Monday, February 23, 2009

No internet for 4 days......sigh

G'day blogging maties

Sorry we haven't been by to visit you lately. We've had big problems with our phone line and internet connection since last Thursday and it has only just been fixed today. D was going crazy being forced to read the newspaper and watch telly. She even came on a few extra walks with us. It is very difficult living with a human who has become internet dependent especially when there is no internet, let me tell you!

Opy kindly kept us up to date on Bogart's dad. We've been thinking about them constantly over the last week. We haven't stopped sending aire-zen or crossing our paws since we heard the sad news. We're just so glad Bogart was able to visit the ICU to see his dad. Those nurses there are so understanding. It's gotta be a good thing right!

We've had lots of rain over the weekend. It's hard to believe that down in Victoria they are still fighting those major fires. We heard today that they are evacuating people from their homes because the threat from these fires is still high in certain parts (the Yarra Valley). Paws crossed they don't lose anymore people & animals. The human death toll to date is 209.

Well that's all for today maties. We're going to make a big effort and play catch up on all your blogs over the week but for now I leave you with a video of Willow & myself having a play in the backyard.

tailwags

Noah xx

51 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

Noah....my mom couldn't survive without the internet! Aren't hoomans silly!!

I'm glad you guys are getting rain but I wish it was raining where the fires are!! mom and I feel so sad!

I hope you all have had a great weekend!!

Velcro

Katie and Gizmo said...

Hi Noah, we didn't have the internet over the weekend either because mum used up the download allowance with only 2 days left to go and so we were slowed down to modem speed which was pathetic so we did other stuff over the weekend instead.

So glad you got some rain there, I wish we did too but sadly didn't :-(

Catch up with you again soon

Hugz
Gizmo

i said...

Think all our humans are the same when it comes to the internet.

Wouldn't it be great if the rain hits the bushfire areas? Still praying for them.

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Noah,
It's amazing how humans become so dependent on technology! Our mom left her cellphone at home once when she went to work and she claims that she 'suffered' (?!!).. And when the internet connection in our house went kaput, she moaned even louder.
Us doggies are way smarter... we have our trusty pee-mail!! Heehee..

Bae Bae said...

I'm glad your internet is ok now.
I'm keeping my paws crossed for Bogart's dad to get better too

~ Bae

Ruby said...

Ahh, so that's it. There was a strange silence coming from Leura - we wondered what was happening to keep you guys off line.

The rain's been good, we were very dry around here.

cheers,
Ruby

Duke said...

Our mom would have been freaking out too without the internet, Noah!
Our paws remained crossed for Bogie's dad! Maybe the music will provide the breakthrough that we've all been praying for?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dexter said...

I am so relieved that you have been spared from those fires and that you have some rain now.

I always love watching the dale action at your place.

Slobbers,
Mango

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

We missed you...Glad you have your internet back...

We are still praying for Bogart's Dad, too...

Abby xxxooo

Thor and Jack said...

My humans are internet dependent too! :(
Keeping paws crossed and prayers for Bogart´s Dad!
I love watching you in action, pals!

Love,
Thor

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Oh isn't it terrible being stuck with a human with no internet?! Our Mum lost her connection for nearly 2 weeks a while back....drove us barking mad! Glad yours is fixed now :o)
Hoping and praying that they get those fires put out soon, also have everything crossed for Bogart and his folks :o!
Your video is sooo cute BTW!
Slobbers xx

Aki and Poopie said...

we're sorry to hear about the prob with the inernet.. bit arent we all slaves to technology? we are just gald that you are still able to get constant updates about Bogie and the condition there.

we hope everything gets better by March!

drooly kisses,

Aki

Nibbles Treats said...

Glad you're back. We missed your posts. :-)

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

I know how that feels. It's no fun when you don't have internet for so long!

DogsDeserveFreedom

Joe Stains said...

Our internet broke for like an hour last night and I thought Mom was going to lose her mind, I can't imagine if it broke for DAYS.

We are sending all our healing vibes to Bogart's Dad too.

Hollie and Janie said...

