Saturday, July 10, 2010

My poorly ear by Noah

G'day maties,
It's me Noah. I've been in the wars lately. I've always had ear issues but this time it's worse than ever. I've even managed to rupture my eardrum.

I have been to see my vet 3 weeks in a row and I have another appointment this Wednesday. Last week I was put under anaesthetic to have my ear cleaned out as the yucky muck was quite bad. There was also some bacteria in there from an infection. I have to admit, it was a bit painful and I did have a little cry when the vet took a deep look in my right ear.

Now I have to have medication syringed into my ear twice a day. Megan being a vet nurse has been given this job. I really dont like it much. I cant hear very well as only one ear is working. D hopes my hearing comes back soon.


Please keep your paws crossed that my ear is improving.

Thanks maties.

Noah xx

37 comments:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hope you feel better soon buddy !

Opy
xo

JD and Max said...

Oh Noah, you poor thing. Get well soon buddy!! You are going through it aren't you, we didn't like the look of these photos, the way you were being dog-handled like that. Sigh - we know that it's all for your own good and that your lovely humans are just looking after you, but we just wish there was something we could do that would make you better without you having to be pawed and and having to cry.

We're sending all our healing vibes your way for a full and speedy recovery - please keep us posted, we'll all be thinking of you!

Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

Faya said...

Oh Noah j'espère que ça ira mieux pour toi. Et sans douleurs.
Bisous suisses, Faya & Dyos

Dexter said...

Noah! What the heck? Bad timing, pal. That must really hurt.

Listen, Momma says that her little Pi dog had her whole ear insides removed and sewn shut due to the bad cooties making it mushy inside but she recovered quickly and felt much better afterwards. So my paws are crossed that whatever happens next makes you feel better.

Slobbers,
Mango

Duke said...

We're sending you lots of AireZen, Noah! We hope your ear heals soon and your hearing returns to 100%!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Jake of Florida said...

Noah, dear pal, we sure hope your ear gets better and your hearing returns. Ear stuff can be very painful and we're so sorry you have to endure that.

Wirey love,

Jake and Just Harry

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Dear Noah, you have been so brave, please get your ear well soonest.

Thinking of you, lotsaluv, Marvin and Jeannie xxxxxxxxx

Sophie Brador said...

Oh Noah, That sounds nasty. I am always on ear meds, it seems. That swimming gives me ear infections. Blasted floppy ears! If I were there, I would only whisper sweet nothings (or something about bones) in your good ear.

xo
SB

Wyatt said...

Sorry about your ear, Noah. That is no fun at all. Get well soon Aire-Boy.

Wyatt and Stanzie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Yikes, Noah, that is not good. Hope all that extra special care you are getting takes care of things and your hearing comes back just fine.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Angus said...

We know just what it's like to have a sore ear. We'll be thinking of you.

Joe Stains said...

We have paws crossed and we are sending lots of healing vibes to your poor ear.

Finni said...

Ooooh, we hope your ear issue clears up soon! I'm in the wars too, Noah. I have a hot spot and a couple of sore feet. Nelly has even been on a walk on her own this evening.
It's this hot weather ... sigh.
We're sending lots of Airezen your way!!!!
Headrubs
Finni xx
PeeEss: Blogger's been rubbish for us lately, hence not much communication from our end.

The Airechicks said...

Oh Noah - we're sending lots of AIREZEN and asking Angel Grampie to keep a watch over you to make sure you start feeling better and your hearing clears up - so if you see a little red fox around that's Grampie don't chasing him he just there to keep an eye you - tell the girls too....

Feel better Noah -

XXoooXXoooXXxoo

Asta said...

My Sweetest Noah

I am pwaying and of couwse cwossing paws and sending pawsitive vibes that youw sweet, bootiful eaw gets totally bettew vewy soon. I'm sowwy you had to be huwt and hope that the memowy of that goess away
smoochie healing kisses
ASTA

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Paws khrossed fur improvement soon and fur good!

Of khourse, woo khan always use it as a reason fur not hearing things woo choose not to hear ;-)

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

George The Lad said...

Sorry to hear you have lug hold problems, will keep me paws crossed for you.
See Yea George xxx

George The Lad said...

Ooops lug holes, silly me
See Yea George xxx

Unknown said...

Noah wild man
Ouch ouch ouchie! I hope your ear gets better!
Norwood

Snowball said...

Hi Noah,

Thank you for dropping by my blog. Please come to my blog to see the video again cos my mindless jie jie posted the wrong video earlier.

