enouwmously, along wif the stewoids and Lacie's magic smoofies. Honestly, that giwl , and hew blendew, but you must admit, the wowld is wosiew wif hew awound
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Willow the Black Dale said...

Noah....I am so sawry you are not feeling good. That stinks....kind of like my boy after blahball practise....and that is bad!!!
Paws are crossed here and prayers are going to the big guy.
We have missed you and the girls.
Hey...mommy wants to know who has the white paws!!!! She thinks they are cute!!!
love,
Willow

The Black and Tans. said...

Hello Noah

How on earth do you cope with all those girls??? I have to stand back and admire you.

Taffy.

Noah

I hope the steroids and Lacie's administrations help you to get better very soon.

Molly x

Molly and Gertrude said...

Awww - poor Noah. You looked a bit confused there stuck amidst your niosy sissies! We thought the barking was very interesting indeed and wished we could have joined in. We've got out paws crossed for you that you don;t need to go for further tests - sorry to hear that you are still not better. That bed looks pretty special though - hope it helps. xxxxxx

Jake of Florida said...

Hey Noah,

We've been out of touch for a few weeks 'cause Mom had a sick computer -- so we just learned about your vet visits and tests.

We're sending you lots of get well wishes and hope the steroids will help. One of our airedale pals found that he peed more than usual and had less control when he was on a steroid -- so -- if you don't mind some man to man advice -- perhaps suggest to your Mom that you might need a belly band or something to avoid embarrassing moments.

Woofs, matey!!!

Jake and Just Harry

Mack said...

Noah,
I sure hope you are feeling better today! Let us know how you are doing on the new meds.

Lacy said...

w00f's Noah and girls, me iz glad dat nursies asta and lacie iz helping u...it shoodnt take anytime to git u all better...me has gots me paws crossed and u iz in mamas prayers...git well soon my friend...

b safe,
~rocky~

Deetz said...

I am so excited to see you are feeling better and I sure hope the medicine works and you never have to go back to the vets again, unless of course, it is for snackies. My mum showed me the card you all personally put together for us....I cried with joy from my heart. I wish mum wasn't so busy at work right now cuz she really wants to post about it. We wanted to take the time, though and thank you from the bottom of our hearties.
Deetzy & Family

River said...

I hope the pills help you feel better and walk better. You need to keep up with all those girls--they look wild!

love & wags,
River

Katie and Gizmo said...

Hey Noah, glad that it's nothing too serious.

So what's the deal with this magnetic bed thing. Are you supposed to stick to it or something like a magnet? Don't the humans know we Dogs aren't magnetic? Silly humans!

*Love&Licks*
Gizmo

Dexter said...

Noah! I hate thinking about you with the sickies. Hope they can figure things out. Momma had an MRI and they gave her headphones to listen to music. Make sure you choose a good station.

Slobbers,
Mango

Chef said...

Noah, I sure hope the pills and your funny bed help you. I want to see you tap dancing around the kitchen with those silly sisters of yours! I love watching all of you on your videos. Mama thinks you're just the cutest dogfamily!!

xoxo
Chef

Kirby said...

Hi Noah,

I'm feeling bad that you are still hurting. I know that it's no fun at all. I sur hope your vet figures it out soon, so you'll feel better!! I think that new Magnet bed of yours is super cool! You'll have to review it for us all. Good luck with those CRAZY girls. You are like the calm in the storm. Craziness all around you and you are all sweet and calm. He he!

Your pal,
Kirby

P. said...

Noah,
You are so much better behaved then all those sissies of yours! Heehee! That magnetic bed looks wonderful, though I'd probably have to chew on it a bit if it weres mine.

I hope your new medicines work for you, keep us updated!

Tail Wags,
Shadie.

Thor and Jack said...

Noah
I sure hope the pills help you to get better soon! I´m keeping my paws crossed!

Love and licks
Thor

Lizzy said...

Noah!

Magnets are actually very good for sore and stiff muscles. I hope your magnetic bed will help! It looks very comfy!

Get better soon, my friend!

Sparky

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee Noah...

Hope the steroids work ta help ya feel better....now the sounds of the four of ya barkin' in yer kitchen are just plain somethin'....don't ya hurt B&Ds ears with so much racket? 'N then there's the weight of the four of ya runnin' around barkin'...what are ya ....between 45 and 65 pounds times 4....wowee hurts my head just thinkin' about it.....

Get well Noah !!!!

Dewey Dewster here....

Moco said...

We will keep you in the circle of healing vibes. Hopefully this steroid treatment and magnetic bed work.
Those girls are wild. They could be in that video: Girls Gone Wild.

Urban Smoothie Read said...

i hope the medication and magnetic bed can help ease your pain and wish u a speedy recovery

Urban Smoothie Read said...

i hope the medication and magnetic bed can help ease your pain and wish u a speedy recovery

Duke said...

Our paws are crossed that the steroids and magnetic bed help you out, Noah!
You look a lot like me in that video the way you head-butt the girls and just kinda push them out of your way!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Finni said...