Your poor mum having no internet! I am so happy that Bogart is getting to visit his dad! We are praying for his miracle, too!!
Love,
janie

Petra said...

Your tailwags make me smile! Have a happy Monday!

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Noah & girls, SO glad you're back. We understand D feeling blue about having to watch tv! But the more walking part sounds great. Our mamma is already wondering just how she will survive when she gets back to N.Idaho and has to go downtown to use the library Wi-fi since we don't have a landline there!! She'll just have to read & not comment. Love the video. Feel like we are there with you. Smooches from pooches,BabyRD & Hootie

Amber-Mae said...

Stoopid internet connection! I'm glad it's okay now.

Butt sniffs,
Solid Gold Dancer

Fred said...

Glad for the rain! And what fun you're having in the video!

Asta said...

Noah
I'm sowwy I haven't visited in a while eithew..We get so caught up in stuff, and Mommi is still feeling wonky..all ouw thoughts have been wif Bogie's Dad and the poow fiwe victims and in between we keep heawing of othews in need..it's howwible..I wish I could have the powew to fix evewyone's sowwows
I loved watching you and willow play..it's yucky , cold and windy hewe..I'm vewy boowed
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Allison Walton said...

We haz been keeping all of woo Down Underz in arr thoughts.

We had no power in September when a hurricane came throo. Daddee was gowing crazee!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Eric said...

Noah, I'm glad it's coole for you all but hope those fires are out soon. And I'm barking loud for poor Bogarts Dad...but how smart of those nurses to let him in.

Wiry wags, Eric xx

Unknown said...

Nice to hear from you! I agree, no internet but only telly is no fun. Hmmm if you don't mind, I 'd like to join you in the afternoon romp in the backyard.

Fires! that's incredible so many fatalities. We are keeping our paws crossed for bogart's dad.

Norwood

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I sooo know your pain!

The khable modem was out here fur a few days...at least the dial up worked but that was like watching paint dry...or having pins stukhk in her eyeballs!

NOW, she's got a khrakhkberry but still twitches too often!

I'm glad woo are safe down there!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I hate it when the internets does not work. Missed you guys!
Those fires have been just terrible.
--JB

Lorenza said...

Hi, Noah!
My mom can live without internet at her work but at home?? that is another story!
Glad you got yours back!
I have my paws crossed for Bogart's Dad!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Agatha and Archie said...

WE shudder to think what PL1+2 would do without their internet.....it wouldn't be pretty...WE love you guys!! Love A+A

Dewey Dewster said...

It's funny how ya get get ta depend on somethin' that wasn't even used all much 10 years ago....how did we ever live without it????

Why, me, Mom 'n Toby have learned so much about other parts of the world....'n other doggies....'n their families too....

Why we're hopin' it only gets better....

Have a great week !!!!

Dewey Dewster here....

Twinkle a.k.a Chicken Little said...

Its good that the evil internet back to normal, we gone crazy without internet too.


slurpy licks,
Twinkle

Snowball said...

When is the bush fire in Victoria going to stop. I hope this will come to an end very soon.

We are having lots of rain here too. I went to the beach again but can't swim because of the rain. I hope god would send the rain to Victoria to help stop the fire.

We are praying for Bogarts dad too. Hope he get well soon.

Luv
Snowball

Stanley said...

Noah,

Glad you're back online and thanks for letting us know the update on the fires. We were hoping the evacuations were over.

And, thanks for that video. You are playing like a little puppy boy and your tail is waggin' overtime. Willow looks like she's feeling well again, and ready to play some hide & seek with you!

We're still pouring on the Airezen, prayer and working the mojo for Bogart's dad. Glad we all have each other to help with hanging tough.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Princess Patches said...

We're glad you're back! I'm afraid they would have to come and take our mom away in a straight jacket if our intersnet was down for more than about 2 minutes. She's on it about 1,425,465,654 times a day! We're glad you are safe from the fires and we sure wish they would get them all put out!

We are still praying and crossing our paws for Bogie's dad!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

the Corgi Girls said...

Rain equals... MUD?

:o)

Unknown said...

