Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday morning at Wenty Falls Lake

G'day blogging maties,
We were in for a rare treat this morning. We didn't have any B&B guests in last night so the pinkies had the morning off. They decided to take us all to Wentworth Falls Lake. It was a glorious morning. The ducks were out and a few other people with their dogs. We had a great morning and we got to cool off in the lake.

What's that Lucy, you're feeling a bit off colour? heck.


Och oh I think something's coming up.....watch out!!!!


Eeeeeoooooo good grief Lucy. That's gross but we'll eat it anyway.

I spot some ducks over there. Let me at em!!!

Where are you looking Willow? Oh right there in front of my nose.

They've just built a new kiddie climbing apparatus in the shape of a pirate ship so we thought we'd test it out. Willow was a bit freaked out so B had to carry her on. Yep it's airedale friendly.

Oh it's not too bad up here. Where's that treat?

Now here's your lesson for the day. Wentworth Falls Lake was created by the damming of Jamison Creek to supply water for the steam railway. The Lake is now home to native and introduced waterfowl, native fish such as Gudgeons, and water bugs including freshwater crayfish, freshwater shrimp and dragonfly nymphs. It is also a popular picnic spot, with barbecue facilities and children’s play equipment. It also provides water for the fire fighting helicopters during bushfires.

Have a great weekend buddies.

Noah Willow Tess & Lucy signing off from Wenty Falls Lake

47 comments:

Cassie said...

How much fun is that?! You 3 look like real pirates.Watch out Johny Depp! Come on over to our Mommy's blog to pick up an award. XO-BabyRocketDog & Hootie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I hope woo are staying khool down there!

It looks like woo had lots and lots of fun!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Mason Dixie said...

that ship is awesome, if only you guys had bandannas on!! Wish I could swim with you. =)

Eduardo said...

What a awesome lake! & thats a cool ship!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Aaaargh me hearties, you look like pirates on that ship! That last photo should be frames, it's so cool!
Looks like a fun day :o)
Slobbers xx

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

Looks like you had a great day at the lake...

Isn't it fun when the humans have a day off...

Abby xxxooo

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my...I so wish it were hot enuff here now that we would even think of coolin' off!!! We haven't seen our grass since Christmas...

Oh Noah...we are so grateful to you for another hoki video....they have reached cult followin' status in our house...the boyz and I get our popcorn and crack up at the four of you eatin' that frozen fish...bet you all smell like kitties when you're done, don't ya?????

There's just somethin' disturbin' bout how fast you eat them too...we've watched it at least
837 times, but the end is always the same...they're all gone.

I bet these videos will still be followed by hundreds of dogs in decades to come....

Oh...I noticed that B. only had 4 fillets. I'm plannin' on stoppin' by this weekend...you wouldn't happen to have another around would ya?????

Barkies, my sweet Noah....

Little Laciegirl

Go Steelers...

Oh, BTW, Mumsie isn't speakin' to Stanny...and he's the "perfect" dog. Not any more!!!!!!!!

Joe Stains said...

Looks like a great way to spend your Saturday! The climbing thing looks fun for big dogs, but I'd hate to see Tanner on that thing.

Anonymous said...

Must have been a stinkin hot day, just like over here in NZ :) Have a nice weekend maties!!

Josh and Jess

Persephone and Buster said...

wow noah... you have warm air and water that's not frozen....and a pirate ship??? way cool. we have snow...ice...very very cold air...it's been below our ZERO...which is your -26.1 C.....we now know we can walk on snow (it froze and there's an inch of ice on it)...it's sort of like ice skating on hills...our toenails help us not slip -- to much. we want to run and jump and play and it's dangerous because of the silly ice... we'll just visit you and your warm weather blog..
enjoy,
theBUSTER, Ms.Persephone & Ms.Blue too!

The Musketeers said...

you guys looks like you had lots of fun !

Lorenza said...

Sure it was great your pinkies had the day off and they took you all there!
You look great in that pirate ship!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dewey Dewster said...

I can tell ya that we'd love ta trade places with ya right now....we got more of that cold white stuff 'n we're gettin' more again over the weekend....ya call crayfish 'n shrimp waterbugs there????? we call 'em food here.....

Dewey Dewster here....

Terra said...

Looks like you all had a great time swimming!! We were going to go swimming today too, but the Hoomies slept in and by the time we could have gone it was too hot already!

~ Jedi & Ahsoka ~

Unknown said...

Ahoy Mates!
I love Lucy's Alligator impression! Nice fangs and snapping motion!

You three dales look like a new species native to the lake, the bearded ducks. What a fun day!

Oh yes.. there is 2 Stowes. I don't live near the skiing destination of Stowe but the Stow MA location is known for many apple orchards. Apple picking country in the fall.

Norwood

Bogart H. Devil said...

Awesome multi-Dale photos!!!!!!

Keep cool - I hear that it's awfully hot in Australia these days!!!!

You can come up anytime and get some of the coldness here in Portland :)

Love,
Bogart

Stanley said...

Hey, Leuradales!

