Friday, April 4, 2008

Getting better with Lacie's help

G'day maties,


I'm back home and I've got my own personal nursie all the way from the U.S.A. Yes-sir-ree Lacie is right here taking very good care of me. Usually Asta and Lacie go nursing together but Asta is in Rome at the moment. Lacie even brought her own chair. She needs to be comfortable you know.


We set up a basket right next to mine so she can keep an eye on me 24/7. The only thing is she disappears now and again and I can hear lots of giggling and a blender which sounds like it's crushing ice. Willow, Tess & Lucy were busy the other day getting a list of stuff ready that Lacie said she would need. I don't see how a bottle of Vodka is going to make me feel better. Oh well, I guess she knows what she's doing. She has a lot of nursing experience you know.....and she has 3 assistants who if you ask me are totally useless.

Here I am relaxing outside. Lacie thought the fresh air would do me good. She really knows her stuff!!!!





So now I have to go back and have another urine test next week as I still have some blood in my urine. This operation I had today is unrelated to that but the vet feels it was the right thing to do. He also gave me new antibiotics. I hope they help the problem because if the slight bleeding doesn't go away I will then need to have a bladder x-ray down the track.

I had something to eat tonight which I woofed down and then B took me for a short walk with the girls. Lacie made sure my walk was short and not too strenuous. I'm not allowed to over do it. See she's good ay!!!

Now for something completely different. Last week our blog along with Seadra & Zoe won the Featured Blog. We'd like to thank Opy's mum Brooke for nominating us. We were really surprised. It was so exciting watching the votes come in.

Anyhoo, I'd like to thank you all for the well wishes and I never had any intention of bringing my bits home. The jars were just a little joke.....Aussie humour arrr arrrr.

Hugs and tail wags

Noah xx

52 comments:

The Black and Tans. said...

Hi Noah

We are very pleased you are at home safe and sound and that your OP went OK. You will recover very quickly with the proficient Nurse Lacie by your side.
Take it easy over the weekend.

Molly and Taffy

The Black and Tans. said...

Hi Noah

We are very pleased you are at home safe and sound and that your OP went OK. You will recover very quickly with the proficient Nurse Lacie by your side.
Take it easy over the weekend.

Molly and Taffy

Cassidy said...

Me be happy you be home with your sissies and Lacie looking after you. Maybe the vodka has antiseptic properties???

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Princess Patches said...

Hi Noah! We are glad you are getting such good care! We hope you feel better with each passing day and we hope the blood in your urine goes away very quickly. By the way, we think the vodka is actually for Lacie, not for you! Although, we hear it does have medicinal properties! Get well soon, big boy!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

Faya said...

Noah I am happy that you feel good...and tomorrow you will be even better...
Kisses, Faya

Caz and Ludo the cool dude said...

sorry to hear you have been to the vets but are back home now.
you sound as if you are being well looked sfter though
well done on your award for the featured blog 2008

hope your up and fit again soon

Ludo the cool dude

Anonymous said...

Noah, so glad you are home and doing well! Sorry you have blood in your urine. I hope they can give you some medicine to help with that.
Hugs,
Sitka

Duke said...

We're so glad you're on the mend, Noah and we don't see a lampshade so you must be a good patient! We're so glad that Lacie is working her magic on you!
Congratulations on your DWB award! We LOVE your blog!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Amber-Mae said...

Oh my, I just heard the news. Your boy bits were finally chopped chopped after having 7 years of close bonding with "it"? I'm sooo sorry to hear about that Noah but I really hope you'll heal up soon. I like that jars joke. I really thought you were going to bring "it" back to preserve "it" & display in your home. BOL!!!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Stanley said...

Noah Bud!

I am SO PLEASE that your surgery went well, and that you have the best possible care available at home. Just watch out for that Lacie. She can be as wild as (or wilder than) your sissies combined!

Keep us posted on how you're doing. Hope the new anti-B's do the trick.

Goober love & healing smooches,
Stanley

Deetz said...

I sure hope you get well soon. Rest and relaxation is key....looks like Lacie is doing a fine job of nursing..I am still confused about the bits, and its scaring me. What if I have bits that need removed and stuff like that? I am gonna go talk to mum about this bit thing.
Deetz
High Five's to heal you

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

AAAAARRRROOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Hey Noah!
Babystan and I hope you continue to feel better and that Lacie doesn't drive you OUTTA UR MIND!!!!

WHEW...at least we know where the lifeguard chair is...Mumsie was NOT TOO PLEASED when she went out there and fell on the floor when she sat down.

