G'day blogging maties
First of all I just want to say how much I enjoyed the New Years chat weekend. It was great catching up with old and new friends.
2009 saw the start of D & B's cheesemaking venture. It started off really well. They made quark and then moved on to haloumi. Both worked out so well that when D made the second batch of quark she was shocked that it failed miserably. She still doesn't know what went wrong.
Here is Lucy looking bored watching the cheese being made.
Voila, the haloumi almost ready to be put in a brine solution.
This is the first batch of quark they made. It worked out well and B used it to make a very delicious berry cake.
Finally a video of Tess & Willow playing bitey face.
D goes back to work tomorrow Jan 4. She is most upset !
tailwags
Noah xx

32 comments:
OMG, Lucy - how can you be bored with cheese making! Move over so we can take your place!
Whey and curd? That's not really cheese yet so I could have some of that with my kidney issues, right?! Mom says maybe not! Oh well, I tried!
We loved your biteyface video! Your white paws are so cute, Tess!
Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch
Mmm, cheesemaking does not sound like much fun, but the rewards on the other hand... YUM!!!!!!
~ Jedi & Ahsoka ~
Heureusement que D n'est pas très au point pour le fromage. C'est du bénéfice pour vous. Miam Miam !
Bisous, Faya
Great action movie (loved B's black socks, hehehe). Momma watched it three times and kept going awwww.
The slurpy sounds in the first movie really made me jelly of you guys. Given momma's fear of the kitchen, maybe I can just tell her to buy some curds and whey and bypass the whole cheese making process. Nom, nom, nom.
Slobbers,
Mango
Homemade cheese! Wowowwow! Your D is an incredible hooman. Wish we could sample her curds and whey too. Oh well, back on the road now.
xxx-BRD & Hootie
Happy new year! Here is hoping the cheese making goes better this year. MMM cheese :)
Don't worry! Some practice and the cheese will be perfect soon!
Glad you all enjoyed the curd and the whey! Sure it was delicious!
Bitey face! I love that!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Homemade cheese? We're there! Cheese curds rock! Wishing a Happy New Year to the Leuradales!
Mmmmm - I love haloumi! Best of luck for successful cheese making in 2010!
Happy New Year - Cheers Karen & Patsy
Hi guys - we don't want to be mean but we hope D stuffs up some more if you get rewards like that - YUM! He he he! We loved the bitey face video - ah, you can't beat a good game of bitey face!! Happy New Year - JD and Max.
Yummy, can I have some? Is Lucy hand stripped?
Sally Ann
We missed the chat but we heard it was a lot of fun. That cheese looks so yummy and we see you licked your bowls clean:) Loved the bitey face games, we do that too.
Woos, Phantom and Thunder
Oh yum on the haloumi (or so Mom tells me)!
Tank woo fur sharing your khool videos!
OH YES! Lots of fun during the chat!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
I'm so-o-o impressed with the idea of making your own cheese! I think it's great to start new projects and interests when you're on holidays.
What a good new year down under.
We loved those videos! Mom watched the second one 2 times - she is a sucker for curly bellies!
Anyhoo, I think you guys are SO lucky, getting all those delishuz curds and whey.
Geez guys we never heard of that kind of cheese but it looks wonderful....'n we wonder if ya had anythin' ta do with the batch that went wrong...goin' wrong ???? hehehe bet ya just love...... it when ya get the dregs, don't ya ????
Dewey Dewster here.....
wow am I jealous! I want some whey, and curds, and cheese!?!?
Hi Hi pretty pretty ladies,
Me me is Jaffaman! Me is happy happy you got lots and lots cheesie, me love cheese too.
Hi Hi Tess, Jaffaman think you are cute cute with white shoe shoes...I'm shy shy... Willow is pretty pretty too. Me shy shy again...
Happy Happy New Year to you ok ok?
Sharkie bites,
Jaffaman
I love it when humans get it wrong in the kitchen and we reap the rewards! I am so jealous you get to sample all that cheese!!
Love,
Janie
Hey Tess, you look so cute with your white socks!
What a great start of the year, with lots of cheese!
Love your videos guys! =)
Are they making that cheese for all of you? I don't know if I would like curd....is it good?
Happy new year! And my mom had to go back to work yesterday too and was very upset too.
--JB
Ooh--looks deeelicious! Did your mommee and daddee share wif woo?
Wuv,
Gus and Waldo
Oh my, looking at all the cheese made me drool loads! D & B sure knows their stuff well! Love the videos too! Happy Belated New Year! *grins*
Scottie
Mmm haloumi. Now Mom wants to make some too. Thanks dales! Paws crossed she's no good :)
Wiry love Eric xx
So much to bark back. First. We are home. (And we're s'posed to be laying low. "So much to do." You know the song and dance.) Second. We are VERY disappointed that Moma did NOT keep her promise to ready your entire blog during the holidays, but we are holding her to it and she was open and honest about her shortfall. Third. You are some lucky pups. Cheese and cheese failures. You sounded like a lovely symphony lapping up those bowls. We could add to the concert if you'd like to share.... please? We don't think we'd EVER talk Moma into making cheese. Yogurt maybe. But cheese? Not a chance.
Happy New Year to you from us,
Jake and Fergi xxoo
That sounds like a most wonderful way to start off the new year!! Mmm... it looks so yummy!!
Happy New Year to you, our dear friends!
G'Day mate. Happy New Year and all that.
Cheese!! You get your peeps to make cheese for you. Get them to instruct Misery. Pronto. Muy pronto.
Pippa
Looks like a lot of work, but worth it. I've never heard of quark cheese before, though. Is it an Aussie thing?
Happy Tails,
William Tell
Belated Happy New Year guys!
We can't remember whether we already wished you this, but it won't hurt to do it twice I am sure!
The cheese making is looking good! How clever and how neat, cheese on demand hey!
We have very very very very cold weather at the moment here, my J says she wants some warmth and Aussie Sunshine, although not so keen on the foggy stuff ;0D
Minus 20 degrees C, expected this weekend, I am demanding snow boots for my paws!
lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxxxxxxxx
oh and Jeannie xxxxxxx
licks to Lucy xxxxxx
Hey, Jeannie says you are watching MasterChef, its one of her favourite programmes, she can hear it going on in the background of your video!
Watch the Dales Jeannie, not listen to the background in future!!
Mom is so talented and you all are such great helpers.. You even got a reward for your help..
You all can come over anytime and hang out with us cold or not.... Bring D too. she can show mom how to make cheese.
Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie
Post a Comment