G'day maties,
For the last 8 years I have gone to a professional groomer to be clipped. Big disaster......she retired and sold the business. So today for the very first time ever I was clipped at home by D. They even built a grooming table for the occasion. First I was given a pretty pathetic brushing (because D did it not B), then I was bathed and then they built the table.....um hello, your supposed to clip me after the bath people!!!!! Oh no, I had to wait until Sunday afternoon for that great pleasure.
So now I give you photo evidence of what I think is going to be the new routine......sigh.



I got the terrier shakes during the clipping session. Clearly from the last photo I wasn't overly impressed.
Here is the end result. Ok tell me honestly, do I still look like an airedale?? What do you think?? 



You're probably thinking I don't look that different. D was a bit unsure so she didn't clip me very short. I think she was nervous and worried that she would totally stuff it up. At least the ordeal is over. Stay tuned next week as Willow is clipped. Haaa sucked in Willow!
tailwags
Noah x

41 comments:
Hubba,Hubba Noah - I think you look VERY handsome :)
love
Opy
Lacie Girrrrl...
Is that woo?
Seriously, woo are still one handsome pup!
Tank woo fur sharing your ordeal!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Good for B! She is courageous. Our mom is such a chicken (Oops--please don't chase her!!) she says she doesn't want me to hate her since I hate grooming, soooo. The haircut looks good. Better too little than too much. Can't wait to see how Willow takes to it. Airey Smooches, BabyRD
Hey Noah, we think D. did very well. You look very handsome and your new haircut really suits you!
Josh and Jess
Wow Noah you look great! Well done to your Hoomies for having a go themselves! It'll be much cheaper in the long run, I imagine!
~ Jedi & Ahsoka ~
Hi, Noah!
You look very handsome! D's grooming skills are pawesome!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Very good clipping - you look like a big teddy bear now!
cheer,
Ruby
oh my, how scary! No, not your picture, you are as handsome as ever, even after your Ma had a go at you with the clippers, just the thought of being clipped scares me!
I am sorry you had the terrier shakes, perhaps you could get a mild shake instead next time eh?
lots of love Marvin xxxxxxxxx
My Jeannie says to tell your D, that she cannot see straight now for laffing, laffing, laffing at the book your D sent her!
Bill Bryson has a lot to answer for now, my Dad has moved outta the bed they share, he can't take the snorting and crying from Jeannie while she is reading it!!!!!!!!!
Marv xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Under Two Weeks to go to the Big Aussie Adventure ...............Yay!
sorry meant to type "milk shake" (wtf is a "Mild Shake"?????)
Noah!
Please give D a big juicy goob smooch from me for clipping you herself. She did a FAB job. You look VERY Airedale! Are your ears still fluffy? My girl does that to me sometimes... doesn't get to my ears until a couple of days later (since I wear her OUT with the basic grooming)!
My girl says she'd send me on over for my next groom if you all lived a little closer.
Does Willow know she's going on the chopping block next?
Goober love & smooches,
Stanley
Hi Noah
I think you look furry handsome :)
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx
Noah! You look fantastic. D is a natural. Maybe you can open your own spa.
Slobbers,
Mango
Good job D. Noah is as handsome as ever. Pretty soon D will be in a new business.
Hi, Noah...
D did a great job...You look very handsome...
I can't wait to see Willow's hair cut...
Thanks for stopping by & entering my Contest...
Abby xxxooo
Whoooowhoo (that's me whistling) I think you look very handsome. I must share with you, my mom doesn't take me to the groomers. Her last dog went but she decided to trim me herself. If you look close, you can always see evidence of your handy work. I think D did a good job.
Muuaaah!
Norwood
I think D did a great job. Maybe next time she should clip shorter, especialy the ears. I tell you this but you know, my Véronique will NEVER do this to me or Dyos...She is not very brave....
Kisses, Faya
hi noah--
No worries, you can't take away those airedale good looks:) D will get the hang of it!
kisses,
tula
When I saw the title I thought it was gonna be a video of you when you were a wee pup!!
We think the new 'do just adds to your handsomeness!
Ciao bello Noah!
I think D did a magnifico job with your taglio di capelli, mio amico, and you look very handsome and Airedalean.
Tanti baci!
Lucia
D did a great job, Noah! You look very handsome.
xoxoxo
Thor
You look gorgeous Noah!
D did an excellent job!
My mom wants to fly D over here to take care of my matted fur.
Oh, can I have you fur sent to me for my pillow stuffing, hehe.