So Lacie has the blender doin' overtime?? Keep an eye on ur mom; Lacie has this way of charmin' hooman peeps...ya might find ur mom a tad inebriated from all that vodka...(ya shoulda seen PL2 up at Agatha and Archie's place when she started chattin' with the "girls.")

Find a bag of peas and SIT ON 'EM, Noah....at least Lacie won't grind 'em up and drink 'em. Umm..we don't think she'd do that???

Terrier Zen at ya!!!!!!!!

Scruffy and Babystan

Pee Ess SSHHH...it's Ruby's Barkday when we're in New York next week...so Asta's party is also a RUBY BARKDAY PAWTY!!!

Lizzy said...

I'm glad your OP went okay! I hope you feel better soon. I bet you're looking forward to when you can run around crazy again!

Sparky

Eric said...

Hey Noah,

Sending big wig wag get well wishes. Take it easy n keep those girls busy chasing round after you.

Eric

Eric said...

Hey pals, congratulations on you award, we love reading your blog!

Eric

Charlie said...

Glad you're home safe and sound. Listen to Nurse Lacie & you'll be feeling well in no time!
- Charlie

Lacy said...

woofies and burfs Noah, Willow, Tess, Lucy and nursie Lacie..congrats on winning the featured bloggy...and me glad u iz home safe after ur surgery..me wuz worried about it...my mama says fank u sooo much fur da carwd u sent her and daddy..it really meant a lot to her...

b safe,
rocky, bear and angel lacylulu ;)

PP's mama iz gonna make me a scrapbook and the carwd will fur shure go in it...Luv, angel Lacylulu!!

Kirby said...

Hey Noah,

So glad to hear that everything went well! It's a bummer they wouldn't let you bring your bits home with you. It's too funny that your bits wouldn't even fit in the jars. You must be one big boy. Wink-wink!! I sure hope your anitbiotics clean up your infection. It's no fun to keep going back to the vets. Get some rest, I'm sure Lacie will keep you well taken care of. Rest up my pal!!

Your pal,
Kirby

The Zoo Crew said...

hope you're doing well, noah! and congrats on the well-deserved award of being the featured blog!! woohoooo :)

the zoo crew

Lorenza said...

Hi, Noah!
I am so happy to hear that everything went well with your surgery! I know Laci is taking good care of you!
Congratulations on your award!
Have a good night
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Simba and Jazzi said...

Glad to hear you are home. Hope your recovery continues and you are soon back to your old self.

Simba x

Kyanite said...

Hi Noah!

Am pleased to see you're safely home & with a personal nurse too that can't be bad!
But suspect Lacie & your sisters maybe secretly pawtying, behind your back - girls will be girls!

Have a good w/e all!

Pats & pets
Blue

Alf said...

Noah - glad to see you are being looked after so well! Puut your paws and relax - they say that you heal quicker when you are resting!

Make the most of it!

Alf n Mindy xx

Jake of Florida said...

Hello Noah,

We're glad the snipping is over amd that you're being nursed back to health by such a team of experts.

We're also glad the "bits" stayed behind!!

We don't remember ours -- the snipping happened before we ever knew what they were (or for).

Take care of yourself, pal!! Make those pinkies give you lots of treats with those pills.

Terrier woofs,

Jake and Just Harry

Juno said...

Hello "cover girl" Noah!!! We're glad you're home and very safe. Sorry that we haven't visited you for a little while. We just caught up everything. :)

Congrats for the award. We love your blog and we're happy you won!

Momo & Pinot

Juno said...

Oh yes, we won't have a good view from our new home. :( Funny thing is that all hooomans and dogs look so big from our new window. :D

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We sure hope that it is nothing serious. You just mind what Lacie tells you and you will be better in no time...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

William Tell said...

You are in good hands with Lacey, but you still need to be careful and not overdue. Hope you get all this resolved soon and are back to your old self again!

Happy Tails,
William Tell

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Noah!

You look great! A little sad in the first picture, but I don't blame you! You are so lucky to have your very own nurse...just don't let her boss you around too much!

Congrats on winning Aprils featured blog!

Woohoo! Go Noah!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Dewey Dewster said...

Noah,

Gee, mate...lost your bits, did ya? I hear talk that I will be losing mine shortly and I'm lookin for a place to hide...got attached to the guys...any room at your place? Hope you're better soon....oh and take care of Lacie...she's one sweet nurse....

Dewey Dewster here........

Miss Ellie and Baz said...