Glad your pinkies had the day off to take you to the lake! You guys look like you all had a blast in the water and on the pirate ship! I love those photos of 3 of you peeking out from the ship's railing.

I DID notice too that B is wearing his lovely dark colored socks with his shorts! WAY TO GO, man! Score one for goober fashion sense! Give him a big goober smooch for making us chuckle.

Goober love,
Stanley

Faya said...

..... Oh I miss the sun and the warm weather....
The last picture is priceless ! Just beautiful !
Have a nice week-end, Kisses, Faya

Moco said...

Nothing like a little grossness to bring out the best in a weekend. That looks like a fun place to visit.

Amber-Mae said...

Gosh! Lucy looks wicked!!!!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Nibbles Treats said...

What a fun day! We wish it was warm out so we could go on adventures too. We have too much snow on the ground and the temperature is still way too cold for fun outside. Love the picture of the three of you on the playground equipment!

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Rudy said...

What a great time you had in the water! I love water; I can't wait to try getting into some that's deeper than that baby pool Mom has on the deck when it's warm.

Mom doesn't think the veggies still in the garden are going to survive all this cold, but they're not dead yet. We'll see how they are in the spring..

Love,
Rudy

Duke said...

How nice that you got to cool off!
You guys look like you're having so much fun on that kiddie climbing apparatus!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Georgeous said...

What a great walk!!
I loved the pirate ship pics, yo all kinda look cute in pink.
Why are pirates called pirates??
......'cos they Arghhhh
George

Asta said...

Noah
Wenty Falls looks bootiful and how gweat that youw pinkies wewe able to take all of you..is Lucy OK??
I love that pictoowes of you on that kiddie mewwygo wound thingy..I'm so glad you'we having such a fab day
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Eric said...

Haaa, the photo's of you all at the kiddie park is stonking hilarious! Looks like you all had a great day. Jeepers though, we saw how hot it was in the land of Oz tonight and all the fires there are. Hope it's not near you pals and that the lake water wasn't needed for the bush fires? Stay cool pals.

Worried wags, Eric xx

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Noah
What a beautiful walkie you had! That lake and the pirate ship look like a lots of fun!

Love
Thor

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That looks like a great day you had, but of course, I would not go in the water because I don't like to get my furs wet. You look so cute, all 3 of you together!
--JB

Finni said...

Aah yes, Nelly is a puker too, but I'm not allowed to eat it so she has to eat it herself.
Good to see you guys cooling down in the lake - we heard it's over 40 degrees down under your way! Great group photo!
Love
Finni & Nelly xx

Hollie and Janie said...

A'hoy Maties,
Yall look so precious on the pirate ship. What a nice way to cool off and spend the day with your pinkies!
Love,
janie

Katie and Gizmo said...

Hi Noah, Tess, Willow and Lucy,

What a fun place to go and it's dog friendly too. You don't find many of those places around.

You look like you all had a fun time.

Hugz
Gizmo

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Wow you got to go to the lake too. That is so great. We love the picture of you all on the toys..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Kirby said...

What a gorgeous lake! That looked like a super morning spent there. What in the world was Lucy coughing up? Yet, I would have checked it out too. Can't help myself. I just love your pirate ship playlot. Too bad I don't like close enough to come over and play.

Your pal,
Kirby

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a cool outing!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Hugs,
Sitka

Lacy said...

w00f's Pups, whatt a day of fun u all had...its fun just to git away fur awhile...

b safe,
~rocky~

Islay said...

The water's the place to be in this heat! Have a great week and stay cool!

licks
-Charlie

Islay said...

The water's the place to be in this heat! Have a great week and stay cool!

licks
-Charlie

Bae Bae said...

That sure is very fun. Did you doggies play pirates on that kiddy boat?

~ Bae

Simba and Jazzi said...

looks like you had a great weekend.

Simba and Jazzi xx

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh my, your weather looks so good.

We have heavy snow this morning and blizzards, it is freezing on the old b*m outside I can tell you all.

lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Wow, the lake looks AWESOME! And you all looked like you had so much fun playing in the water and on the playground! Wish I was there too...*grins* Hope you had a great weekend, and have a great week ahead!

Scottie

Caz and Ludo the cool dude said...

When we were watching the news it said the weather with you is really hot bush fires and everything.
I hope you can cope with the heat.The lake looked so cool and inviting.We can't wait for the good weather to come and then the back door will be left open all day and we can go in ant out when we like. Its cold here and we have had snow, not as much as normal though.

Glad you had a great day out and im sure Bryan and Daz had a good well deserved morning off.

ludo the cool dude.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You all would be great playing with us in the water..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Noah~Come see our new blog! Momma finally decided we deserve our very own blog-space.Yippee! XX-BabyRocketDog & Hootie

Chef said...

I almost forget what warm air and a lake are. All we have is ice and snow. Please come and get me and take me to Wentworth Park!! It looks like so much fun...

xoxox
Chef

Huskee and Hershey said...

Ahhhh... Shark!!
Looks like you all had a great time at the park...

erin said...

Looks like a lot of fun! And wow, that last picture is super cute!
Woof,
Keeley

Guest Book

Followers