You look great! D did a really great job! Our mom keeps threatening to buy clippers, but that would mean she would need a grooming table too...a hydraulic one since she can't lift us up and we're too lazy to jump!
Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches
Noah!
You look sooo handsome!! D did a great job!! You look a little unsure of her grooming abilities in a couple of those pics!! You are still very Airedale!!
Love,
Janie
I think you look great, she did a good job! Mom could no way do that, so she should be proud. Glad its over for you buddy!
Wow, Noah...judgin' by how tightly your tail was tucked, I'm thinkin' Auntie D. had some issues with your sanitary section...poor dog...
Did Khyra really just confuse us? Oh for Pete's sake...
Frankly, I think she did an amazin' job...we wanna know where she plugged those clippers in since you were outside...so she's groomin' ya right before your winter starts...hmm...at least she didn't shave ya like Stanny is!
We looked at that horrid video of B. tormentin' poor Lucy...I'd of bit him if I'd been there...actually I'd probably have loved it...poor Lucy...
I had some solid kibble this morning and had some more um well you know what...course I also had a small snackie from the Snak&Yak Bush in our yard...I'm thinkin' I may need another couple ladles of that Hoki Broth...Mumsie sez no no that's ok no more, but she's just being polite....wonder why all the cats in our hood are still on our front porch...
Love ya lots, Noah...
Um...I'm still not allowed to date, but your basket is empty here and if you wanna come back and keep me company????
Kisses...Laciegirlie
Your mom did an awesome job, Noah! You can hold your tail high and proud! You are one handsome Airedale boy!
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
Aaaaa Noah,
Ya look just like the handsome dude ya are.....pretty good job, D, fer yer first grooming job......ya'll get better after ya practice a bit.....don't give up...
We fled the cold winter weather of Pittsburgh and are still enjoyin' the Forida weather fer at least another 2+ weeks....internet service is spotty as we didn't arrange fer any while we are here but can use the neighbors at times.
We have a lot ta catch up on and have been seeing some sad things have happened while we were not able ta communicate.....why can't there always be good news?????
Hey think I heard ya say yer lookin' fer Autumn...'n we're lookin' fer Spring...sure hope we find it....
'N ya all have a great week and we'll stop by when we can......'n we sure have ta see if we can get Gram ta update our blog......she's really been slackin' off the job lately.....
Dewey Dewster here.....
Hey Noah.. does D talk to my humomm? she did give us all baths yesterday and started to chop away... but she does this on a regular basis....did Ms.Blue and started on me. unlike you she did not finish...i take a couple of days. you look great...i'm 1/2 done.. you know what a 1/2 done kerry looks like? i will not elaborate on this..
theBUSTER, MS.Persephone, & Ms Blue too
You look handsome as always, Noah! D did a really good just for her first time. I don't think Willow has anything to worry about.
Hi Noah,
I think you look great! D made you look adorable! Isn't it a bummer when your groomer retires? My Uncle Spencer just got groomed by a new groomer and apparently he looks awful, so D is looking pretty good. Can't wait to see Willow.
Your pal,
Kirby
Hi Noah,
You look just as handsome as always. My cousin is a Lowchen and gets clipped regularly but my mum and Gran.
Your mum should be prepared to either get the blades sharpened or replace them ALOT, hee hee
Hugz
Gizmo
You look great! At least it was just a slight trim and it did not change your handsome look too much. You were very good too while you were being clipped.
--JB
very dapper, just a little off the top and sides, that's the ticket.
Hey Noah - you look great! D certainly did a good job on you. At least you weren't scalped down to the skin! Has she been practising on anything with hair that moves!!!!
Alf n Mindy xx
You look very handsome. Mom did a great job...
Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie
I think you look very handsome after the grooming session, Noah! Your D did a great job with it...*grins*
Scottie
Look sharp, Noah. Looking real sharp! I think she did a great job!
Licks and Wags
TUffy of Dog Woods
You look great. Your humans sure are brave, to try out those scary clippers.
I'm always keeping my eyes open for a chance to do a short course on grooming dogs but one hasn't come up yet.
That is a brilliant job your mum did on you. Yes you still look like an airedale, and a handsome one to that.
Love
Finni & Nelly xx
w00f's, me thinks u looks very handsome there, Noah...heehee wood hate to c me iffin my mama got the sissors out..
b safe,
~rocky~
Noah, you look great! I understand how you feel though because I hate getting groomed too.
Woof,
Keeley
Post a Comment