Hey Noah, glad you are home again and doing ok.
Don't worry about losing your bits, you are still my main man.

Love
Miss Ellie xxx

Thor and Jack said...

I´m glad to hear you are home, Noah! I hope you get better soon!

Thor

Dexter said...

Glad you're feeling OK after the loss of your bits. You are lucky to have such a good nurse (I think she has a crush on your handsomness).

Slobbers,
Mango

Southbaygirl said...

Yeah I'm so glad you are home safe!!!! Rest and get better!!! I'm really glad you are being taken care of so wonderfully!!

Velcro

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Noah!

I would love for you to come over so we can defend against the kitties! Bring your whole crew!

Hope you're getting better each day!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Neko said...

So sorry to hear about your huevos, did you use them to make Noah Jrs. before they went away? Love,Neko

Urban Smoothie Read said...

lacie seems like a certified nurse...

i said...

Glad to know that you are doing fine, Noah. What a good nurse you have there! It's a relief to know you didn't use that jar after all heh heh...

Congrats on your award! You have a cool blog!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

I'm glad Lacie is taking care of you. She's a pawsome nurse

~ Girl girl

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are back home Noah and I hope the bleeding stops really soon.

You are being looked after wonderfully by the sound of it - good on you Lacie!!

River

Persephone and Buster said...

whoa...noah.. glad you're back on the home ground.. you'll be safe there -- if the gurleez don't drink that stuff they're mixing up..
hey stay sane (is that possible?) and get well soon so you can go out and enjoy the "autumn" days...gee very weird...i'll be swimming and you'll be plowing through the snow.
anyhow -- feel better soon!
theBUSTER & Ms. Persephone (springtime is my time ;]])

Agatha and Archie said...

Oh we are glad it is all over and hope you are feeling better. Uh Noah,I kinda would watch Lacie...She was over here with Archie when he was sick adn it becane a GIANT party!!! Love A+A

Bogart H. Devil said...

Noah,

Sending you happy, healthy thoughts on the recovery, and my condolences on the boy bits...

Love,
Bogart

Hammer said...

Hi Noah
I'm real sorry you lost your bits. It just aint fair. I lost mine too. I hope you recover from your operation very quickly and I hope the problem with your urine is sorted out too. It's good the girls are looking after you.
Sorry I'm so late wishing you a speedy recovery. It's my mum's fault.
Also a VERY BIG CONGRATULATIONS on being the featured DWB blog for April. This is pawsome.
Love from Hammer

Mack said...

Hello Noah!

So sorry you had a bit removal operation - but looks like you are on the road to recovery with your private-duty nurse Lacie by your side!!

Thanks for stopping by my bloggy! Yours totally rocks!

Anonymous said...

Noah, mate, glad to hear that you're home safe and sound. I have my bit removal operation on Monday the 14th. Going in at 7.30am, being picked up by my pet parents at 5.30pm. They say I'm gonna be a bit groggy after. Pray for me!
Josh

Willow the Black Dale said...

Noah,
So glad to see you are home from the doggie hospital. I hate that place. Looks like your nursies are taking great care of you. Hey did you get any of that Vodka stuff? I am sending Aire kisses and nose pokes your way.
Willow

Asta said...

Noah
I'm so sowwy I wasn't hewe to come help nuwse you..I hope you'we feeling lots bettew now and that the antibiotics and Lacie's vodka coowe do the twick and you get totally well..Pleez take cawe and listen to nuwse Lacie..get good west!
My pawents wewe'nt mad at all about the mess..they loved seeing evewyone so happy!
smoochie kisses to you and youw sissies
Asta

Deetz said...

Sure hope you are on the mends and being able to play outside. My ears finally settled down after they dried out. My mum updated my blog on Gizmo...so far good news
Deetz

Asta said...

Noah
I hope you'we feeling lots bettew today and the ati thingies awe wowking...I didn't have to piddle in the plane, cause it was like my night time sneep time..
let me know if you need me to come help nuwse you
smoochie kisses
Asta

erin said...

Well, I only had my bits for 5 months before they took them and I only missed them for about a week. Since you've had yours for 7 years, I'm sure you'll miss them for longer but that won't last forever and soon you'll be over it. I hope you're feeling better, Noah!
Woof,
Keeley

Lenny said...

Hey Noah! Congratulations, and I'm sorry about your bits. Hope you're feeling good with all of that good help.

I'm turning 10 years old this summer. You are the oldest of your bunch, right?

Your friend, Lenny

Guest Book

Followers