Friday, July 18, 2008

Fish head, fish head stinky little fish head



We do enjoy a fish head
The taste is mighty fine
It might look kinda gross
But we eat them all the time.


They're freaky cause they stare at us
As they lie there in the bowl
But we're brave & fearless airedales
And those fish they got no soul.


So it's time to have a good ol' munch
On our tasty little treat
Make sure your pinkies get you some
Cause mate they're hard to beat.


Hugs and tail wags,

Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Yes, we were inspired by Dewey Dewster but our poem isn't in the same league.

Not to worry, gotta start somewhere right???

48 comments:

Ben & Darling said...

Sorry, Im too late for the sad news...i hope you feeling better.

Anywhere the fish head are big & I tot only cat into fish??

slurpy licks,
BenBen

Anonymous said...

Bon appetite!

Abby said...

Hi, Noah...

I don't think I could ever talk my Mom into giving me a fish head..

No matter how hard I tried...

Abby xxxooo

Duke said...

We love that extra shake you gave it, Noah, just to make sure it was truly dead! I guess there are no bones in the head that can hurt you? We've never had anything like that before!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Mack said...

We think your poem totally rocks!!

And those fish heads look mighty tasty!!

BrandytheGreat said...

I love fish heads too! But theyre like, erm..fried!

Hero said...

Those fish heads sure look yummy! I just had sardines last night for dinner, but I don't think tiny sardines can compare with your ginormous fish heads.

Faya said...

Miam miam...bon appétit mes amis !
Kisses, Faya

Deetz said...

That is the most wonderful poem about the fishy heads
I ate a catfish out of my neighbors pond once, it was rather tasty, but the smell was horrid.
Deetzy

Finni said...

LOL I love the poem, and the heads look tasty too!
Love
Finni xx

The 3 G-Dales said...

Howwwlly Mackrel!

You are an artiste!

What a lovely poem...yes, we are sure that the Dales loved the fish heads...we like Sardines too...Mumsies gets all grossed out when Daddy gives them to us and she won't let us kiss her with stinky fishy beards either....

But yes, you have great technique!

Love to see you do your thingy!

The G-Dales!

Thor and Jack said...

Beautiful poem! Those fish heads look tasty!

woof
Thor

Anonymous said...

Wowsers! That is a big fish head! Loved your poem!
Hugs,
Sitka

And Puppy Woos from Cornelia Marie

Charlie Daniels said...

Loved the Poem :-)

Is that BBQing fish I can hear in the background ?

Cheers

Charlie

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I LOVE your poem. You are awesome poets. I think I might like a fish head too.
--JB

Persephone and Buster said...

We're raisin' a glass o' Foster's Bitters to the new Piscine Poet Laureates of New South Wales!

Personally, we prefer chipmunk guts to fish heads, but really the only difference is that you guys should accompany the meal with a nice sauvignon blanc rather than a merlot.

Cheers,

Persephone & Buster

the Corgi Girls said...

OMD, we LOVE fishy heads too!!!

;o)
M & I

Alf said...

Oh Noah - that's put the pinky off her Weetos!!!

The poem is fantastic - if only I was poetic!

The fish heads look big - I don't think we have a chance of one of those - pinky would freak out - she won't even open a tin of tuna!!!

Alf n Mindy xx

Alf said...

PS: - I love the bib Lucy!

Mindy x

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Wow, those heads look like they've come from GIANT fish! I bet you all have great stinky fish breath after eating those! J x

Dexter said...

I showed Momma your fish head movie and she said "NO WAY!" What a meanie.

Your poetry is wonderful.

Slobbers,
Mango

Dewey Dewster said...

Wow Noah and family....

Ya wrote a great poem there and I love the picture of ya watchin' the fish heads in yer dish very patiently....but OH MY DOG....ya really ate 'em......real.... uncooked ...with the eyes attached.....'n no bodies....fish heads. Noah ya guys are pawesome...but we like our food cooked 'n not lookin' at us while we eat it........

Dewey Dewster here.....

Snowball said...

I dun think I will ever eat a raw fish head like you did. I never chew on my food All my food are mashed up for me before they are served.

Luv
Snowball

River said...

If I found a fishhead in a bowl I'd eat it fast before anyone else did. No problem. Yours looked so good!

love & wags,
River

Gaia the Airedale said...

mmmm fish yum! That reminds me of sardines, yummers!!

puppy breath,
-Gaia

Moco said...

You guys really know how to take care of a fish head. Are you Finnish?

Lorenza said...

Hi, Noah!
Those fish heads look delicious (my mom does not think so!)
Maybe if you tell her about the benefits of eating them I can convince her to give me one someday!
Have a great weekend
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Eric said...

MMMMmmm. Big fishy in a dishy! Rocking poem pals!! What happened to the their tails?You get another day maybe...

Wags, Eric x

Joe Stains said...