G'day
I hope it stopped raining! Any more signs of that possum you flushed out? The weather warmed up enough that the skunks are back out. I keep running into 2 local skunks. My mom keeps me on a leash so I don't need extra strength mango madness.

Wags,
Norwood

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

My Mom goes mad without the Internet too! LOL! I guess humans can be a bit weird sometimes, but I have to admit, without the Internet, I wouldn't be able to meet so many friends from around the world! Imagine how much time I need to actually go around the world and meet my friends personally to get to know them...LOL!

It's good to hear rain is coming! I hope it continues and will be able to put out the bushfires...it's really sad to see those poor people & animals without their homes!

Scottie

Kirby said...

Noah, oh, I understand. Mom hates when the internet won't work, and 4days without it, wow, don't know how the pinkies survived it! I'm so glad to see you back up and blogging.
I hope you don't get too much rain, mud and Airedales are not a good combo (according to mom). I do hope the rain heads further south and gives those dry areas some relief.

Your pal,
Kirby

Moco said...

You had a good time playing in the yard without the internet. Good to have you back.

Persephone and Buster said...

Let's hope those fires stay out of NSW! We're on pins and needles hoping there's no more carnage in Victoria.

Guess everyone's back from NZ? Our primate dad had to meet with a bunch of students just back from Aukland yesterday--they desperately want to go back! The snow does not amuse them...

Hope all's well in the Blue Mts...

Cheers,

Buster, Sephie & Bailey

Chef said...

Oh Noah, tell me about it. My Mama's so addicted to her computer - blog, Facebook, emails, graphics, research - when our connection is down, she goes into withdrawal!

We're praying for Bogart's dad too and are amazed that the nurses were sensitive to the fact that bringing Bogart into the ICU could really help Klaus.

We didn't know that the fires are still burning. Just today someone at work told Mama that the fires are all out. Hoping for the best for that one too.

Bye for now.

xoxo
Chef

parlance said...

No internet!!! How did she survive? I shudder at the thought.

By the way, I'd say how about sending us some of your rain, but we sort of don't want rain because it will mess up the back-burning. It's a bit hard to know what to pray for!

NESSA the hovawart said...

Hi, Noah, finally you're back. My mommy would go nuts without her morninig reading my pals posts..sometime she does that without me...
Glad you are OK.,
lots of love,
Nessa

Caz and Ludo the cool dude said...

sorry to hear your interent was down its sooooooooo annoying.Ive not been around for a while myself life seems so busy at the mo but will try to keep intouch and read more blogs. Thanks for keep writing on mine though.

Ludo the cool dude

Unknown said...

Hi Noah and the girls!

We've sure missed you! And so glad you've been sprung from the kennels and are back home having a good romp. Thanks for the birthday greetings!

Your pal,

Petey

Life With Dogs said...

4 days without? Noooooo!!!!!!!

Welcome back :)

Rudy said...

That is horrible, 4 days without the Web! Mom gets antsy if she misses her morning email... noon email... afternoon email... you get the picture!

BTW I missed someone on my True Colors post; our turtle roommate Suzy! She is maaaaad at me... how am I going to make it up to her?

Love,
Rudy

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Are they getting any rain where the fires are? That certainly would be a God send..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Juno said...

Hello, Noah,Willow, Lucy and Tess. We missed you guys! We scrolled up and down to try to get caught up everything we can. :) We enjoyed watching the videos from Sydney & Auckland where our mom's best friend had lived for a few years.

OMD, our humans can't survive without internet!! While we were at the hotel, we heard about the fire in your country. Hope we won't hear any more bad news about it.

ohhhhh yes, we still have a bit of snow left on the streets. We can't wait spring!!

Momo & Pinot

The Zoo Crew said...

Just stopping by to say hello!!! Hope everyone is doing well :)

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We have our paws crossed that they get those nasty fires out really soon.. Sure glad you are all safe..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Unknown said...

HI Noah!
It isn't too cold were I am.. but now looking forward to a huge snow storm tomorrow. I like the snow but mom is really tired of it. Oh.. we like how you say it Crickey.

G'day!
Norwood

Guest Book

Followers