Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Million Paws Walk 2008 & about me meme

G'day Maties,
Last week our pinkies took us on the annual Million Paws Walk. This event is a fund raiser for the RSPCA and we all know how important that is. It is held at many locations all over the country and we went down to Sydney's Olympic Park. We saw hundreds of dogs and their pinkies. We met up with our friend Mindy who is now the same size as the girls.

When we got there we all gathered in a large park where we listened to the head honcho of the RSPCA give his speech. Then Anthony Field from the Wiggles gave a talk about his role on the tv show Animal Rescue (which pinky can't watch because it's too sad).
Anyhoooo lots of people were gathered around listening to the speech and some were standing underneath this big sculpture. Suddenly thousands of litres of water erupted from the sculpture which turned out to be one giant fountain, and they were absolutely soaked to the skin which was rather unfortunate because it was a very cold day......eeeeeep! I can tell you pinky would not have been happy if she was under there, besides getting the hair wet she would have been very cold. B and the girls just missed getting wet but D and I were well back.

The walk went for 3 kilometres and when we got back to the park we had some lunch and listened to a band. The was also lots of doggy and pet merchandise to look at.

Check out the two new maties we made on the day. That is Jaffa the airedale and Belle the WFT.

We had a great time and it was great to see so many people and their pooches supporting it.

We've also been tagged by our new airedale friend George the airegirl to play the about me meme.

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post,the player than tags 4 or 5 people and post their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you have posted your answer.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Hmmm hard to say as I wasn't born yet

!2. What are the 5 things on my to do list for today: Sleep, go walkies, eat dinner, bark at guests and chase possums

3. Snacks I enjoy: Frozen hoki fillets, bacon, cheese and liver treats

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:Just like George I would make D & B stop working, then I would fence the yard and turn our property into a big dog leash free area

5. Three of my bad habits: ok some of you may be surprised but I'm a whinger. I cry to go out, I cry to come in etc you get the picture. I can be antisocial and if something is in my way I find it difficult to get past so I whinge some more

6. Five places I have lived:I've only ever lived here and with the breeder

7. Five jobs I have had: I'm a guard dog. I babysit my sissies. I make sure possums stay away. I protect the pinkies and I walk D to the station in the mornings.

I think I'll tag Kirby, Mack, Mango and Moco. If you've already played just ignore me, I won't mind lol.

Well that's it for today.

Hugs and tail wags,

Noah xx

39 comments:

Snowball said...

Isn't it great to be able to go walkie together with so many other doggies?

I love all your answers to the questions. I am pretty vocal too so I dun think its a bad habit. We are only trying to communicate with the hoomans since they dun know our language.... dun you think so?

Luv
Snowball

Snowball said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snowball said...

Isn't it great to be able to go walkie together with so many other doggies?

I love all your answers to the questions. I am pretty vocal too so I dun think its a bad habit. We are only trying to communicate with the hoomans since they dun know our language.... dun you think so?

Luv
Snowball

Mack said...

That game sounds like a lot of fun!!

And I think I would've been scared by the big water spout - I'm not a big fan of the stuff!!

BrandytheGreat said...

OOh! That water sculpture looks scary!

BrandytheGreat said...

OOh! That water sculpture looks scary!

BrandytheGreat said...

OOh! That water sculpture looks scary!

BrandytheGreat said...

oops sorry for the repeats!

Moco said...

That looks like a great day out for a great cause. Nothing better than working for the animals.
I will answer your tag in a few days. I will have to figure out the answers by watching myself to see what I do.
Thanks for thinking of me.

Duke said...

Great answers on the meme, Noah! We haven't met George yet! We'll have to stop by and say hi!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Lorenza said...

Hi, Noah!
The Million Paws Walk sure was fun! And for a good cause!
Thanks to your meme now I know that your are a crying baby!!!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Alf said...

Hey Noah, that looked like a great day out! Lucky you didn't get wet from the oversized shower head!!!!

I can't believe your'e a whinger! It's usually the women!

Alf n Mindy xx

Alf said...

Hey Noah, that looked like a great day out! Lucky you didn't get wet from the oversized shower head!!!!

I can't believe your'e a whinger! It's usually the women!

Alf n Mindy xx

Joe Stains said...

I would have FREAKED if I got wet like that! I hate water! its ok to cry sometimes, I cry too!

Asta said...

Noah
That looks like a vewy nice event..it's so cool to get to meet new fwiends and sewve a good cause at the same time..it looks gweat!
I'll nevewbelieve that you would be antisocial wif me,,we've been to many pawties and you've always been supew nice, and Ellie loves you soooo
smoochi ekisses
ASTA

Southbaygirl said...