You might be the luckiest dogs in the WORLD. I want a fish head :( Maybe if I sing this song to Mom she will get me one?

George the Pup said...

That is so cool - I think I can safely say that Mommy will never get me a fish head to eat (maybe I'll work on Daddy a bit...)!

Islay said...

Three fisher-dales - what a treat! Not bad as poets, either!

licks & slobbers
-Charlie

Miss Ellie and Baz said...

Oh hello stinky fish breath Dales.
Looks like you really enjoyed eating those yukky looking fish heads.
Somehow i don't hink i could eat them!

Miss Ellie.

ps - I am sure Bazzy the guts would eat one!

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Noah,
Wow those are some big fish heads! Lucky you guys get fed outside! Mum once gave me a cooked tuna jaw bone to chew on but it was so stinky and so was I that she had to give me a bath right after.
Mum said she recognised the sound of the Australian bush in the background.
Lix
J&D
Btw do you know where your pinkies are going in Japan?

Asta said...

Mommmi sang me youw poem sevewal times and was giggling..I loved it!!!,but she won't give me any fish heads..she's a meany..it looks delish!
smoochie kisses you lucky cuties
love
ASTA

Kyanite said...

Poetic Airedales what ever next!
Well done, a fine effort.
My Springer loved fish too, have just posted about his fishy adventures.

Pats & pets
Blue

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Ah...Noah....um Mumsie's in the bathroom...I think she's tossin' her cookies for some reason...and I know she wasn't drinkin' last night....I can't imagine that it could be ur video??? She started to say something about NO DALE KISSIES from Noah and family before she ran off laughing hysterically...

Yummers...so what kinda fishies were they? Can ya bring some on Aire Ruby today for appetizers???? And if any dog is sooo stoopid not to finish it we can give a good roll on top of the remains...I'm sure Ruby would be honored to have fish stink in ur carpets on the plane!

Lacie is soooooooooo lookin' forward to seein' you and the girls...she wanted to know if you mum could come too...she seems rather attached to her!

Fishie barks...
Scruffman

Molly and Gertrude said...

Yum scrum! Noah - you are a poet, and you know it! We would love some fish heads like that. We had fish skins the other day and Gertrude did eat the eye-balls, but they were nothing quite like that. Hope there were no little tiny fish-bones in there....

Hope D is feeling a bit better now. Give her a big fishy kiss and save her the best part of your next fish-head, just to make sure she's ok.

Love Molly and Gertrude
xx

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We would be willing to bet that fish heads and bathes go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Southbaygirl said...

Fish heads-I'd eat them if my mom gave them to me! Come on mom buy me fish heads! I'm very impressed with your poem!!!

My mom and I hope your mom is feeling a bit better! Tell her we're still thinking of her!

Velcro

i said...

The poem is awesome! Such talent!

Gee, don't think I'll ever get to taste any fish heads. LS hates fish breath on me.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That sure looks like a yummy meal

~ Girl girl

Petra said...

What a great poem about fish heads! I've never seen anything like them before, but I can tell you guys LOVE them!

Simba and Jazzi said...

Dropping by to say hello. Hope you had a great weekend.

Simba x

Princess Patches said...

Stinky fish breath! They do look yummy, though! Did your pinkies eat the other end of those fishies? We aren't too sure about having our food watch us while we eat it. Hahahaha.

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Agatha and Archie said...

Whoa..that thing looks FABULOUS!!! But PL2 said forget about it,no way, it is not happening, because we would have to eat it inside...we said SO WHAT??? WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL????? Archie thought she would change her mind if he offered to eat it on the couch but she just walked away from him...guess we are stuck with sardines.......Love A+A PS you are as good as Robert Frost!!!

Kirby said...

Hmmmm, fish heads, I'm strangely intrigued. I'll have to get Mom to try it out. This may be an issue, as Mom is not a fish fan at all. It takes a lot to get her to eat fish, which frustrates Dad who loves fish! He he! You guys look great with your fishies!

Your pal,
Kirby

parlance said...

Noah, that's a great video clip because it shows exactly how a dog eats a fish head.

I was at a fish shop the other day and the owner said he would sell me fish heads really cheap but I'm a bit scared of them.

How did your humans decide that fish heads are okay to eat? Is there any info around?

Obviously they do think they are safe or they wouldn't give them to you - I realise that - but I'm such a scaredy-cat about new things. I have to control my nervousness all the time Penny is crunching into rabbit bodies or chicken thighs. The crunching sounds are healthy, I know, but I get nervous about those little bones. I guess it's a nervousness reinforced by all the vet 'experts' who want us to buy boring old driy food.

Anonymous said...

Hi Noah,

The fish-y poem was good:) So that's how you kept yourself motivated while you ate it. Well, at least I'd need tons of external motivation to eat fish...and to eat it raw with those spiky fish-bones...you need courage!

On your next jaunt, stop over at my place too:)

Licks n Wags,
Oorvi

Guest Book

Followers