Hey Noah,
Hope those steroids make you feel better quickly! It's good to see you holding your own with those noisy sisters of yours :) Keep that tail wagging!
Love
Finni xx

Caz and Ludo the cool dude said...

Bramble had steroid injection he went every week for 4 weeks and then the steroid would last for six months.
They really worked well.

Hopw yours is doing the job.
The bed looks cool dont put it next to the fridge as all the magnets will stick to it.

Ludo the cool dude.

Agatha and Archie said...

WEll we have been out of touch as well and didn't know you were haveing more leggie problems...Your new bed looks pawsome and maybe you should drink more of lacies smoothies. We think it sounds like a pinched nerve....We have all of our paws crossed really tightly.....Love and a million kisses A+A

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

I like your new bed...It looks really comfy...

Hope you feel better really soon...

Abby xxxooo

Crikit, Sparky, Ginger! said...

Noah! oh we so sorry you not feeling 100% but wow nice way to get them meds. Make sure you never eat walnuts cos they paralyzed my back legs fur awhile. Oh wish I could try your magnet bed

love yous ~ Crikit

Snowball said...

Noah, I foresee that there is going to be a big hole in B and D's pocket. a MRI for a dog my size here in Singapore cost SGD1200 before GST. I wonder how much it will cost for you over in Oz.

I love your video. It always nice to see siblings playing together. Love the way Miss White paws stamp her feet.

Luv,
Snowball

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Noah...now just hold still...I have my special Lakie Linament to rub on your joints...it's a fab mixture of really stinky mud, dried herbs, Mango slobber, goat cheese and menthol...between this and the steroids, you should be feelin' fab...um...bout those steroids...I suggest you put ur basket a tiny bit closer to the door to the garden or we might be moppin' at night!!!

BTW, we're havin' a Halloween Party in London...we should have you fixed up enought to travel!!!

Barkies...Laciegirl

Tell D. that I had to boil a few of those stinky fish you guys eat for the next batch of Lakie Linament...frankly, the worse it smells the more potent it is....

Rudy said...

I wonder if my doggie mom would stick to a magnetic bed -- she's got a plate in her back leg. That might be fun to watch!

Hope you get better soon!

Rudy

Lorenza said...

Hi, Noah!
I hope your new bed and the meds work well for you!
Paws crossed!
Thanks for sharing the video! Looks like everyone had lots of fun!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Joe Stains said...

I sure hope the steroids work out for you and help. We are still sending healing vibes but you are in good hands with those nurses you've got!

i said...

That's one cool magnetic bed you've got there! Keeping paws crossed the steroids work for you, Noah! You'll be in our thoughts.

Simba and Jazzi said...

Love the new bed. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Simba x

Alf said...

Hey Noah - that bed must be comfy if D is trying to muscle in on it! You look stunned at the noise they are making! Who's the ring leader - I reckon it could be Lucy or Tess!!!!

Pinky loves your collar Noah - looks v. trendy!

Keep taking the meds and hope they work o.k.

Alf and Mindy xx

Asta said...

Noah
I hope that last smoofie of Lacie's didn't welax you too much..you wewe like jello when I was massaging you .
The twouble is it weaws off, and sometimes you'we wowsew offf..pleez let me know how I can adjust youw tweatment
smoochi ekisses
ASTA

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Noah, I'm sending my healing vibes, keeping my paws crossed for you.
I don't mind taking medicine with sausage, hehe. And if I had pretty nurses massaging me, I don't want to get well too soon, matie.
Please come to my blog to pick up your award, choose your favorite one, it's my pleasure to pass it onto you.
Cheers!

George the Pup said...

Oh Noah, I didn't know you were feeling poorly - I've been gone a while. I hope that your new medication and magnet bed helps lots!

Mommy and I also wanted to say thank you so much for the thoughts about my Granddaddy. It' been difficult, but all the kind words have helped - thank you. We're sorry for your loss too, loosing a Daddy and Granddaddy sure is tough.

George and Mommy

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

We hope the new meds help Noah. Our Mom once got a magnet knee brace-it made her hurt worse(she is a strange one tho). Course now she has a metal knee, so I guess it would just hang on to her-ha. Soo-between the bed and the meds, hope you get set right soon.
It is rather, uh-boisterous around there, hu? BOL (Add Lacie to the mix-whhoooeee!)
Hugs,
Sunny
pee ess
hay noah, scooter here. i feel yer pain man. mi nek is bothrin me still. oh. um, yeh. thoze steroyd pilz make me pee lotz!!
Hi 5s
Scooter

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

It sounds like it might be good news but we will keep our paws crossed until you get news from the specialist...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

The Zoo Crew said...

So sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. Mom hasn't let us on the computer lately, so we're way behind :( Hope the magnetic bed and steroids help you to feel better in no time!

Willow

Southbaygirl said...

A magnetic bed? How cool! Did it feel different? Was it comfy? Is it working? We sure do hope the steroids work for you!!!

Velcro

Guest Book

Followers