Luv

Snowball

River said...

Ow! We hope your ear gets much better real fast.

love & wags,
River

Lorenza said...

Ouchie!
Noah! That sure was painful!
I hope the meds are working for you!
I have my paws crossed for you!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mack said...

Oh No! We are sending TONS of Macky healing sugars to you and your owie ear!

Deefor said...

Your poor ear! Going to the vet soooo many times! You are very brave. We'll keep our paws crossed (and Arrow even crossed his giant ears) for you.

Deefor

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We sure hope you get to feeling better really soon.. Looks like you are in very good hands...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Agatha and Archie said...

Darling boy, We are finally back for real and have fixed all nasty pooter problems and are getting used to the new one and we come to visit and see THIS...your poor ear.. It must hurt...... Listen don't use your IPod for awhile that won't help.We have EVERY leggie crossed and so do PL1 +2 ( who are very very hot and lying around doing NOTHING) We can't believe you had visitors from our fair city! And your PL could say I SAW THAT!!!! Love and a million kisses A+A

Moco said...

Take all of your medicine. That applies to ears also.

The Thuglets said...

Flippin heck Noah...how did yer rupture you're eardrum matie?

Was it all the noise from the girls?

we hope you are soon on the mend...all pawscrosssed ere.

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

P.S. Don't forget to keep looking all pathetic and mornful, works like magic for those special treats!

Princess Patches said...

Noah, we hope your ear is on the mend, by now! Actually, we stopped by yesterday, but when we started to type a comment, Aunt Wendy drove in our driveway, so we had to make a quick exit. Our mom didn't want her to just walk in the house and scare the you know what out of 2 sleeping 'dales!

Aire-hugs,
Penny & Patches

Thor and Jack said...

Get well soon, Noah!

Thor

tula monstah said...

oh no Noah! ooooowie! & woo have to go to the three letter word each week! yikes.. hope it does the trick and woo feel bettah real soon.

scratchies for ya,
tula

i said...

Poor you Noah. Keeping paws crossed for you.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh Noah, we are behind in reading blogs and missed this post! We sure hope you are on the mend now!
--JB

Inky and Molly said...

Oh baby, we can't bear the thought that something is causing you discomfort let alone making you cry! We sure those vet people get it sorted pretty soon. Lots of love from down here!

parlance said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Noah's ear.

I hope the eardrum grows back okay.

Just to give you some information, I had a ruptured eardrum for three years until I had it operated on at the end of last year.

It wasn't painful at all, once the infection was gone, except that on a cold day the wind can make it ache a teensy bit, so if it's possible to cover Noah's ear on cold, windy days it might help. (Is that possible for a dog? I don't know.)

The other thing is that I could still hear with that ear, even though infection had eaten away eighty percent of the eardrum (which is why it couldn't grow back on its own). However, things were very echoey on that side, like being in a big empty room, and I didn't have directional hearing, so I was told to be eg careful crossing roads, as I might not know a car was coming behind me.

Also, it was most important not to get water in the ear, so I had to put special stuff in my ear when I had a shower - I guess that will be easier for a dog, as they don't tend to get into water as often as we do.

I know dogs aren't the same as us, but I thought you might get some reassurance from hearing how it actually feels to have a ruptured eardrum. After a while I got totally used to it, and wouldn't even have had it fixed, except it was a bother not getting water in it. My specialist said heaps of people go through life with a ruptured eardrum and have no problems.

parlance said...

Just came across Miss Sunshade's blog. She is an airedale who once had a ruptured eardrum. Don't know if you know it already, or whether it will have anything interesting for you, but thought I'd mention it.

http://sunshadethesuperdale.blogspot.com

Sunshade said...

Oh no Noah..... you too with the ruptured ear drum....

How is it now? Is it healed?

I don't know if you know this already, but back in May, my SuperSTROLLER tire blew up inside the car when we first put aire in it. I was resting my head on it when it blew up and I went completely deaf for 4 days. Then my Auntie Janice said my left ear drum was ruptured. My hearing since then have not returned to what it was, and it still hurts when my Auntie Janice tries to have a look down that ear (other one is fine). Sometimes, I can't tell which direction the sound is coming from. However, I do think it works to my advantage, I have an excuse to not listen.

How did you rupture your eardrum? I hope you get better soon Noah....

ps. you can read about my ruptured ear drum here:

http://sunshadethesuperdale.blogspot.com/2010/05/errrr-thank-you-maybe.html

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Guest Book

Followers