Wow Noah, that's alot of dogs together in one place walking! I bet it was fun. It's cool that you met two new friends! I like meeting new friends too! Hope you're having a fun weekend!

Velcro

Bogart H. Devil said...

What a cool walk that must have been!!!!!!

Love,
Bogart

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That looks like a great event. And that is a great meme. Maybe you could help my mom and chase away the armadillos at our house...I thinkt they are as scary as possums.
Thanks for telling us what kind of parrots they were in my post. That was furry interesting.
--JB

Dexter said...

Yowsa. One huge fountain. Nice day for walkies for a good cause.

I am pondering your tag.

Slobbers,
Mango

Gaia the Airedale said...

Indeed I would not like to be caught under that gaint fountain! Glad you had so much fun at the walk, my mom did something like that not too long ago. I wish I could have gone!

puppy breath,
-Gaia

Dewey Dewster said...

Noah...that's a big fountain and a lot of water...glad ya didn't get wet and cold cause it woulda ruined yer walk. Nice worthy cause 'n I see ya met a wiry fox terrier....gee whizz, we're everywhere....have a great week.

Dewey Dewster here.....

Thor and Jack said...

That event sounds like a lot of fun! And for a good cause!
Meeting all those dogs must have been great!
Cool game! I like all your answers , Noah!

Thor

Agatha and Archie said...

Well that sure was for a good cause.So what if you cry?? We do it all the time... a dogs gotta do what a dogs gotta do....Love A+A

Eric said...

What a good day you had at The Million Paws Walk. Mom's giggling bout the suprise fountain...lucky you missed it. Great answers on the game Noah, I cry too . . we are aware and sensitive doggies which is good!!

Wags pals, Eric x

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That looks like a pawsome event with so many doggies. I think your jobs are great

~ Girl girl

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That looks like lots of fun and you got to meet all kinds of new friends. You awesome for doing if for a great cause...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Asta said...

Noah
no wowwies..I heawd Lowenza giggling..she's fine..no one got huwt in the pile up, hehehe what fun
soochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess you awe a gweat team!

Islay said...

Hi Noah and pups! Looks like the million paws walk was great (I don't go anymore because my human gets tired carrying me all the way!)

We're puppy exchange pals, so look for my email and think of something nice you'd like me to send from down by the coast!

licks & slobbers
-Charlie

i said...

That sounds really fun, except for the huge fountain! Great pictures too!

Great answers on the meme!

Urban Smoothie Read said...

great outing... i think most pups would enjoy playing under the giant fountain...

Southbaygirl said...

Hi Noah, it's monday and I've spent three glorious days with my mom, but she goes back to that silly job tomorrow and I'm going to have to fight to blog! Just wanted to say hello to all of you!!

Velcro

Simba and Jazzi said...

That looks like a great day out. I would have loved to have got wet.

Simba x

Stanislaw said...

Good work getting out there for the rescue folks! And it's nice to meet you - I found you on DWB. You look like you have a super fun family with lots of pups to play with!

Stanislaw

Princess Patches said...

Our mom can't watch those rescue shows either. It makes her eyes leak! Thanks for visiting Patches and thanks for doing the Million Paws walk! It's always nice to help the RSPCA (or any other SPCA)!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

George the Pup said...

What a great thing - I wonder if they have something like the Million Paws March here?

Thanks for playing with the meme - what great answers!

Kirby said...

Hi Noah!!

What a great walk that was. You all sure were lucky not to have been under the water sculpture. He he! It would have been no fun to do the walk all wet. Isn't getting out and about with other pooches just the best?

Your meme answers are great! I cry/whine all the time too. Looks like us boy dales have that in common.

Your pal,
Kirby

Ben & Darling said...

That looks really fun, it has been such a looong time since our last doggy event here...we are looking forward on it.......

slurpy licks,
BenBen

Persephone and Buster said...

wow noah.. a great walk!! we need one of those here too... but the head honchos won't even let us 4 leggers walk for the cancer walk in the park.. ;o[
anyhow just wanted to let you know...i'm a "whinger" too...the humomm sez...."it's a plaintiff whine"....ah well, only the best!
ms.Persephone...oh ok.. and theBUSTER & Ms. Blue too

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

That looked like a great walk for a great cause. J1 was laughing at the giant shower thing. She would NOT have been amused to have been caught under that!

Your meme was very interesting, Noah. I didn't have you down as a crybaby. Don't tell anyone, but I cry sometimes too, especially if I don't get my own way or if J1 won't let me in the bathroom with her! J x

Guest Book

Followers